Liberated Matt

Lana Del Rey

37 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Apparently there was some mess on LB where Eclipse revealed that he'd heard the lead single for the new album and seen the video. He said he didn't like it, but that it was also iconic? I dunno what that's supposed to mean. dead2 

the stockholm syndrome is real!

his review for the curious! since everything has been deleted for filth now apparently, mods can't handle... modding and stuff and rather just nuke all info shared and reactions, site is the pits etc jj4 

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. It's enough to make me go crazy. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Tampon said:

his review for the curious! since everything has been deleted for filth now apparently, mods can't handle... modding and stuff and rather just nuke all info shared and reactions, site is the pits etc jj4 

Well, it sounds intriguing!

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Guessing we'll get a single in March so

Hoping for her to start teasing (or just being more active on social media would suffice for teases) by the end of this month, and an announcement and release in February tbh, Lana getting braVe with these sharings, release can't be too far wat3 

10 minutes ago, Tampon said:

Hoping for her to start teasing (or just being more active on social media would suffice for teases) by the end of this month, and an announcement and release in February tbh

I could see February happening. There really wasn't much fanfare leading up to West Coast or High By The Beach. Iirc, they were both only announced about two weeks before release?

1 minute ago, Americunt said:

I could see February happening. There really wasn't much fanfare leading up to West Coast or High By The Beach. Iirc, they were both only announced about two weeks before release?

Yeah HBTB was announced barely a week before, there was so much hype and info from all the interviews she was giving though so it didn't really feel as empty as it does this time, to me at least... jj4 

Just now, Tampon said:

Yeah HBTB was announced barely a week before, there was so much hype and info from all the interviews she was giving though so it didn't really feel as empty as it does this time, to me at least... jj4 

We are in a bit of a drought right now, having not had a single photoshoot or proper interview released during 2016. It's actually kinda shocking that she didn't even do any soundtracks this past year, since that's usually what she does when between eras. Hopefully we get some promo this time around. jj4 

3 minutes ago, Americunt said:

We are in a bit of a drought right now, having not had a single photoshoot or proper interview released during 2016. It's actually kinda shocking that she didn't even do any soundtracks this past year, since that's usually what she does when between eras. Hopefully we get some promo this time around. jj4 

Maybe she went a bit MIA to let people miss her a bit and make the length between eras feel longer then do a ton of promo with the new era and make it a bit more successful! one can delude themselves. jj4 
watch her try hard this era though but the music will suck, life needs balance and what not... jj4 

1 hour ago, Tampon said:

he sounds like he enjoys melanie martinez. 

6 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

so the lead single is the title track and the album title is a phrase as opposed to a single word love chai ✅✅✅ omg I hope there's a lot of fanfare I wanna get excited for an era again it's been 2 years cry1

No they're definitely different entities...

Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired.

but yeah can't wait to apparently feel bored and dissapontment by an apparent uninspiring mess ! jj2 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 39.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunty Bear

• Americunt

• Lust

• Andres

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine hating Florida Kilos...

i can say at least that In My Feelings through Heroin are trash