Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

11 hours ago, Hyun. said:

easily! I've never been a fan of their jpn albums at all but this one is actually good overall clap3

I sort of liked DxDxD but otherwise I agree, I feel like with their earlier albums it was mostly just a really strong title track, two or three other standouts and then quite a lot of filler, glad it's not the case with Five.

Whew, quite a few tracks on this Taeyeon's albern are pretty cheesy but she actually does cheese so well that I kind of love it. I Got Love somehow got so much better within the context too, one of my SOTYs currently.

okay Miss Taeyeon Swift's album is amazing, I like every single song clap3

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

Whew, quite a few tracks on this Taeyeon's albern are pretty cheesy but she actually does cheese so well that I kind of love it. I Got Love somehow got so much better within the context too, one of my SOTYs currently.

whew at the talent in your sig giveup1 I agree too, I thought I'd dislike the slower/OST-esque songs but they're actually amazing, I Got Love remains my fave though, loved it since first listen.

15 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

whew at the talent in your sig giveup1 I agree too, I thought I'd dislike the slower/OST-esque songs but they're actually amazing, I Got Love remains my fave though, loved it since first listen.

ah yes, icons only <3

Also love your set, My First and Last was such a good comeback

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

thank you legend <3 I'm glad Dream are getting so many wins with it, it's legit one of my fave NCT songs

Same, it's just really addictive and fun. I need U to make a comeback asap too, the other units are yet to create something as perfect as The 7th Sense!

2 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Same, it's just really addictive and fun. I need U to make a comeback asap too, the other units are yet to create something as perfect as The 7th Sense!

the chorus is so uplifting giveup1 omg tea, The 7th Sense remains 2016's SOTY. and I also need Ten to come back giveup1

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

omg tea, The 7th Sense remains 2016's SOTY. and I also need Ten to come back giveup1

For me it was tied with Why So Lonely. Still not over it.

And yes. As a person who's fairly recently got into k-pop and still doesn't know that much about the industry, I find it so fascinating how they can just switch the members like that though. I'd be so jealous if I were in only one unit and my mates were in two or more ddd

2 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

For me it was tied with Why So Lonely. Still not over it.

And yes. As a person who's fairly recently got into k-pop and still doesn't know that much about the industry, I find it so fascinating how they can just switch the members like that though. I'd be so jealous if I were in only one unit and my mates were in two or more ddd

to be fair, that's just SM experimenting and attempting to reach a global audience (since they do have China, Japan and US units planned or something like that). it took me a long while to understand the entire system and even more to get into every single member that has debuted ngl dead1

poor Mark is on the three units, he just can't rest. even less on the last few weeks where 127 and Dream were promoting at the same time dead1

4 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

to be fair, that's just SM experimenting and attempting to reach a global audience (since they do have China, Japan and US units planned or something like that). it took me a long while to understand the entire system and even more to get into every single member that has debuted ngl dead1

poor Mark is on the three units, he just can't rest. even less on the last few weeks where 127 and Dream were promoting at the same time dead1

ugh, I wish they broke through in AmeriKKKa, realistically though, Blackpink seems like the only younger group which has a chance. And n I love them as a group but have a hard time remembering individual members rip4 

Oh my, does he even sleep? dead1 Also not me just realising a lot of them aren't even 18, comparing this and what I was doing at their age... rip4 

1 minute ago, Vilppu said:

ugh, I wish they broke through in AmeriKKKa, realistically though, Blackpink seems like the only younger group which has a chance. And n I love them as a group but have a hard time remembering individual members rip4 

Oh my, does he even sleep? dead1 Also not me just realising a lot of them aren't even 18, comparing this and what I was doing at their age... rip4 

BLACKPINK and BTS are the ones with the bigger chance, I'd say, and BTS are really pushing it there. they even got to #8 on iTunes US with Spring Day so they're leading the game rn. BP on the other hand... YG is pure shit so they won't go anywhere rip4

right? i mean i don't know if to feel bad for the poor guy or applaud him for slaying in all he's in, there was this video from a Dream/U performance and he RAN to get into position dead1 n that was my main issue with Dream for the longest time, i wasn't into stanning 14 year olds but they make great songs so dead1

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

BLACKPINK and BTS are the ones with the bigger chance, I'd say, and BTS are really pushing it there. they even got to #8 on iTunes US with Spring Day so they're leading the game rn. BP on the other hand... YG is pure shit so they won't go anywhere rip4

right? i mean i don't know if to feel bad for the poor guy or applaud him for slaying in all he's in, there was this video from a Dream/U performance and he RAN to get into position dead1 n that was my main issue with Dream for the longest time, i wasn't into stanning 14 year olds but they make great songs so dead1

The BTS sound does seem pretty US-friendly, they could try with a song fully in English maybe (and even if they failed, I'd at least be able to sing along, a win tbh). And I heard so, I guess the American YG is the only one that matters.

ddd this reminds me so much of my prom. We were dancing polonaise and there were no breaks in between classes so if someone had a partner from a class which were starting right after them, they literally had to sprint their way to make it on time. And as long as you don't thirst over them, I guess laughcry1 

4 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

The BTS sound does seem pretty US-friendly, they could try with a song fully in English maybe (and even if they failed, I'd at least be able to sing along, a win tbh). And I heard so, I guess the American YG is the only one that matters.

ddd this reminds me so much of my prom. We were dancing polonaise and there were no breaks in between classes so if someone had a partner from a class which were starting right after them, they literally had to sprint their way to make it on time. And as long as you don't thirst over them, I guess laughcry1 

I feel like that's what they should do, they've got the sound, the members know a fair amount of English, that would make them huge over there. they've already dominated SK anyway, not like they need bigger releases rip4

nnn what a mess dead1 yeah i'm avoiding everyone who thirsts over them laughcry1

Just now, Hyun. said:

stannnnnn oprah4 Pink Tape, Red Light and 4 Walls are all masterpieces oprah4

bitch i'm so slayed, the first song I heard from them was 4 Walls and I was so bald after listening to it. oprah4 & then I listened to Red Light and I really was bald, I really love them. oprah4