Pretty Gays

Wentworth Miller Comes Out As Gay

tumblr_mlllooyRdw1r842yxo2_1280.jpg

The handsome 'Prison Break' star declined an invitation to a film festival in St. Petersburg due to new Russian laws banning homosexual 'propaganda.'

Wentworth Miller came out in a letter to the organizers of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival: 'AS a gay man, I must decline'
Wentworth Miller has come out as gay in a letter to the organizers of a film festival in Russia.

The "Prison Break" star, 41, was invited to appear at the St. Petersburg international Film Festival, but declined due to Russia's recent anti-LGBT legislation.

"AS someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes," Miller wrote in the letter, posted on GLAAD's website. "However, as a gay man, I must decline."
Miller went on to openly decry Russia's recent rulings banning homosexual "propaganda."

"I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government," Miller continued. "The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systemically denied their basic right to live and love openly."
"Perhaps, when if circumstance improve, I'll be free to make a different choice," Miller concluded. "until then."

GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz applauded Miller's stance.
"Wentworth's bold show of support sends a powerful message to LGBT Russian, who are facing extreme violence and persecution," he said. "As people from across the globe continue to speak out against Russia' horrific law, more celebrities and corporations should follow his courageous lead in openly condemning Russi's anti-LGBT law."

Didnt know he was gay but OMFG his role in Buffy, playing that swimmer, that was the gayest character in the closet EVER ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'> ny5 ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>