Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

exfactor003

Whitney Houston

one of my all time favorite singers, but let's be fair - Mariah Carey is 'the voice'. Whitney is a better belter and more powerful (or at least was) but she never could use her voice like Mariah can.

Anyways, back on topic my fav songs by her:

Greatest Love of All cry1 this song is like an anthem for racial equality worldwide and I think Whitney's rendition of it in the 1980s was representative to the world that the US was finally putting it's racial issues behind it ny12

One Moment In Time cry1

All At Once :'(

I Will Always Love You ... the verses cry1

I Have Nothing ny12

Didn't We Almost Have It All :'(

one of my all time favorite singers, but let's be fair - Mariah Carey is 'the voice'. Whitney is a better belter and more powerful (or at least was) but she never could use her voice like Mariah can.

oh, I disagree. I don't think even Mariah compared to Whitney, vocally.

i respect and admire both and I loooove Mariah BUT Nippy does have a stronger and clearer head voice than Mimi. Mariah's is almost non existant outside her whistling but that's ok. the girls harmonies and melodies >>>> imo oprah1

really? I think Whitney had more power and was better at belting, definitely. But I never really cared for her voice on R&B and her lower register sounds too much like a man for me. I couldn't imagine Whitney making something like The Roof work, whereas Mariah could have pulled off just about all Whitney's material, although I think Mariah would have struggled with IWALY even at her voice's peak because the way in which Whitney approached it meant that it simply could not be duplicated.

i respect and admire both and I loooove Mariah BUT Nippy does have a stronger and clearer head voice than Mimi. Mariah's is almost non existant outside her whistling but that's ok. the girls harmonies and melodies oprah1

Whenever You Call and All I Ever Wanted!!!

I think my favorite would be My Love Is Your Love. Or maybe So Emotional or Exhale. She also did a kick-ass cover of Higher Love. God cry1 So many songs to choose from cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'>

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.