Django

Queen Of Pop +Je Suis L'ART+

Marge Simpson as Madonna
Artist Alexsandro Palombo – known for his irreverent and colourful fashion cartoons – reimagines Marge Simpson in some of the most iconic dresses of all time.

One of those dresses is the famous Jean Paul Gaultier outfit Madonna wore during the Blond Ambition Tour.

Here’s what he had to say…

There is a Marge Simpson is every women and with this tribute I wanted to ignite the magic that is in every women; the strength, femininity, elegance, eroticism and beauty,” Palombo told us. “I made a strict and careful selection of what, in my opinion, has really influenced the style of the last 100 years. Each of these dresses really changed the course of the history of costume, giving a new aesthetic vision that has anticipated major changes in our society. We may not consider these clothes as art, but the aesthetic vision that they emanate has played an important role in giving strength to the path of emancipation of women since 1900. In many cases it’s the dress that has transformed a woman into an icon, but in many others, it’s the personality of the women that has enlightened the dress.

Check out more at Vogue.com

20131123-news-madonna-marge-simpson-jean