Kyoteki

Alabama Town Upset by Gay Cheerleading Squad at Parade

http://youtu.be/qkpGFpiEpx8

Residents were surprised to a dance group called ‘The Prancing Elite featured in the annual Christmas parade in their small town in Alabama. The group of black drag queens were invited, but the crowd was shocked when they began marching down the street in the parade.

Kentrell Collins believed the group knew who they were hiring and said, “I said we’re all over 21 and we’re guys. She was so excited. She was like I didn’t know they had any groups like that in Mobile.”

Another dancer told Fox 10, “Some of them were saying stuff like Oh my God, what’s that?”

Dancer Jerel Maddox said, “I would rather you pull us to the side and say, hey that’s probably not a going to be a good idea for you guy to march. Okay we can accept that.”

One resident said, “I was outraged and appalled. I never expect anything like this at the Semmes Christmas parade. If they were gonna put this kind of activity in the parade, they should have notified the people of Semmes so that we had a choice whether we wanted out children to attend and see something like that.”

The leader of the dance group said,  “We do want to apologize if we offended anybody who did not know who we were before today, but still at the end of the day, we only just came to dance and we did get invited.”

Obviously no one in this small town has been to my hometown: New Orleans. It’s just not a big deal. One thing for sure, their mix-up and reaction is hilarious.

Angry residents say they should have been warned that the troupe was part of the parade, and questioned whether it was suitable for young children.

The group is known as the Prancing Elites. They were dressed in red-and-white Santa outfits as well as short shorts.

One mother Claudia Davis, who attended the parade with her daughter, told Fox 10 News, “I never expect anything like this at the Semmes Christmas parade!.

She said she was “outraged” by the troupe.

The troupe, who were invited to attend the event by organizers Friends of Semmes, were greeted with cheers and boos as they made their way along the parade.

Organizers said they had “no idea” the dancers would be dressed in such costumes.

“We do want to apologize if we offended anybody who did not know who we were before today, but still, at the end of the day, we only just came to dance and we did get invited,” Kentrell Collins, the captain of the dance troupe, told the TV station.

“We are no different than any team out there dancing. We want people to stop looking at gender and focus on the talent,” Collins told AL.com.

DYNGGGGGGG... mad7ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

On a side note they told the reporter that they all love Beyonce. maisy

Omg this exactly how I think @King X and @Vaan are in rl. kii Not shading. (joke)

And I agree with @Teenage Wet Dream the op is a mess. katy1

You would've thought ho

I'm not the most masculine fella, but i sure ain't into that cheerleading prancing around mess lj1

I leave that for the indoors lj1

You would've thought ho

I'm not the most masculine fella, but i sure ain't into that cheerleading prancing around mess lj1

I leave that for the indoors lj1

Haha I think all us fags have our moments in our homes where we sway our hips severely and serve a little Beyonce. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

Haha I think all us fags have our moments in our homes where we sway out hips severely and serve a little Beyonce. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

And swing our nonexistent weaves around to Crazy In Love and Single Ladies ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>