soapsnstuds

Blondie / Debbie Harry

MEMBERS:  Debbie Harry ~ Chris Stein ~ Frank Infante ~ Clement Burke ~ Nigel Harrison ~ James Destri

BIGGEST SINGLE:  Call Me (No. 1 for 6 weeks, 1980)

BIGGEST LP:  The Best of Blondie (2x platinum, 1981)

GRAMMY AWARDS:  0

ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE:  2006

01_zps6e559531.jpg

NUMBER ONE HITS:

Heart of Glass #1 for one week, 1979

Call Me #1 for six weeks, 1980

The Tide Is High #1 for one week, 1981

Rapture #1 for two weeks, 1981

02_zps6abb1567.jpg

DEBBIE HARRY SINGLES WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN MASSIVE HITS:

Backfired - 1981

The Jam Was Moving - 1981

French Kissin' in the U.S.A. - 1986

In Love With Love - 1987 (#1 Dance Chart)

I Want That Man - 1989 (#2 Modern Rock Chart)

Kiss It Better - 1989

Brite Side - 1990

In the 1980's, Harper's Bazaar issued a yearly list of the Ten Most Beautiful Women in America every summer.  They rarely included rock stars (it was usually reserved for the likes of supermodels like Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington or actresses such as Virginia Madsen, Lisa Bonet, etc.) but in 1981, Debbie Harry made the list.

I'm not a massive fan of Blondie, but I do dig their singles, plus I was always into the whole CBGB scene.

Can anybody recommend a GOOD Debbie album? I've heard her Best of and didn't likea single song, aside from maybe French Kissing and I Want That Man. The Iggy Pop duo was good too, then again, I'm a huge Iggy groupie. Hush Hush was the only song by a famous artist used in the game GTAIII back in the day, and I loved it.

I sound negative, so here is what I love about Debbie. Her songs for a mad Canadian cartoon Rock and Rule. She did the singing voice of Angel, and other legendary performers in this movie included Lou Reed, Iggy Pop and Cheap Trick. I'm obsesed with this song, but can't seem to find a full version anywhere. The cartoon cupsized!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9TRHJWzFIs

@Vertigo-go I remember that game and it was Rush Rush, not Hush Hush orangu1

I'm a massive fan of Blondie due to the amount of slayage present on their Greatest Hits. I bought most of their albums after they were re-issued but nothing stands out - they definitely released their best work as singles. 

Favourite song: Union City Blue cry6

Least-fave song: Denis carla1

French Kissin' In The USA was cute but she seemed to run out of ideas whilst solo. Maria slays and they have some cute songs from the reformation, but it's all about their late 70s/80s work cry6

@Vertigo-go I remember that game and it was Rush Rush, not Hush Hush orangu1

I've no clue why did I type this! Rush Rush in GTA was probably snatched from Scarface movie, where it was used during some scene.

I think you said once you had a Debbie vinyl? Which one? I only know debut with Giger's cover, and Rockbird. What should I download?

I've no clue why did I type this! Rush Rush in GTA was probably snatched from Scarface movie, where it was used during some scene.

I think you said once you had a Debbie vinyl? Which one? I only know debut with Giger's cover, and Rockbird. What should I download?

I have her LP Koo Koo but I've never listened to it orangu1 I don't know much of her solo stuff but I could recommend you some Blondie to loaddown. 

I have her LP Koo Koo but I've never listened to it orangu1 I don't know much of her solo stuff but I could recommend you some Blondie to loaddown. 

Bought a vinyl and never listened to it? dead2

What kinda hipster alert ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

Bought a vinyl and never listened to it? dead2

What kinda hipster alert ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

ny1 Now I sound like a complete and utter dilettante ny1

Blondie Bottlerock Napa Valley Setlist

1. Dreaming

2. The Tide is High

3. Long Time

4. Good Boys

5. Denis

6. Rip Her to Shreds