Robert.

1989 Secret Sessions

Selected fans received an invitation to a secret pre-listening event for 1989 today. Recap:

Polaroid pics from the event

ByCDO68CYAA9jIo.jpg

MzFfAT7.jpg

gCdyo8x.jpg

kla @blessedswift · 24s
ME AND TAYLOR TOUCHED ASSES IM TRASH AND GAY!

Fan rihactions to new songs

ByCKCbkCIAA4229.jpg

the opening song had very predominate drums. this one she wrote with ryan tedder and it’s a very solid opening track. The song isn’t about a boy, or love, or anything like that. It’s about a place.
actually most, if not all, of the songs she played for us had predominate drums throughout the song if my memory serves me right
I didn’t hear that much horns tho
out of the woods I can say because it was already mentioned in the RS article. but damn this song slayed yo. very catchy
Bad blood lmao this was the **** man. damn katy perry better watch her back cause tay is coming for the bitch
there’s also this song that I can’t name but oh my god. Let me tell you. This song is so ****ing sassy, trust. it’s hard to explain but lemme try to the best of my ability. You know how the media always writes those ridiculous stories of how she goes on so many dates and has so many boyfriends? The media basically views her as this maneating serial dater that one minute pushes away a guy but the next is clingy and wants them back. Well, she decided to write a song in the point of view of the woman that the media portrays her as, if that makes sense. Trust me I know my description was bad but damn the song was so sassy and there are a couple of lines that I will get tattooed on me. This song should definitely be one of the first ones you listen to once the album comes out.
there are one or two about a certain guy she has dated but I don’t exactly know for sure how many songs. But let me just tell you this, from what I’ve heard so far, there are no songs dissing any exes (if my memory serves me correctly)
the voice memo she played for us WAS SO GOOD. Like her voice was pitch perfect and it was amazing. The actual finished song was even better. It definitely had a darker vibe to it but it isn’t like super dark or anything lol. It kinda, ALMOST reminds me of haunted, but more pop
that one song with the title that is very similar to an exboyfriend’s name, DAMN. Not what you would expect at all. Not a diss song. It’s so damn catchy.
there are a couple of songs that I don’t remember the theme or backstory but trust me it’s SO DAMN GOOD. EVERY SINGLE ****ING SONG SLAYED US
also, there’s one song that in certain parts, it reminded me of a lana del ray song lol it was very smooth and seductive. trust me you’ll love it
BUY THE ALBUM. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
I honestly was worried when she said she was gonna go full on pop and will be working with shellback & max martin. But honestly after hearing most of 1989, my worries are gone. This is an amazing pop album with that Taylor touch we’ve all come to known and love. Honestly if you are worried with her going pop, don’t stress over it. She still has some amazing lyrics and the beats are really solid. So for your fears and worries, just “shake it off” lmao
this album will slay so hard. trust me on this

Fan experiences

tumblr_nc8mtdxDdz1s9my0jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc8mtdxDdz1s9my0jo2_500.jpg

Updating as more tea surfaces!

Omg

tumblr_nc8iczDZec1rjb0p4o1_500.jpg

HELLO FRIENDS OF TUMBLR I HAVE A GREAT STORY OF THIS PHOTO TAKEN TODAY SEPTEMBER 20TH OF TAYLOR SWIFT AND ME AT HER HOME IN BEVERLY HILLS IN WHICH I HEARD THE ENTIRE 1989 ALBUM READ BELOW FOR A FULL ENCOUNTER PLUS SONG DESCRIPTIONS AT THE BOTTOM

September 20, 2014

On Monday September 15th I was at home and I received a call from a number and I answered and they asked for me by name, I then responded “Who is this?” “Hi this is taylorswift.com and we would like to know if you are interested in attending an exclusive Taylor Swift event.” WELL OF COUSE I WOULD 

From there I went through the process of getting all the information in the next two days. I had a location to meet at and I didn’t know anything other than to keep everything confidential. 

Saturday came around and I was excited beyond belief. My friend Delilah and I drove out to the location and was then asked for the password. We checked in and weren’t really told anything other than it was going to be exciting and fun. We checked in and loaded onto these two limousine buses and were taken to HER BEVERLY HILLS HOME.

We pulled up into her driveway and were checked by security and then allowed to enter through her backyard and to her patio that was filled with mismatched tables and chairs and plants all around and a bicycle that had like a carriage thing attached and benches and flowers and it looked heavenly. There was also tons of food and smart water out and fruit platters and cookies and desserts and chips and salsa and guacamole. We sat around and chatted nervously and excitedly (LIKE WE ARE IN HER HOME WHAT IS LIFE) until they let us into her house. I saw Tree Paine outside along with several security members, lots of Taylor’s workers. We all crowded into her living room that was filled with TONS of candles like her house smells great, and perfect little trinkets and pictures (there was an old picture of some women that Taylor wrote on with one woman (labeled Taylor) asking “Will Prince Charming ever come along?” and the other woman (labeled Ashley) answers “Nope.” / another picture was ok JFK and another man idk who he is??). So we sat on couches and on the floor on massive mismatched pillows and there was a big screen TV surrounded by shelves and a blue sitting chair in front of us. We saw Andrea and Scott milling around then TAYLOR SWIFT WALKS AROUND THE CORNER GOING “Hey guys!” in this cute white crop top turtle neck and pale yellow tartan skirt. She looked flawless with her hair curled and red lips and perfect eyeliner you know the drill.

She sat down and told us that we were at what is called a 1989 Secret Session in which we were going to hear the entire album together. WE FREAKED. Basically the while her security team got the scramblers working (noise jumbling equipment so there’s no leaks - Taylor commented “Look how paranoid we all are” jokingly) and she asked us not to mention any of the song lyrics afterwards. So they FINALLY got the equipment working (during which we talked to her about how AWESOME her iheart radio performance was - she commented that she felt like she looked like an eight year olds keychain in her outfit) and Taylor plugged her iPhone in (which was covered in a bunch of new cat stickers) and got everything started by telling us the stories of each song then playing it (all while singing along and dancing and making weird faces and STARING AT ME AND SMILING AND GIGGLING AND MAKING ME MELT).

After we heard about half the songs we had a bathroom break and I saw her staircase and hallway and she had tons of the Charleston photo blog photos up and they were all in cute frames and some we haven’t seen. There were pics of her and Selena, he and James Taylor, a lot of her and Ashley and Claire Winter, her and Jamie King and Ed from the oscar’s photo booth. There was even a picture of her and Ethel. I saw her chalkboard that she posted on instagram. There was a piano room blocked off by a bunch of guitar cases. Anyways I was waiting in line for the bathroom in the picture hallway when she popped out of her bedroom and started talking to us. She told us that she isn’t very good a hanging pictures and then opened her bedroom door to let us see in and showed us a banner of old triangle flags Ella (Lorde) gave her and she sewed them to a ribbon and said “I love a good banner” which is true considering she had them over many doorways, another was paper flowers and one said ‘love’. I also overheard Mama Swift telling fans that Meredith (who I did not see because we scared her away with our cheering) always wants attention but does not want to be touched which was interesting to me. Anyways I peeked into her desk (?) room and dining room and there was a shelf area that had a bunch of wonderstruck boxes. Then in the bathroom (which is under the stairs like Harry Potter’s room) and it was wallpapered in this yellow floral wallpaper all over which was a strange feeling being surrounded like that and there was a rose candle in there.  

We went back to the living room and I sat in a different spot on the floor and she went on to play more songs and sing along and dance with those. She stared right at me during one song because I sang along to the line that was in the Rolling Stone article. She also locked eyes with me a bunch and sang with me and I love her. During one of the songs a few girls in front of her were crying because they were going through things that the song covered and she hugged them. Overall it was so cute and fun.

After we were done Tree came in and told us that we were restricted to not mentioning song titles because hackers would get to them easier (?) I don’t know but that is why the song title under here are not mentioned. Ok so after we were given these instructions we were ushered outside and she came out with Olivia and a few AMA’s and her Grammy for Best Country Song for Mean. We started taking polaroids of groups and then Andrea stepped in and said we should take individuals because there is only one polaroid and five people per group. So we started taking individual pictures and when it was my turn she was busy talking to Olivia (because Olivia aka Dibbles was excited because she doesn’t get to go outside often because vultures) and then she turned to me (I was holding one of her many AMA’s) and said “Hey!” all cute like and then I asked her if she could hug me in the picture and she was like “AWWW!!” and leaned down to be on my level (because I’m hella short like 5’1 barely) and she put her arm around my neck and was holding Olivia and she smiled all cute like and I was having my every dream come true. After I told her “This is everything!” and she laughed so cute and turned serious and said very sincerely “Thank you for coming, it means so much to me.” and this is important because I didn’t hear her say that to everyone. I was given my picture and was ushered around the side of the house and was given a bag of merch (!!!!) that had 3 shirts with all different sizes so we traded them around to get our sizes and there were also calendars and a special (EXCLUSIVE) keychain that has the 1989 album cover on one side and the date and location and event engraved on the other side. All of this was in a giant tote bag that had the album cover on it.

And without further ado, here is what I remember about each song (not in the order we listened to them because I am dumb and can’t remember every song in order) and I can talk concepts of each song but I can’t mention lyrics or titles.

Songs:

Song #1 - about her moving to new york (state of grace-y in the way it’s a definite opening song and at one point during the song in a beat she said “Confetti” which I think means this is possibly a tour opener song)

Song #2 - written from the point of view of the media’s perception of taylor (in that she is a clingy, needy, toxic person) very sassy attitude in this song

Song #3 - she showed us this song as a voice memo and it was hilarious and showcases her vocal talent tremendously, then she played it and it has a really interesting metaphor (co-written by Ryan Tedder)

Song #4 - I LOVE THIS SONG and is the fatalist view of love taylor has now although it isn’t as perverse as Rolling Stone made it sound but it kinda sad

Song #5 - about how a guy broke up with his girlfriend because he is afraid of how in love he is and he wants to experience the world and date around but then he realizes what he lost and came back for it six months too late; also she said her friends’ boyfriends come and ask her fro help when they do this kind of thing, and she says to follow the steps of this song

Song #6 - this is the oldest song on the record and is co-produced I believe with Nathan Chapman, and is about how she was kinda with someone who wasn’t ready so they split up but they ended up back together but she realized the song has a greater message and she played it along with a mash up video of all these different times when soldiers came home and surprised their families and I BAWLED MY EYES OUT IT HURT MY FEELINGS).

Song #7 - co-written with Imogen Heap (written when she was in London for the Red Tour and she went to her house which is two hours outside of London and is a single castle turret in the middle of this town with lots of horses and small town) and anyways it is about when she was in London and realized her ex was also there but she didn’t feel the usual sense of uneasiness and instead she felt fine and this is what this song is about

Song #8 - A song mentioned in Rolling Stone, so I won’t go into it much but I adore this song!!!!

Song #9 - song with Jack Antonoff, and it’s quite repeat-y but it’s definitely fun and I love it at lot.

Song #10 - y’all know about this song already (but she did mention that this “person” was constantly mean to her all the time even though she respected her a lot and a fan said “You’re better than her Taylor” and Taylor said “Thanks man” all smug).

Song #11 - about a relationship that ended but then Taylor had a dream in which he came to her door and every time she opened her mouth to yell at him all that came out was “STAY” in a high pitched voice

Song #12- about a certain ex who moved right down the street, and after they were on more friendly terms he told her that it was strange for him to drive to his house because he used to turn up her driveway and she wrote this like as a song when two people are thinking about each other and aren’t speaking

We didn’t listen to Shake it Off which is strange because why pass up the chance to have a sing-a-long dance party (???) and it was the best day of my entire existence and I am blogging from my grave goodbye and goodnight (feel free to ask me any questions).