Holly

OPENING TITLES FOR AHS FREAKSHOW RELEASED AND ARE CREEPY AS ALL HELL. MY GOD. BEST ONES YET.

The main titles tend not to relate much to the content of the season, so I wouldn't put too much stock in this, but the visual effects are pretty cool. I still think the Coven and Asylum titles were better, but this one will probably grow on me. moo1

The main titles tend not to relate much to the content of the season, so I wouldn't put too much stock in this, but the visual effects are pretty cool. I still think the Coven and Asylum titles were better, but this one will probably grow on me. moo1

There were some hints - I mean, Ryan even said "By the time you see the ninth episode of this season [Coven], every image in that title sequence will be explained". He lied because no explanation for the winged demon thing in the forest but still, the wording pertained to the seven wonders and the roles of the characters somewhat. Lily Rabe's name "burning up", Emma Robert's words around her name was to do with rituals meeting with the devil (which she went through) etc etc.

There were some hints in Asylum too, I can't remember about Murder House. But you're right that there are always extra things thrown in that don't connect with the rest so we shouldn't be taking things too literally.

If you're on /r/AmericanHorrorStory they figured that Lange's character is a hermaphrodite (https://i.imgur.com/eJ5J83R.jpg) based on all the three legged teasers (and hammered home by this opening sequence where there's a naked person with three legs and the middle is bent very phallic-like). If true this will be very interesting. Perhaps not necessarily a hermaphrodite, could be a transsexual/transvestite also.

If it's true I love it because I want to see Jessica tested like she was in Coven, and not just given a basic HBIC role again.

Coven's opening sequence >>>

This wasn't even scary, and the creepiest thing really was the two headed lady who was feeling herself while making out with... herself. But I guess that's how you'd do it if you were... that way inclined.

Excited though  antm1

They always put hints to the plot in the title sequence which I love. For example in Coven, they revealed that Cordelia would be the new supreme with the drawing of the Lady of the Seven Wonders that appeared over her name.

The only one I can pick out is the skeletons having sex over Emma's name. I remember seeing in one of the teasers Evan is making out with a mystery woman. The teasers also mention that Emma's character Maggie is going to visit the Freakshow and get involved in something, so I think she ends up in a relationship with him and perahps dies over it.

interesting1

Looks amazing although it's not really scary tina1

Coven's opening sequence >>>

This wasn't even scary, and the creepiest thing really was the two headed lady who was feeling herself while making out with... herself. But I guess that's how you'd do it if you were... that way inclined.

Excited though  antm1

Horror doesn't just mean "scary", it also means creepy, kooky, shocking, disgusting etc. Something can be horrifying without trying to scare you.

They always put hints to the plot in the title sequence which I love. For example in Coven, they revealed that Cordelia would be the new supreme with the drawing of the Lady of the Seven Wonders that appeared over her name.

The only one I can pick out is the skeletons having sex over Emma's name. I remember seeing in one of the teasers Evan is making out with a mystery woman. The teasers also mention that Emma's character Maggie is going to visit the Freakshow and get involved in something, so I think she ends up in a relationship with him and perahps dies over it.

interesting1

Yasss the openings are always so smart with the foreshadowing. I'm picking up a lot of sexual imagery with the naked three legged person with the middle leg bent to look like a dick, the phallic looking balloon, the skeletons having sex, etc etc. It's definitely.. disturbing sexuality.

Horror doesn't just mean "scary", it also means creepy, kooky, shocking, disgusting etc. Something can be horrifying without trying to scare you.

Not quite. "Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears."

But anyway I wasn't saying it had to be scary at all, I just loved the chills I got every time I watched the opening sequence of Coven. xtina11

Not quite. "Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears."

But anyway I wasn't saying it had to be scary at all, I just loved the chills I got every time I watched the opening sequence of Coven. xtina11

You're talking about the film genre, I'm talking about the concept of horror itself. Horror CAN be scary, but it doesn't have to be. The action film genre has a different perspective on the meaning than the literal definition of "action" too.

horror
ˈhɒrə/
noun

1. 1.
    an intense feeling of fear, shock, or disgust.