SeekingThrill

9 Dumb Katy Perry Quotes

9 Dumb Katy Perry Quotes That Prove She’s Right About Having Left School Too Early

Here’s a thing that I didn’t know before today: Katy Perry dropped out of school in her freshman year of high school and now regrets doing so. And not to be a total jerk, but that sentence right there explains to me so many things. Because homegirl is not smart. But, just like we can’t expect flawless reading skills from a person who only attends school for a few hours a day, we can’t exactly expect stone-cold genius from a person who stopped going to school altogether.

According to an interview that Katy did with Yahoo!, she wishes that she’d spent more QT in the classroom when she was younger.

That is indeed correct, Katy. Being smarter overall is one of the ways that you could avoid being made fun of by everyone each time that you open your mouth.

“I’m kind of bummed at this stage that I didn’t have a great education because I could really use that these days.”

Katy continues, citing her parents’ constant moving as the reason that she missed a lot of school before she had even formally dropped out.

That sucks big time, no snark intended. And although Katy says that she’s “learned to educate [herself] at this stage” and is “still very thirsty for information,” it’s pretttty clear by the inane quotes that she’s always giving that she’s 100% correct about having left school too early. I hope that she knows that it’s never too late to go back and learn some stuff.

“I was being pulled out of school even in the middle of school and sometimes being home-schooled. Sometimes we were sent to these really half-Christian, half-education, I-don’t-know-what-they-were schools.”

1. On her private thoughts becoming public:

Katy-Perry-Talking.gif

“I wasn’t stereotyping anyone in particular, I was talking about ex-boyfriend. All these songs are very personal, they’re straight out of a “dear diary” situation…[but] my Anne Frank is now being exposed to the world.” - TheNewGay.net

Are you SURE that you’d like to compare your voluntary release of pop music to any of the number of struggles faced by Anne Frank? Are we positive that that has never gone badly ever before?

2. On feminism:

Katy-Perry-Silly-Face.gif

“I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women.” – to Billboard Magazine

Please, feel free not to continue.

3. On racism and cultural appropriation:

Katy-Perry-Cross-Eyes.gif

“I guess I’ll just stick to baseball and hot dogs, and that’s it. I know that’s a quote that’s gonna come to fuck me in the ass, but can’t you appreciate a culture? I guess, like, everybody has to stay in their lane? I don’t know.” – to Rolling Stone

This one feels like she just shrugged her shoulders and said, “Alright already, I know I am an idiot!”

4. On her “type” of guy:

Katy-Perry-Confused.gif

“I guess I happen to be attracted to high-frequency men.” – to Cosmopolitan

5. On Japanese people:

Katy-Perry-Nodding.gif

“I am obsessed with Japanese people. I love everything about them and they are so wonderful as human beings… [Like,] ‘I’m so obsessed, I want to skin you and wear you like Versace.’” – to Jimmy Kimmel

NO. No, Katy, you do not… that is not… you just cannot. What?!? I am speechless.

6. On feminism (again):

Katy-Perry-Smile.gif

“I used to not really understand what that word meant but now that I do, it just means that I love myself as a female and I also love men. I am woman… Hear me roar!” – on The Today Show

I am afraid that Katy will never understand the definition of feminism. icon_sad.gif

7. On nudity in pop culture:

Katy-Perry-Lip-Bite.gif

“It’s such a strange world. Like females in pop — everybody’s getting naked. I mean, I’ve been naked before but I don’t feel like I have to always get naked to be noticed.” – to NPR

Ahh, the great and wholesome Katy Perry who is always covered from neck-to-toe and never sells sex.

8. On the no-makeup photo of her that Russell Brand tweeted:

Katy-Perry-Serious.gif

“I wasn’t pissed. I mean, I can’t be a full tranny every day of the week. That’s an exaggerated part of my personality. It’s me hamming it up. The exterior me is a little bit more smiley than the interior me. So, that picture, it just shows that I’m a normal, everyday woman who has really big dreams. It gives encouragement to any girls out there that they, too, can be a larger-than-life cartoon.” – to Rolling Stone

Did you cringe to death reading that, and are now reading this from the afterlife? Because that’s where I’m writing this from.

9. On aliens:

Katy-Perry-Sticks-Out-Tongue.gif

(via)

“Oh my God, when [the show] talks about the sky people , how everyone comes from the sky and how the Pyramids were used for star observations, it’s too much for me. It all seems to connect the dots. It’s blowing my mind.” – to Rolling Stone

Sweet, simple Katy.

Source: http://www.crushable.com/2014/08/11/entertainment/katy-perry-dropped-out-of-school-education-dumb-quotes/

“I am obsessed with Japanese people. I love everything about them and they are so wonderful as human beings… [Like,] ‘I’m so obsessed, I want to skin you and wear you like Versace.’”

I love her for this fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

“I wasn’t stereotyping anyone in particular, I was talking about ex-boyfriend. All these songs are very personal, they’re straight out of a “dear diary” situation…[but] my Anne Frank is now being exposed to the world.”

This is how I learned about Ann Frank whit1 Queen not only making history but teaching it since day 1 whit1

I'd love to be enlightened by a Taylor Swift quote. Like "whatever" or something.

On feminism

“As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means. For so long it’s been made to seem like something where you’d picket against the opposite sex, whereas it’s not about that at all. Becoming friends with Lena – without her preaching to me, but just seeing why she believes what she believes, why she says what she says, why she stands for what she stands for – has made me realize that I’ve been taking afeminist stance without actually saying so.”

On album sales:

In mentioning album sales, I'd like to point out that people are still buying albums, but now they're buying just a few of them. They are buying only the ones that hit them like an arrow through the heart or have made them feel strong or allowed them to feel like they really aren't alone in feeling so alone. It isn't as easy today as it was 20 years ago to have a multiplatinum-selling album, and as artists, that should challenge and motivate us.

There are always going to be those artists who break through on an emotional level and end up in people's lives forever. The way I see it, fans view music the way they view their relationships. Some music is just for fun, a passing fling (the ones they dance to at clubs and parties for a month while the song is a huge radio hit, that they will soon forget they ever danced to). Some songs and albums represent seasons of our lives, like relationships that we hold dear in our memories but had their time and place in the past.

On the future of music

Music is art, and art is important and rare. Important, rare things are valuable. Valuable things should be paid for. It's my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album's price point is. I hope they don't underestimate themselves or undervalue their art.

The OCEAN of difference between a Katy quote and a Taylor one is very telling.

i1pg3yyutHt6G.gif

Not to mention Taylor is 6 years younger than Katy

i1pg3yyutHt6G.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.