Cloud-Ninetales

'Blank Space' Goes #1 on Hot 100, Making Billboard History

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6320061/taylor-swift-blank-space-hot-100

Taylor Swift makes history on the Billboard Hot 100, where her single "Blank Space" blasts from No. 13 to No. 1. As the song dethrones her prior smash, "Shake It Off," after four weeks atop the chart, Swift becomes the first woman in the Hot 100's 56-year history to succeed herself at the top spot.

"Space," released on Big Machine Records and promoted to radio by Republic Records, takes over at No. 1 following the Nov. 10 release of its official video.

With her coronation, Swift tallies her third Hot 100 No. 1, following "Shake" (which falls to No. 3) and 2012's three-week leader "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."

Swift is, amazingly, the first woman in the Hot 100's history to succeed herself at No. 1. She's just the 10th act to do so overall, following the Beatles, who scored three toppers in a row ("I Want to Hold Your Hand," "She Loves You" and "Can't Buy Me Love") in 1964; Boyz II Men (1994); Puff Daddy (as he was then billed) (1997); Ja Rule (2002); Nelly (2002); OutKast (2004); Usher (2004); T.I. (2008); and the Black Eyed Peas (2009). (Puff Daddy and Ja Rule each doubled up thanks to a lead and featured role.)

Thanks to "Shake" and "Space," Swift is the only artist with two Hot 100 No. 1s this year.

First woman in Billboard's history to succeed herself at #1. You go, girl.   cry0