The Last Of Us

Eight children found stabbed to death in Cairns -Australia

A 20-year-old man found eight young members of his family stabbed to death in a horrific scene in a house in Cairns.

sheet.png

Police confirmed eight children aged between 18 months and 15 years were stabbed to death early on Friday.

Emergency services were called to the Murray Street residence in Manoora at around 11:20am following reports of a woman with serious injuries.

The 34-year-old woman's cousin, Lisa Thaiday, told AAP at the scene the children were all related.

The woman was their mother, she said.

Ms Thaiday said another sibling, a 20-year-old man, arrived home to find his brothers and sisters and other members of his family dead inside the house.

He is now being comforted by other family members.

"I'm going to see him now, he needs comforting," Ms Thaiday said.

She described the family and extended relatives as close-knit.

"We're a big family and most of us are from the (Torres) Strait," she said.

"I just can't believe it. We just found out (about) those poor babies."

It is believed the 34-year-old woman received multiple stab wounds to the top of her body.

She is assisting police with their investigations.

Her condition is unknown.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott described the news out of Cairns as heartbreaking.

source:https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/25819990/stabbing-tragedy-in-cairns/

so a ''muslim'' ''terrorist'' held 17 ADULTS at a cafe and 2 people were killed BY THE POLICE , and the whole country stood up and paid a tribute. but a mass murder of 8 children at a house is being paid dust in the country. the media shows its true colours once again 

The situation isn't being paid dust, it's definitely been in the news and online, it's very sad news.

There's a huge difference between how an ongoing hostage situation and an already-complete murder is treated in the media, it always will be that way because the former is all about the ongoing tension and not knowing what will happen next, constant updates, the fear, the anticipation, seeing the event actually unfold. The murder is done, and it's absolutely terrible and heartbreaking, but it's done, and would never get anywhere near the same media attention as something like a random hostile takeover right outside the news station and in the middle of the CBD, the likes of which the country hasn't seen in 30 years. 

They're both absolutely news-worthy and worth giving attention and sympathy to, but unfortunately the media is a business that thrives off human nature, and human nature cares more when things are still happening/about to happen.

The situation isn't being paid dust, it's definitely been in the news and online, it's very sad news.

There's a huge difference between how an ongoing hostage situation and an already-complete murder is treated in the media, it always will be that way because the former is all about the ongoing tension and not knowing what will happen next, constant updates, the fear, the anticipation, seeing the event actually unfold. The murder is done, and it's absolutely terrible and heartbreaking, but it's done, and would never get anywhere near the same media attention as something like a random hostile takeover right outside the news station and in the middle of the CBD, the likes of which the country hasn't seen in 30 years. 

They're both absolutely news-worthy and worth giving attention and sympathy to, but unfortunately the media is a business that thrives off human nature, and human nature cares more when things are still happening/about to happen.

th fact that the police actually started the attack on that mentally ill criminal who was let off by the most watched list in 2009 is alarming. 

i do not understand how a man with 50 sexual charges can be let go and still holds his gun license and walk around the streets without being under arrest. im really sorry , i just don't buy this whole situation and call me fucking crazy but i do believe he was removed by the biggest security company in Australia on purpose and that was exactly what Tony abbot even stated. there's a certain connection that is being made directly towards iran,islam and aura arounds that. i remember coming across a quote in my politics lecture last year where President Roosevelt stated something along these lines ...'' whatever event happens in the politics field or is related politically you can bet your life it is is planned and structured'' and this is just aims towards that. if you're vigilant and enlightened enough , you'd look more into it. this may serve a bigger intention and agenda.

what im aiming at , is that a mass murder of eight children is much more alarming than a mentally ill patient whos a ''muslim''  going off with a stupid flag , the situation could have been handled much better than what it resulted.i have been watching the news all day , not a single mention except in the late news.  

th fact that the police actually started the attack on that mentally ill criminal who was let off by the most watched list in 2009 is alarming. 

i do not understand how a man with 50 sexual charges can be let go and still holds his gun license and walk around the streets without being under arrest. im really sorry , i just don't buy this whole situation and call me fucking crazy but i do believe he was removed by the biggest security company in Australia on purpose and that was exactly what Tony abbot even stated. there's a certain connection that is being made directly towards iran,islam and aura arounds that. i remember coming across a quote in my politics lecture last year where President Roosevelt stated something along these lines ...'' whatever event happens in the politics field or is related politically you can bet your life it is is planned and structured'' and this is just aims towards that. if you're vigilant and enlightened enough , you'd look more into it. this may serve a bigger intention and agenda.

what im aiming at , is that a mass murder of eight children is much more alarming than a mentally ill patient whos a ''muslim''  going off with a stupid flag , the situation could have been handled much better than what it resulted.i have been watching the news all day , not a single mention except in the late news.  

I agree that the situation about how a man with so many prior offences could have gotten "loose" enough to commit that act is really interesting and deserves investigation; reading essays he's written are really fascinating to me personally because he keeps emphasising the "peace" he's aiming for and what good Islam is etc and he's very anti-terrorism (provided that these are actually legitimate essays from him from his website): 

http://web.archive.org/web/20141214035027/http://www.sheikhharon.com/sheikh-haron-october2014_redacted.pdf

While it could have gone better, it also could have gone a hell of a lot worse - I was impressed with how long violence was delayed.