ParentalAdvisory

HDD: We’ve never seen a pre-order go live this early, nor can we think of a previous instance of this many instant-grat tracks appearing simultaneousl

DOWNLOAD THIS: Here’s a pre-Christmas sales snapshot nobody anticipated. Last week we saw the surprise release of D’Angelo’s RCA album; on Friday we saw something new—an unpremeditated surprise pre-order. Reacting to the leak of six tracks from Madonna’s upcoming Rebel Heart, Maverick and Interscope decided to make all six available as instant-grat and a la carte offerings (see item below). We’ve never seen a pre-order go live this early, nor can we think of a previous instance of this many instant-grat tracks appearing simultaneously. Some albums eventually get to six tracks prior to release, but they typically go up one at a time. By our math, Interscope just scored $7.74 per pre-order in billing? this year on an album that’s not out till 3/10, brightening the label’s P&L at the very last minute. This is the first case in memory (our memory, at least) of a label making such a big score in this way. And speaking of getting hot late, RCA presently has four albums on the big board: a pair from Pentatonix, D’Angelo and the Annie ST. (12/22a)

I'm so glad she didn't do a full Beyonce. The comparisons would have been endless and ultimately detrimental. This is a different spin on it, and if it goes the way we think it will (a handful of tracks at a time before the release date), she will have once again done something new and innovative oprah1

I'm so glad she didn't do a full Beyonce. The comparisons would have been endless and ultimately detrimental. This is a different spin on it, and if it goes the way we think it will (a handful of tracks at a time before the release date), she will have once again done something new and innovative oprah1

OMG

SLAY

THAT 

NEW

SET

cry1

great set ny1

And yes i think it will be 3 part release cry0

Genius idea tbh