Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    4
  • comments
    61
  • views
    244

#JOELosophy #1: Is English not the language for me?

Sign in to follow this  

253 views

I often think about random questions that I try to resolve but most of the time I end up on Wikipedia moo12 

Todays’s question: 

 

Is there a language(s) that are better suited for me out there than my mother tongue? (English)

 

We are In no control in the beginning of our lives. We don’t get to choose where, when or pretty much if we decide to exist. We are also not in control the language we are born into. 

 

When people immigrant to America and adapt American culture (or even do so in their homeland) they do so because of personal preference

So my question is if there is another language out there that is better suited for me? Maybe my mind would prefer a language that has a different sentence structure. Maybe my body prefers the physical feeling that my mouth, vocal chords and lips feel in another language. Maybe my ears prefer the sounds of a language with a different use of vowels. moo12 

I have wondered this for some time and have narrowed it down to either one of the Baltics ( Lithuanian or Latvian),  Basque, Berber, or Hebrew. moo12 

 

But then another question arises, would I have preferred a language that is now dead or extinct, or the archaic version of a language ? moo12 

 

let me stop before I get a headache moo12 

 

do you think there is a better language out there for you? 

 

Sign in to follow this  


10 Comments


Recommended Comments

I think with English I can express myself easier. moo12 And I feel more comfortable when I communicate in English, I don't know why. moo12

I also started learning French, Italian and Spanish with Duolingo the last months. I really love the French language.

OJccDYv.gif

I think I can create a class in the site tbh. From the next month I'm gonna teach y'all French, be ready.

OJccDYv.gif

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

I think with English I can express myself easier. moo12 And I feel more comfortable when I communicate in English, I don't know why. moo12

I also started learning French, Italian and Spanish with Duolingo the last months. I really love the French language.

OJccDYv.gif

I think I can create a class in the site tbh. From the next month I'm gonna teach y'all French, be ready.

OJccDYv.gif

Let me get my croissants ready jj2 

Share this comment


Link to comment

yes let's speak the language of love 

OJccDYv.gif

jk English isn't my mother tongue but I picked it up quick, skipped kindergarten and 1st grade because of it. I understand and speak better in English than any of the other languages i know and actually prefer it 24/7 so I totally believe that your mind and body can align itself to a certain way of speaking and thinking. My thoughts are definitely always in English. Do some research Joel maybe you'll come across something that sounds habitual to your ears and the way you speak!

Share this comment


Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Sylk said:

yes let's speak the language of love 

OJccDYv.gif

jk English isn't my mother tongue but I picked it up quick, skipped kindergarten and 1st grade because of it. I understand and speak better in English than any of the other languages i know and actually prefer it 24/7 so I totally believe that your mind and body can align itself to a certain way of speaking and thinking. My thoughts are definitely always in English. Do some research Joel maybe you'll come across something that sounds habitual to your ears and the way you speak!

Wow you snapped with that global English career quadrlingual king yas2 

Share this comment


Link to comment

my mother tongue is spanish. i started learning english when i was around 13ish when i joined a glee ( rip4 ) forum. even though i had some basic level due to being a fast learner and my mom exposing me to american music, bitch i STRUGGLED. i remember somebody once said "where were we" and i had to sit for a whole ass minute trying to make that sentence make sense in my head skksks. i'm way more comfortable expressing myself in spanish and sometimes portuguese than english, imo you can only replace your native tongue by completely submerging yourself into the culture and the society of the new language or moving somewhere where your language isn't spoken and being forced to not practice it if you don't put effort into it, which isn't an option if you go for extinct languages skkssks.

anyway no im pretty comfortable in my spanish w a bit of portuguese bubble, english is perfect for kikiin tho the british gays snapped when they created it

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Tomás said:

my mother tongue is spanish. i started learning english when i was around 13ish when i joined a glee ( rip4 ) forum. even though i had some basic level due to being a fast learner and my mom exposing me to american music, bitch i STRUGGLED. i remember somebody once said "where were we" and i had to sit for a whole ass minute trying to make that sentence make sense in my head skksks. i'm way more comfortable expressing myself in spanish and sometimes portuguese than english, imo you can only replace your native tongue by completely submerging yourself into the culture and the society of the new language or moving somewhere where your language isn't spoken and being forced to not practice it if you don't put effort into it, which isn't an option if you go for extinct languages skkssks.

anyway no im pretty comfortable in my spanish w a bit of portuguese bubble, english is perfect for kikiin tho the british gays snapped when they created it

Wow sis you could have fooled me with those drags of urs that make me scream in bgs, the where is her Fotp account is a moment and I’m still in tears rip3 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Joel said:

Wow sis you could have fooled me with those drags of urs that make me scream in bgs, the where is her Fotp account is a moment and I’m still in tears rip3 

imagine what i could come up w in spanish sis

giphy.webp

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×