Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    23
  • comments
    405
  • views
    4,832

Kings Of Suburbia Super Deluxe Edition

2,505 views

10405658_10204377359261525_211043000821210628206_10204377359381528_167318381036710352083_10204377359501531_2352607988514

Tokio Hotel 
Kings Of Suburbia 
Super Deluxe [Limited] Edition

I want to share the story with you guys of what a pain in the *** it was to get myself this beautiful edition! 

It was September 2014 and I was stressing out because it was really hard to get one of those limited copies of beautiful boxes! And as a die-hard Tokio Hotel, and them being my #1 and all, I just simply had to have it! The first meltdown I had was when they were only available through the German Amazon, which said they wouldn't ship outside of Germany. That was freak out nr.1..
Then later on they were SOLD OUT!! scream1scream1 that was meltdown #1..
Luckily the band notified us, not to worry too much and that they would be in stock again, after a couple of days. (I should mention I'm talking about pre-orders, as it was still September, and the album was to be released October 3rd.)

With some use of google I found out they were also selling them at the Amazon of UK & France. UK was being a total rip-off almost asking DOUBLE of the price, so that was a nnnnn. Then I looked over at the French one and it was the normal price, and they DID ship to whole Europe. Only problem was, they only accepted creditcards as payment methods. And of course I don't have one. So, with a lot of searching and blood, sweat and tears, I found out about a prepaid credit card. No problem, so I did that, bought a 'digital' prepaid cc, pre-ordered the box at the French Amazon at September 8th, and I was confinced, I would get my copy, and I could happily start to count down the days, waiting for its arrival. 

But NOOO! Just a bit longer than 1 week left for its arrival, I got an e-mail of the French Amazon, saying that they misscalculated how many copies they would receive, and for that reason they had to cancel some of the most recent pre-orders. cry1cry1cry4 
My heart sank to my chest and I was nearly ripping my hair out!!
As some die hard stans may understand I was searching far and wide now, to still be able to get a copy....
FINALLY, like a week before it's arrival, one of my favorite webshops of Holland (where I actually always buy CD's Books etc) put this edition up for pre-order.. but I remembered from a couple years ago, they also had another deluxe thing from Tokio Hotel, and I remembered it being cancelled, but I ordered it anyway, but went on with my search, just to be sure...
I found another webshop located in Holland, who's well known for selling alternative artists, not Hot 100 artists etc. And they said also to receive this copy, BUT!! There was a catch, they told me only to order the thing, AFTER I ordered it.. I did it anyway, had nothing to lose. Still feeling uncertain about them actually being able to receive one of those editions (remembering the e-mail from French Amazon..) I still went on with my search. 
And then, one day before it's release, it was October 2nd 2014, I found a webshop from France that showed the exact amount of how many copies they had etc. I remembered, I still had that prepaid credit card thing, that was already paid for. So, as a complete safety-net and also as some kind of last resort, I ordered one from them too.

With an uncertain, uneasy feeling, I went to sleep that night, wondering what would happen the next morning.

It was October 3rd 2014, I was already up, early, not able to sleep anymore.

Early in the morning, checking my e-mail..... it had e-mails from all those places, telling me they all had BEEN SHIPPED! 
I was home alone and I felt like doing a victory dance through the living room! brit13 

At 10 o'clock the doorbell rang "I have a package for you, m'am." legend1 
The doorbell rang three times that morning, giving me three boxes to open. cry1 
So that's where the pictures come from shown above, and that explains why on the middle picture you can see three of the boxes.
All and all, I felt so blessed, because one of the boxes was damaged! The Vinyl sleeve was damaged, and inside the book a couple of pages were ripped! shock1 
Would that have been the only copy I could've gotten my hands on.... brit5 
So, 1 got send back, a in-perfect-condition 1 I kept myself, and another one that was also mint condition, I sold to another fan, who also was unable to get one herself.

And that's the story of how I got one of the most precious Stan Merchandise I own. :D 

tumblr_nde36yVI4L1qc1sb1o8_r1_500.giftumblr_nde36yVI4L1qc1sb1o4_500.gif
The Box Contains:

Kings Of Suburbia Album (Deluxe Edition 15 tr.)
Demo track tape (Devilish previous band name when they JUST started making music)
VINYLS (filled with all the Deluxe version tracks)
A Book with beautiful pictures of KOS Photoshoot

And here's a video of my babe opening one of those boxes. katy3 not one of mine, sadly. lol1 

 

(song playing: Love Who Loves You Back)

 

 



46 Comments


Recommended Comments



It must had been an stressful experience fall4

But totally worth it!! yas2 It looks so good yas1

The Devilish track tape looks interesting wendy1 And the book is fergalicious yas1

A true Tokio Hotel stan clap2http://orig13.deviantart.net/cd36/f/2014/042/3/c/heart___free_by_kawiku-d760ry0.gif

Share this comment


Link to comment
Quote

So, with a lot of searching and blood, sweat and tears

You want the Kings of Suburbia Super deluxe edition? 

you better work bitch sass1 

wendy1wendy1 

 

jokes aside I'm so happy you got them sis alex1 

And I am sorry you had to go through all those meltdowns cry1 

And you betta get your refund from that tore paged one clap1clap1 

It looks so flawless cry1cry1 

 I might get one myself cause I'm slowly turning into an Alien rav1  

Spoiler

if they're in stock and I have cash that is ofcourse wendy1wendy1 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
11 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

It must had been an stressful experience fall4

But totally worth it!! yas2 It looks so good yas1

The Devilish track tape looks interesting wendy1 And the book is fergalicious yas1

A true Tokio Hotel stan clap2http://orig13.deviantart.net/cd36/f/2014/042/3/c/heart___free_by_kawiku-d760ry0.gif

I know, what was in the box was sooo worth it! brit13 Yes, the Book was actually the main reason why I simply had to have the whole thing. lol1 

Yes, if you would like to see some more pictures of the books I can make some, so let me know. ;) 

11 hours ago, Sylkmonster said:

You want the Kings of Suburbia Super deluxe edition? 

you better work bitch sass1 

wendy1wendy1 

 

jokes aside I'm so happy you got them sis alex1 

And I am sorry you had to go through all those meltdowns cry1 

And you betta get your refund from that tore paged one clap1clap1 

It looks so flawless cry1cry1 

 I might get one myself cause I'm slowly turning into an Alien rav1  

  Reveal hidden contents

if they're in stock and I have cash that is ofcourse wendy1wendy1 

 

HAHAHAHHAHA x'D Thank you. And yes, they gave me a refund back then, I just felt bad, because I'm sure they couldn't sell that Box to anybody with torn pages like that. scream1 and it was even quite big, not a small torn or something, it was definitely 5 inches big at least!! 

Yes, it is flawless. brit11 and I'm soooo HAPPY you're turning into an Alien. clap2 

And I'm not sure.. I believe there are still some Boxes on eBay but those are WAAAAY overpriced. Aliens are really fanatic and they were sold-out before they were even released, but I guess some people bought them simple to re-sell them for extremely high prices, because they know Aliens want to get them anyway ew2 I really dislike those people...

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, Queen Of Suburbia said:

And I'm not sure.. I believe there are still some Boxes on eBay but those are WAAAAY overpriced. Aliens are really fanatic and they were sold-out before they were even released, but I guess some people bought them simple to re-sell them for extremely high prices, because they know Aliens want to get them anyway

omg I hate those people, so much tbh cry8 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Omfg @ your struggles to get your merchandise scream1 I would have been pissed, if after all that effort, to be receiving a damaged product rip2 

Your username makes perfect sense now btw shock1 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Sylkmonster said:

omg I hate those people, so much tbh cry8 

I know, me too. But they're probably just money-people, and they don't understand what it's like to be a Stan. sass1 

16 minutes ago, Kali said:

Omfg @ your struggles to get your merchandise scream1 I would have been pissed, if after all that effort, to be receiving a damaged product rip2 

Your username makes perfect sense now btw shock1 

 

I'm glad my struggles got paid off. eve1 Yes, I know! That's why I was glad I received 3 of them at the same time, had I gone through all that trouble just to get the only damaged one.......... dead2fall1 But all ended well luckily. lol1 

Hhahaha, thought people would understand my username more after this indeed. ny1 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Soo, I did this thing yesterday, and I wanted to share it with you guys. ny1 

Before Christmas in 2014 I ordered some limited signed Tokio Hotel Posters and until now, they were reserved in their packaging, because I couldn't find a right place to put them and I didn't have money for frames. Now, the thing is, my mom went shopping Saturday and she found super cheap frames so she bought them for me! katy3 
I am sooo happy I can finally display them in all their glory! legend1 Here they are;

12798825_10208028646141415_2283578395247

I hate the bad lighting though, but nothing I could do about that, if I would've shut my curtains it would've been too dark. dead2 

So the top of my bookshelves look like this now; katy3 
12814744_10208028645221392_3132839319088

12718058_10208028645661403_4592020503846

What do you guys think?? demi1 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Queen Of Suburbia said:

What do you guys think?? demi1 

It looks so good yas2 You're the real Queen of Suburbia now legend1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

It looks so good yas2 You're the real Queen of Suburbia now legend1

Well, thank you! lana1 

11352343_845768428853368_1959015417_n.jp

Share this comment


Link to comment
12 hours ago, Queen Of Suburbia said:

What do you guys think?? demi1 

OMG THEY LOOK AMAZING scream1 

I love your entire collection oprah1 

Share this comment


Link to comment
5 hours ago, Sylkmonster said:

OMG THEY LOOK AMAZING scream1 

I love your entire collection oprah1 

Thank you! lana1 I'm finally satisfied about how everything's displayed. brit11 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Bill Kaulitz said:

Do you have this thing too? @Laura

Omg loving your shrine of Tokio Hotel CDs! ny1

And yes I do luckily! brit13

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Laura said:

Omg loving your shrine of Tokio Hotel CDs! ny1

And yes I do luckily! brit13

I'm so glad you have one too! cry1 It was such a pain in the you-know-what to get one for me.. yas2 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Bill Kaulitz said:

I'm so glad you have one too! cry1 It was such a pain in the you-know-what to get one for me.. yas2 

I was lowkey scared I wouldn't get one too! I feel your pain yas2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Laura said:

I was lowkey scared I wouldn't get one too! I feel your pain yas2

Yes, exactly! Did you pre-order the Art Book too? jj2 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Bill Kaulitz said:

Yes, exactly! Did you pre-order the Art Book too? jj2 

Obvi! I'm excited kii

Btw I also really loved the merchandise they did for the KOS era, like the clothes are actually wearable jj2

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Laura said:

Obvi! I'm excited kii

Btw I also really loved the merchandise they did for the KOS era, like the clothes are actually wearable jj2

Yaaay! brit0 Me too! Too bad I don't have a vinyl player though. ny5 
And yes! I still regret I didn't get a "I felt it all" shirt! fall1fall1 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, Bill Kaulitz said:

Yaaay! brit0 Me too! Too bad I don't have a vinyl player though. ny5 
And yes! I still regret I didn't get a "I felt it all" shirt! fall1fall1 

I don't have one either, but I'm finally getting one for my birthday kii

I loved the shirt with the "Love Who Loves You Back" single cover, mostly because I love that cover so much, it's pretty clever eve1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Laura said:

I don't have one either, but I'm finally getting one for my birthday kii

I loved the shirt with the "Love Who Loves You Back" single cover, mostly because I love that cover so much, it's pretty clever eve1

Ahhhh, niceeeee!! :D Hahaha, when I first saw that cover, I thought to myself; Tom must've helped design that cover.. And I was right. kii 

I got this one btw;
B7KYgtRCQAAfpAo.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Bill Kaulitz said:

Ahhhh, niceeeee!! :D Hahaha, when I first saw that cover, I thought to myself; Tom must've helped design that cover.. And I was right. kii 

I got this one btw;
B7KYgtRCQAAfpAo.jpg

Yes that cover had Tom written all over it kii

 

That shirt is so nice omg! legend1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Yes that cover had Tom written all over it kii

 

That shirt is so nice omg! legend1

HAHAHHAH lmfao1 Totally!

It almost could've said "Zeig mir deine Pflaume" lol1 

Yes, I'm really glad I did get that one, the entire shop is empty now :( 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Bill Kaulitz said:

HAHAHHAH lmfao1 Totally!

It almost could've said "Zeig mir deine Pflaume" lol1 

Yes, I'm really glad I did get that one, the entire shop is empty now :( 

Oh my god haha! That's one of my favourite TH moments! Bless them kii

They should stock up again cry4

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Laura said:

Oh my god haha! That's one of my favourite TH moments! Bless them kii

They should stock up again cry4

They really should stock, because I actually wanted to get that pillow with the pic of Bill & Pumba. oprah1 
Yes, they have iconic one-liners.. "Jumbieeeee"

Share this comment


Link to comment

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×