Jump to content
  • entries
    47
  • comments
    281
  • views
    11,020

My favorite comic books


Dennis Reynolds

998 views

I'm taking the plunge and finally posting this jay1 

 

Specific story arcs/"graphic novels"/limited series:

 

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Earth X

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Volume I

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Volume II

Marvel Zombies

Ruins

Sandman

Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

The Ultimates

Watchmen

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

 

Series:

 

Superman (Post-Crisis, written by John Byrne/Marv Wolfman)

Ultimate X-Men (specifically when Mark Millar was writing it)

 

 

7 Comments


Recommended Comments

7 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

I've never read any of those, I should give them a shot sia1 

You might like Ruins, it's kind of a dark, slightly comedic take on the Marvel Universe, just Google "Ruins Marvel 1/2" and the whole thing is on imgur, it's really short too. Basically it observes what would happen if the origins of these characters occurred in a more realistic world, i.e. instead of becoming the Hulk when the gamma blast hit him, Bruce Banner just became a pulsating mass of tumors dead2 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

You might like Ruins, it's kind of a dark, slightly comedic take on the Marvel Universe, just Google "Ruins Marvel 1/2" and the whole thing is on imgur, it's really short too. Basically it observes what would happen if the origins of these characters occurred in a more realistic world, i.e. instead of becoming the Hulk when the gamma blast hit him, Bruce Banner just became a pulsating mass of tumors dead2 

omg that's hilarious, I'm gonna have to read that cry6 

Have you heard of The Wicked + The Divine?

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

omg that's hilarious, I'm gonna have to read that cry6 

Have you heard of The Wicked + The Divine?

Yes I have actually, I read the first couple of issues of that I borrowed from a friend a year or so ago. I remember the whole thing where they lock up the girl's fingers so she can't snap her fingers again.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

Yes I have actually, I read the first couple of issues of that I borrowed from a friend a year or so ago. I remember the whole thing where they lock up the girl's fingers so she can't snap her fingers again.

I thought it was super cute! wub1 

Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×