Ok so this album was suggested to me by my good sis @Queen Of Suburbia
So here is my track-by-track full fledged review of Kings of Suburbia by Tokio Hotel
(NOTE: I will rate each track in wendy emotes - 5 is the max and 1 is the lowest The best track on the album will receive the coveted janet emote )
- Feel It All -- Tbh wasn't a huge fan of the track when the chorus came on, but by the time the track ended I was converted. The bridge was the best part of the track. Although I found the lyrics to be slightly dry cause they were just repeated over and over throughout the track, I really enjoyed this alot and took a second listen. I give this track three wendys
- Stormy Weather -- I loooovedddd this track. The melody loop. THE LYRICS ARE EVERYTHING. found the vocals to be autotuned here and there but overall it works for me. This is a serious contender for the Janet emote. A bop for the gods. I give this song 4 wendys.
- Run, Run, Run -- I really loved this track. The vocals are giving me life. And the lyrics were flawless. When he hit that falsetto every time..I had an eargasm I give this track 3 wendys
- Love Who Loves You Back -- WHAT A BOPPPPP I HEARD IT NOT ONCE BUT 3 TIMESSSSS. THIS IS THE PERFECT TRACK. Flawless instrumentation. Flawless lyrics. "Throw you arrows, hit her heart, if they don't react, Love who Loves You Back" Flawless production(which the previous tracks somewhat lacked tbh ) This song is another serious contender for the Janet emote. I give this song full 5 wendys
- Covered in Gold -- Another flawless track. The album is exceeding my expectation by each track. I was a little turned off by the auto tune in the previous tracks, but to be honest it sort of works in this one and I didn't mind it at all, infact I LOVED it. The hook is absolutely orgasmic. This track is to look out for. I give this track once again full 5 wendys
- Girl Got a Gun -- WHAT THE FU*KKKKKKK. I literally thought after Track 4 the album would go downhill. But I LOVE this track. Not a huge fan of the lyrics. BUT THE CHORUS IS EVERYTHINGGGGG ESPECIALLY THE BASSLINE AT THE START AND THROUGHOUT THE TRACK AND WHAT A MASTERPEICE OF A INSTRUMENTAL BEFORE THE BRIDGE I literally had to debate with myself weather to give this a full 5 wendys cause I replayed the track twice, but I decided to give it 4 wendys instead.
- Kings of Suburbia -- Killer song. I loved the harmonies. And the thumping sound. The lyrics are flawless too . In all honesty they should've opened with this instead of Feel it All. The talking-bridge part is classic 90s. Was gonna give this track 4 wendys but the ending slayed me so I give this song 5 wendys
- We Found Us -- This album is giving me so much melancholy feelings. I love the instrumentation on this track, very dark. Wasn't a huge fan of the lyrics though, would dial back the vocals a bit to compliment the very smoky melody of the track. But overall a very strong track. I wouldn't skip it if it ever comes on my shuffle. I give this track 3 wendys
- Invaded -- NOW THESE ARE THE VOCALS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. Another haunting track. I loved the lyrics. The production wasn't much except for the piano, until the bridge kicked in ofcourse, but that climax was short-lived. Not a bad track. I also give this song 3 wendys
- Never Let You Down -- (NOTE: I was starting to think maybe I'm getting bored at this point so I took a little break here and resumed after my review after a while) I really loved how the chorus just kicked in when the track started. The chorus and the bridge are the highlights of the track. The verses are okay. I didn't mind the auto tune to be honest, now that I've acquired a taste of their sound, I'm sort of okay with it. I give this bop 4 wendys
- Louder than Love -- THIS TRACK IS GOING STRAIGHT TO MY PERSONAL PLAYLIST. I really loved this track so much, I played it for almost an hourr. THE CHORUS. THE HOOK. THE PRODUCTION. THE VOCALS. FLAWLESSSSSS. THE GUITAR RIFFS THROUGH OUT THE SONG IS EVERYTHING. And that loop in the background during the hook and chorus. I GIVE THIS BEAUTIFUL TRACK 5 WENDYS
- Masquerade -- WHY ARE ALL THE BEST TRACK AT THE BACK OF THE ALBUM? THE HARMONIES ON THE VOCALS ARE EVERYTHINGGG. Heard this one more than once. What the first half of the album lacked(except for a few tracks) were more vocals. But this tracks make up for it tbh. This would be the perfect track to close out a show on. I give it 4 wendys
- Dancing in the Dark -- I have to be really honest here. I did not feel this track at all. The production is nice. The vocals were good. I heard it twice but it didn't make me as excited as the previous two tracks. Its a good track nonetheless. I wouldn't remove it from my playlist or skip it. I give this track unfortunately 2 wendys
- The Heart Get No Sleep -- WHAT THE FU*KK. I totally thought this was gonna be a filler track and wouldn't be as good as the previous 5 wendy ones. But I LOVVEDDDD this track. WHAT KIND OF SUMMER VIBES in winter. THE PRODUCTION on this one is the highlight of the album. What is this flawless track doing at the back of the album? I give this one the same amount of wendys as the same amount of times I replayed the song. 5 wendys
- Great Day -- the perfect track to end the album. The bassline melody of the track is flawwwwless. The lyrics and the vocals are flawless too. Hit that falsetto note in the chorus kingggggg I really loved this track. I give it 3 wendys
I really enjoyed this album and would definitely listen to it again. Skipping a track or two ofcourse .
Its a very cohesive album. The concept flows through from one track to an another. Not one song is out of place. FLAWLESS ALBUM. I give the entire album 5 out of 5 wendys
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET THIS ALBUM CAUSE IT IS GONNA MAKE YOU WET AND ORGASM BY EACH TRACK .
Now to award the much highly respected Janet emote. I had to do alot of thinking, I had 5 top contenders for this honour, after listening to the tracks over and over again I finally narrowed it down to 2. It was such a hard decision but at the end I decided on one track.
Now our very good sis Taylor, will do the honours of announcing the winner...
The runner-up was Love Who Loves You Back, both of the tracks were my top 2, but there can only be on Janet emote holder so I finally decided on Louder Than Love.
Well, thats my review of this album. Lets wrap this up now.
Thanks again to @Queen Of Suburbia for turning me into an Alien
Will do a second review of their other album soon