Nicole Richie

The Animal Kingdom

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

what are you studying?

Political Science & Spanish

idk what i wann a do after HS jj3 

I can understand that. You don't have to pay tuition fees in Germany, so deciding what you want to study is not an as serious decision as it might be in the US.

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I can understand that. You don't have to pay tuition fees in Germany, so deciding what you want to study is not an as serious decision as it might be in the US.

Do you mean that university is totally free or you still have something to pay?

8 minutes ago, TomTom said:

here i know that if you get student loans or something similar from the govt (i think) your debt could be forgiven if you file for bankruptcy (if its an actual truth tho)

5 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

Do you mean that university is totally free or you still have something to pay?

You have to pay a semester fee (about 350€), but that includes free public transportation, student discounts, free entries for events and stuff.

36 minutes ago, TomTom said:

You have to pay a semester fee (about 350€), but that includes free public transportation, student discounts, free entries for events and stuff.

lol in the US you pay for everything and its expensive as fuck to just to walk into college fall9 

2 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

lol in the US you pay for everything and its expensive as fuck to just to walk into college fall9 

I knowwww, the US system is really f*cked and unfair 

Just now, TomTom said:

I knowwww, the US system is really f*cked and unfair 

its like they DONT want us to get good education fall9 

must be why our president is a nutjob fall9 

its like they DONT want us to get good education fall9 

Sometimes I think making achieving higher education as difficult as possible is part of the Republican plan to keep certain subsets of the population dumb enough to vote for them, but that‘s just my two cents 

Just now, TomTom said:

Sometimes I think making achieving higher education as difficult as possible is part of the Republican plan to keep certain subsets of the population dumb enough to vote for them, but that‘s just my two cents 

3 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

must be why our president is a nutjob fall9 

whit1 

but yeah i feel the same fall9 

i think college (like all education) should be borderline cheap/free. primary education (preschool - 12th grade) is payed for through taxes. college isnt.

all the textbooks are like $150+ each fall9 

26 minutes ago, idrk said:

in the UK college starts at age 15/16 but apparently americas college is our uni (both start at 18) and omg is it so fucking hard I'm currently doing A levels there and literally walk into biology and the teacher doesn't even give you enough time to process what's happening let alone make half complete notes there's SOO much content so much detail and so much if I go into this class ill come out with the same knowledge as I would if I didn't go to class. for the exams before college (start at 14)  even though the national average for maths was a D (which is a fail) people were complaining that the exams were too easy and so the entire exam system got a reform which made so much harder. our grade boundaries for a pass last year was 24% the country did that bad and the exams were that hard I didn't even do half the paper and I got a B. its so stressful imagining going into a exam barely being able to do half of it thinking your gonna fail and everythings over and then realise you got a B and that the grade boundary for a pass was 24%. absolute mess I hate the UK can choke on yak dick AND A levels are even harder even though you do 6 less subjects (3) and they're like impossible and I'm literally getting grade U's in biology and psychology which literally means 'ungradable' aka the grade you'd get if you didn't show up to the exam at all or did none of itjj3

for the system for where i live in the US is this

preschool - for however long the child needs to learn before moving to kindergarten (i was there from 3 years old ish through till i was 6 - then moved to Kindergarten)

elementary - kindergarten  - 4th grade

upper elementary - 5th and 6th

middle school - 7th and 8th

high school - 9th - 12th

college/university (both interchangeable) - anywhere between one year through 6+ years - depends on your major (or minor)

1 minute ago, idrk said:

for us here its

KS0 - ages 3–5

KS1 - ages 5–7

KS2 - ages 7–11

KS3 - ages 11–14

KS4 - ages 14–16

KS5 (aka hell) - ages 16–18

University (aka slightly colder hell) - 18+

a colder hell is worse cos the core of hell is pure ice jj3