Nicole Richie

The Animal Kingdom

2 hours ago, Recycled stardust said:

So all we have now is this thread for everything about Kesha except albums and singles that have their own threads? brit2

Yes fall1

Another reason for you to be more active on Discord where we are over 50 members now creep1

3 hours ago, TomTom said:

Yes fall1

Another reason for you to be more active on Discord where we are over 50 members now creep1

I logged in a few hours ago but there were SO MANY THINGS to read, the perfect balance for me was our lovely section here brit2

Fun fact: my bookmark link was to the section so I didn't notice the whole forum was reorganized until today, I thought no one was posting because of Discord & nothing interesting fall1

1 minute ago, Recycled stardust said:

Fun fact: my bookmark link was to the section so I didn't notice the whole forum was reorganized until today, I thought no one was posting because of Discord & nothing interesting fall1

omg same, I had to delete the link from my bookmarks fall1

there was a banner after the update when the site was reorganized + you can't post in the fave sections which hinted at them being archived

Everyone loves him so much cheryl1

It was rumored that among the Millionaires' listeners was producer Dr. Luke, who is credited for helping develop Kesha's initial look and sound (and accused of abusing her throughout their professional partnership). "We worked with producers in the [music] industry, so we heard all the gossip," Melissa says, claiming that "Dr. Luke had admitted to someone that he stole our whole persona." It makes sense: mainstream radio of that era was still dominated by the likes of high-fashion auteur Lady Gaga and textbook hitmaker Britney Spears, but the party girl image — messy, low-brow, relatable — had yet to be tapped into. So if the Millionaires could independently cultivate a fanbase for their sex positive, drunken bops, imagine what someone could achieve with a major label's support.

"That should've been us," Melissa says, "and they gave it to [Kesha]. Once I saw her doing our thing — and even Katy Perry was doing the same, just a cleaner version — it was like, Damn, why did they choose those other girls and not the Millionaires? Was it because we were scene and sorta goth-y? It was disappointing, definitely, but that made us try harder — it fueled our fire."

Source: https://www.papermag.com/millionaires-kesha-myspace-2634994820.html