Sign in to follow this  

Madonna claps back at cultural appropriation accusations!

On the criticism she culturally appropriates:

Oh, they can kiss my ass. I’m not appropriating anything. I’m inspired and I’m referencing other cultures. That is my right as an artist. They said Elvis Presley stole African-American culture. That’s our job as artists, to turn the world upside down and make everyone feel bewildered and have to rethink everything."

Can I just save bravo on her making this statement, certain people use the term racism and accuse artist's of culturally appropriating too easily these days. I personally have always seen it as referencing and being inspired by a culture not stealing and degrading it.

What do you think?

She also commented on the controversy last year when she used "disni**a" as a hashtag on instagram:

"It was the one time that I listened to my son. It was his idea. I was like, ‘What caption do you want me to put on it?’ And I did. I wasn’t thinking." 

Source: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/03/13/madonna-disappointed-with-armani-soon-on-letterman-tells-critics-to-kiss-her-ass/

Shes never been one to patronise culture which is what cultural appropriation is in my eyes. She was influneced by asian culture during rol which slayed. Also i cant at people saying doing asian stuff is appropriating because appropruatung is taking a minority but asians are in a majority and frequently rip off other cultures

Shes never been one to patronise culture which is what cultural appropriation is in my eyes. She was influneced by asian culture during rol which slayed. Also i cant at people saying doing asian stuff is appropriating because appropruatung is taking a minority but asians are in a majority and frequently rip off other cultures

This!!

As a Asian I really appreciate all these artist, for example Madonna, Katy perry, gwen stefani, Avril Lavigne, christina aguilera and etc.

When they wear costume which influenced by Asian culture, we are getting so excited.

Not just me and some fans whole national media praised them because we think that it's the one of the proof that our culture is recognized by the whole world.

But it looks like "most ignorant" people are getting offended by "everything" in now a days.

For example ohnotheydidnt trolls.

I saw these white and black people keep saying that

"Oh she wear gimono! it's very unrespectful thing to japanese people! She is rasist!"

"Oh she wear india coustum! she is unrespectful Indian people!"

"oh she wear qipao!! it's very unrespectful to chinese people! she must be rasist!!"

"Oh she wear han bok it's fucking unrespectful to korean people she is a rasist!!"

Are you fucking kidding me?

We feel very honored and proud that our culture to be introduced to whole world by major pop star!

EsNypOb.jpg

uTGORNk.jpg

4e98pJk.jpg

Ig6AWzJ.jpguYVL3Ay.jpg

cnVeGh2.jpgsy9zqfx.jpg

if Madonna wear Han Bok and shoot music video or do performance then whole Korean getting excited and praise her.

There's only one group will be feel getting offended by this.

It will be "some" very ignorant American which fantasize themselves as smart one in their ignorant head.

I'm not sure I'm ready to hear about cultural appropriation problem from people who aren't even part of the culture. Like some fat otaku wannabe tells you YOU can't reference Japanese culture because apparently only fat otaku wannabes can do it. It's like fake girl gamer shit.

This cultural appropriation thing is a deluded and non-existing problem of 21th century.

One thing is when people make fun of some culture, the other thing is when people are dressed like people of other culture and when they are inspired by other cultures.

People who see problems in situation, where is no real problem, are idiots who only live to complain and divide people.