G like MC

Tours Vs Albums Vs Singles

Sisteren Do me a solid and rank these three areas from greatest to least in terms of importance and educate us with your reasoning of why you chose the order you did

1.Singles

2.Albums

3.Touring

singles in my opinion because of katy
tumblr_ldj92kzJou1qzjix8.png

1. Albums

2. Singles

3. Touring

1) Albums - The importance of albums is crucial, to me, because if someone has hot singles but their album is absolute trash and/or full of filler, then that reflects on them (talent, ear for hits, etc.), the team they used for the album.

2) Singles - This was a tough pick for me, because I believe touring and singles are pretty much the same in terms of importance (more on that below), but singles will make or break an album. If your single is a bop (only good for a little while) or truly iconic, it will generate attention for your album. If it's a FLOP, your album will most likely tank. Many would say singles are more important than the albums themselves, but I disagree simply because albums show case the artist and their teams vision for the whole era. This is especially evident for an album being more important than singles when the artist has alter egos and styles associated with the album/era.

3) Touring - Touring is really something to look out for as well. Is your fave going to use auto tune? Are they going to divert attention from their bad dancing or singing skills with one of the aforementioned (auto tune, gimmicks, extra backup singers or dancers?)? Or are they going to show that they really deserve our money, attention, and whatever else it is that they need to stay relevant and comfortable? If your tour sucks or is full of gimmicks, then you might as well stop doing any types of live performances and stick to airing your "talent" on YouTube, Spotify, and Billboard.

#1 Touring; because is when everything is put to the test, the artist's reputation as a performer, how many people are they capable to bring in, how much are people willing to pay, how fast tickets are sold, etc. And it's also the biggest source of income in this industry.

#2 Albums > #3 Singles: Because it's easy to release a shit album with only a couple of good single-worthy songs, and hard making a consistent record that slays from start to end.

But of course everyone will adapt this to suit their faves. kesha1

1. Albums

2. Singles

3. Touring

2) Singles - This was a tough pick for me, because I believe touring and singles are pretty much the same in terms of importance (more on that below), but singles will make or break an album. If your single is a bop (only good for a little while) or truly iconic, it will generate attention for your album. If it's a FLOP, your album will most likely tank. Many would say singles are more important than the albums themselves, but I disagree simply because albums show case the artist and their teams vision for the whole era. This is especially evident for an album being more important than singles when the artist has alter egos and styles associated with the album/era.

this is the direction i went in as far as having singles over albums. i can definitley see why albums are more crucial because they are the meat of the Era. it was tough but i ultimatley chose singles over albums because bad singles, or bad choice of singles can really affect an albums sales.

while saying this tho, i can totally see why albums can be listed ahead of singles and thanks for providing solid reasoning behind ur post man

#1 Touring; because is when everything is put to the test, the artist's reputation as a performer, how many people are they capable to bring in, how much are people willing to pay, how fast tickets are sold, etc. And it's also the biggest source of income in this industry.

#2 Albums > #3 Singles: Because it's easy to release a shit album with only a couple of good single-worthy songs, and hard making a consistent record that slays from start to end.

But of course everyone will adapt this to suit their faves. kesha1

no lies detected. its interesting u point out that tours are the biggest source of income because i overlooked that. And touring can really break your artist if they are horrible live performing. this was completley opposite of my order but i totally see the facts behind this.

1. Tours - a lot of people, even some stans, pirate their music, but the actual experience of a concert cannot be pirated

2. Singles - GP doesn't care about album tracks

3. Album - too bad, because this is literally the holding foundation of the above components.

tours because it's where them show their performance skills, even the "power" of the album, so   moo1

the albums as second, because you can release just the stupid an commercial singles, all album is what counts (btw there are great singles but usually are the just commercial)

Actually I have thought this over:

1. Tour: Where an artists real success is seen. Can the pull in the crowds to spend there money. Do they actually have the vocals to hold a 2 hour show? Do they have the catalogue of hits to preform?

2. Album: It is much harder to have a successful album. With album sales on decline, they may be less important than singles soon.

3. Singles: Anyone can have a hit single. It has nothing to do with quality and brings in a small portion of income.

no lies detected. its interesting u point out that tours are the biggest source of income because i overlooked that. And touring can really break your artist if they are horrible live performing. this was completley opposite of my order but i totally see the facts behind this.

But in the end all three aspects are intrinsically important and depend on each other. For instance the Prismatic Tour, which was much bigger than her previous concert tour, Katy wouldn't have been able to get to that point without her multiple hit singles and consistently successful albums. And people saw her evolve and develop a better pop stage presence, which helped. lj1

Singles make you known and put you out there; albums establish you further and serve as a foundation, and (if you're good enough) touring will make you a sustainable act in the long run. Hit singles are the first step and successful tours the endgame.

1. Tours
  2. Albums
  3. Singles

Tours are the most important aspect of an artists career imo. It's the place where the artist showcases her pure talent and performance skills. Our girls are entertainers and without tours you can't really witness their entertaining skills  lj1

Albums are quite important and I'm not talking about the sales. Sales are cute and pop girls need money to survive in this industry but I'd rather a flop consistant album to a majorly successful album with 5 good songs as singles with the rest being fillers. A thematic body of work creates the whole era and without that good quality album it's literally impractical to show your work to public. Albums are the backbone of an era and they have to be good.

Singles... Well everyone likes a #1 single but for example Gaga has tons of singles not peaking at #1 but outselling that #1s at the end of the day. I like single eras and performances but I'd rather have a 16 track album with 3 singles to a 10 track album with 6 singles.   xtina11

so... about half the users in this thread agree that touring is the most important aspect when it comes to measuring an artist's success but they're quick to trash Madonna's Rebel Heart chart performance.

my, my, my...

so... about half the users in this thread agree that touring is the most important aspect when it comes to measuring an artist's success but they're quick to trash Madonna's Rebel Heart chart performance.

my, my, my...

I know right, pathethic

my, my, my...

yes, but when you're ABSOLUTELY bombing in the other 2 areas, it doesn't make the era a success. The only reason Madonna has huge tours is because she has a huge catalogue and and is one of the most successful acts of all time. People don't give a fucking shit about ha new material, as shown by her current FLOP single/album sales. The ALBUM for which she's touring for is still a fat flop. My point is, no matter what album madonna tours, she will always pull in the numbers. That, however, does not make the ERA a success.  Rebel Heart's chart performance remains embarrassing regardless of touring numbers. 

1. Albums - By far the most important. Can you actually sell the album. Have you convinced people to buy the album?

2. Singles - Not as important as albums but I still put it in the middle because I don't think tours are at all important

3. Tours - As I just said, tours aren't important. They're important to stans whose faves are novelty acts and can only slay in touring with their old hits. No one really cares because it's more of a GP-related thing than a casual fan thing "hey wanna go see XYZ with me?"

If you want a successful era then you need to have a successful album, period. The other two ain't really important, but adding #1 singles just increase the impressiveness. Tours... not so much. Look at Adele is she a huge touring act, no? Does that stop 21 from being the biggest era of the century? No. 

yes, but when you're ABSOLUTELY bombing in the other 2 areas, it doesn't make the era a success. The only reason Madonna has huge tours is because she has a huge catalogue and and is one of the most successful acts of all time. People don't give a fucking shit about ha new material, as shown by her current FLOP single/album sales. The ALBUM for which she's touring for is still a fat flop. My point is, no matter what album madonna tours, she will always pull in the numbers. That, however, does not make the ERA a success. Rebel Heart's chart performance remains embarrassing regardless of touring numbers.

Mariah also has big catalog which proves your logic is SHIT.

She she can sell ticket in US for 400-700$ instead of album for 9$

What about gaga who failed in singles, albums and tours with artpop era? I'd rather have one huge thing out of those 3 than half empty arenas, flop album and one top 10 single.

1. Albums - By far the most important. Can you actually sell the album. Have you convinced people to buy the album?

2. Singles - Not as important as albums but I still put it in the middle because I don't think tours are at all important

3. Tours - As I just said, tours aren't important. They're important to stans whose faves are novelty acts and can only slay in touring with their old hits. No one really cares because it's more of a GP-related thing than a casual fan thing "hey wanna go see XYZ with me?"

If you want a successful era then you need to have a successful album, period. The other two ain't really important, but adding #1 singles just increase the impressiveness. Tours... not so much. Look at Adele is she a huge touring act, no? Does that stop 21 from being the biggest era of the century? No. 

I agrih. ki @ people who think Rebel Grandma is a "success" because the tour aint gonna flop lmfao1 Touring numbers ARE impressive but ONLY if the era itself is a success as a whole. It's like the cherry on top. 

Mariah also has big catalog which proves your logic is SHIT.

She she can sell ticket in US for 400-700$ instead of album for 9$

What about gaga who failed in singles, albums and tours with artpop era? I'd rather have one huge thing out of those 3 than half empty arenas, flop album and one top 10 single.

not even the biggest tour in the fucking WORLD will make this FLOP album a success. Stay fucking deluded. 

2ur2pm0.png

uhQao2W.gif

lmfao1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.