Sign in to follow this  

Holy Water as a single?

I love holy water by madonna... dem erotica teas <3 the impact, the controversy, the bitchiness <3

YEEZUS loves my pussy best...

I hated it at first ew1 but now I love it iggy1

Don't want it as a single though tina1

I don't want it to be a single at the expense of Devil Pray, Rebel Heart, Iconic, Joan of Arc, and other songs I like better. lj1

But I'm really excited to see this on tour, ready for nipplegate 2.0 cry1 Will we get to see "Vadge" again? oprah10

no tbh there's lots of more single worthy songs on Rebel Heart  um1

Holy Water as a single??? Goodness I hope not! The sheer audacity that it made the album instead of brilliant tracks like Never Let You Go and Queen is bad enough. Its a horrible track, both in its final version and its demo incarnation.

Holy Water as a single??? Goodness I hope not! The sheer audacity that it made the album instead of brilliant tracks like Never Let You Go and Queen is bad enough. Its a horrible track, both in its final version and its demo incarnation.

Queen is not a better song than Holy Water...

giphy.gif

don't kill me but i liked more the demo version and i think it would work more for the radio   rip1

don't kill me but i liked more the demo version and i think it would work more for the radio   rip1

April fool's day is over, amigo. chi1

It wont work as single, she didnt wanted to go with Gang Bang as single cos it wasnt radio friendly, she wont go with it either.

But I have whole video concept in my head already and would love to see it oprah2

at least we wil get it on tour cry0

I like both versions. The demo version has really catchy synthpop elements and they should have been in final version too. lj1

April fool's day is over, amigo. chi1

it wasn't a joke    ahs1

I wouldn't want Holy Water as a single. It's a fun song to me... in the context of the album. I don't think I'm ever going to rush to my iTunes like "SHIT, I NEED TO PUT ON HOLY WATER NOW." fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Even if the singles are likely to flop, I'd rather her flop with melodic songs that carry timeless messages. In fifty years, few are likely to care where Yeezus ranked her pussy among all the other pussies of the land, but they WILL know how it feels to be lifted up and then left to stumble, to be someone's cover when the world gets cold, to see someone as beautiful when they're broken down, etc etc etc. And I'd like that world to be one that knows these are the kinds of songs Madonna submitted for the general public's approval.

oprah2