Philip

Is J.Lo the only

JLo made the transition pretty easily because her break out acting role WAS a singing role.

Other Actresses that have been pretty successful in music: Hillary Duff, Jenny Lewis, Taylor Momsen. Plenty of others, but not many that have COMMITED to it like these gals.

way easier for a singer to get into acting. If you're a big name, there is a low budget movie calling your name.

Singing, you'll have to convince a label. I mean look at Kim. She released that horrid song and flopped, but she still got to act in that terrible movie dead1

JLo made the transition pretty easily because her break out acting role WAS a singing role.

Other Actresses that have been pretty successful in music: Hillary Duff, Jenny Lewis, Taylor Momsen. Plenty of others, but not many that have COMMITED to it like these gals.

Selena wasn't as successful as Anaconda or Out of Sight tho. 

Also, I can give you Hilary but she's not that successful lbr - and others? moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

The argument is flawed because she was actually known as a dancer before she became known as an actor so it was easier for her to transition into singing because she wasn't known only for one thing.

Almost anyone else you try to compare her to only has the two sides of their career so it's not the same situation...

And I'm not talking about having your own line of hair care products or wanting to run for the Senate someday...   tina1

scbs8ds.gif

The argument is flawed because she was actually known as a dancer before she became known as an actor so it was easier for her to transition into singing because she wasn't known only for one thing.

Almost anyone else you try to compare her to only has the two sides of their career so it's not the same situation...

And I'm not talking about having your own line of hair care products or wanting to run for the Senate someday...   tina1

scbs8ds.gif

gurl pls, no one knew her as a dancer dead2

it's like saying Channing Tatum was known as a stripper before becoming an actor dead2

she became a public figure as an actress and then turned into a smash singer that sold over 75m records. I'm asking: is there anyone that was a  very SUCCESSFUL actor turned into a very SUCCESSFUL singer?

I'm asking: is there anyone that was a  very SUCCESSFUL actor turned into a very SUCCESSFUL singer?

Turning into a  successful singer isn't just about charts and sales, if you are thinking only about that. Having a critically praised album is a success too.

Turning into a  successful singer isn't just about charts and sales, if you are thinking only about that. Having a critically praised album is a success too.

no I'm talking about sales. You can have all the critically praised albums and still not be successful if you can't sell 

gurl pls, no one knew her as a dancer dead2

it's like saying Channing Tatum was known as a stripper before becoming an actor dead2

she became a public figure as an actress and then turned into a smash singer that sold over 75m records. I'm asking: is there anyone that was a  very SUCCESSFUL actor turned into a very SUCCESSFUL singer?

Jennifer Lopez was a Fly Girl on In Living Color and In Living Color was a very popular show.   When she started acting she was known as the dancer that started acting.

I understand your question and I have already answered it.   um2

tumblr_m8rl1pgrrj1r8gzjr.gif

Jennifer Lopez was a Fly Girl on In Living Color and In Living Color was a very popular show.   When she started acting she was known as the dancer that started acting.

I understand your question and I have already answered it.   um2

tumblr_m8rl1pgrrj1r8gzjr.gif

sure Jan orangu1

sure Jan orangu1

"Sure Jan" is just an overused, lazy way of deflecting when you can't come up with a better response...

In Living Color is what made both Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx famous so please try and convince me that everyone knew who they were plus the 387 members of the Wayans family as well but no one knew who Jennifer Lopez was until she started acting...

2012-06-0100_06_422brgzjku.gif

"Sure Jan" is just an overused, lazy way of deflecting when you can't come up with a better response...

In Living Color is what made both Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx famous so please try and convince me that everyone knew who they were plus the 387 members of the Wayans family as well but no one knew who Jennifer Lopez was until she started acting...

2012-06-0100_06_422brgzjku.gif

yes they were there as comics, she was just dancing, I mean... she became a public figure when she started ACTING. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.