ajp

Shawn Mendes

17 hours ago, Max said:

Shawn Mendes (album) is slowly growing to become one of my all time favorites, no exaggeration. katy2 

The way I had to buy a second vinyl because I played my first one too much. I am so, so, so thankful I got to see him on the self-titled tour. I hope he keeps these songs in his setlists moving forward (especially if he's gonna tour for Wonder because I think the songs from both albums sit really well with one another) but if he doesn't, at least I got them that night. 

What's your trinity? 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

The way I had to buy a second vinyl because I played my first one too much. I am so, so, so thankful I got to see him on the self-titled tour. I hope he keeps these songs in his setlists moving forward (especially if he's gonna tour for Wonder because I think the songs from both albums sit really well with one another) but if he doesn't, at least I got them that night. 

What's your trinity? 

Oh wow, that's dedication. Let's see if I can get to that point as well.

My trinity would probably be:

Youth

In My Blood

and then either Mutual Lost In Japan 

14 minutes ago, Max said:

Youth

In My Blood

All very solid choices. Mine fluctuated for a long time, but I've landed pretty squarely on Particular Taste, Perfectly Wrong, and Lost in Japan for awhile now. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

All very solid choices. Mine fluctuated for a long time, but I've landed pretty squarely on Particular Taste, Perfectly Wrong, and Lost in Japan for awhile now. 

Oh yeah, I absolutely adore Perfectly Wrong as well. Particular Taste however, that's a song that I do enjoy when it comes on but I wouldn't actively go ahead and play it, if that makes sense. I feel like it still hasn't clicked with me like most of the other songs did.

2 minutes ago, Max said:

Oh yeah, I absolutely adore Perfectly Wrong as well. Particular Taste however, that's a song that I do enjoy when it comes on but I wouldn't actively go ahead and play it, if that makes sense. I feel like it still hasn't clicked with me like most of the other songs did.

I get that. I came into loving Particular Taste after the concert because for some reason it just hits different live. He's the first to admit he's not a dancer but he lets loose a little with that song and it's something to behold. giveup4 That and I'm a sucker for harmonies and the harmony on the "She's so particular...I'm so obsessed with her" in the bridge does things to me. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I get that. I came into loving Particular Taste after the concert because for some reason it just hits different live. He's the first to admit he's not a dancer but he lets loose a little with that song and it's something to behold. giveup4 That and I'm a sucker for harmonies and the harmony on the "She's so particular...I'm so obsessed with her" in the bridge does things to me. 

I do get that though. I really hope I'll get to see him live one day, there's so many of his songs that probably SHINE when performed live. 

41 minutes ago, Max said:

I do get that though. I really hope I'll get to see him live one day, there's so many of his songs that probably SHINE when performed live. 

Did you get to watch his concert film on Netflix? It's got the whole Rogers Centre gig and it's stunning. Not only did he perform the hell out of that show, it's filmed so beautifully. Genuinely one of the best looking concert films I've ever seen. 

On 5/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

Did you get to watch his concert film on Netflix? It's got the whole Rogers Centre gig and it's stunning. Not only did he perform the hell out of that show, it's filmed so beautifully. Genuinely one of the best looking concert films I've ever seen. 

Oh, yes. Totally! It's beautifully shot and definitely what I adored about the film the most. 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, Max said:

Youth

In My Blood

On 5/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

Lost In Japan is his best single period.

Lost In Japan, Where Were You In the Morning? & Mutual would be my trinity. true1

11 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

@Max @Mr. Mendes coming back to this I've really came to adore Perfectly Wrong. It's such a beautiful song and his vocal is everything.

It's true bestie, it's true. I have never been as pissed at that man as I was when he left it off the tour setlist. He played nearly the whole album but it wasn't in sight. 

32 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

@Max @Mr. Mendes coming back to this I've really came to adore Perfectly Wrong. It's such a beautiful song and his vocal is everything.

Oh wow, I agree! It's a beautiful delivery. katy2 

3 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's true bestie, it's true. I have never been as pissed at that man as I was when he left it off the tour setlist. He played nearly the whole album but it wasn't in sight. 

I can kind of understand why as it's the sort of song that fits in better with a smaller intimate crowd rather than a large concert.