edwinfg

Taylor Swift - RED (Review Thread)

Taylor-Swift-Red-Album-Poster.jpg

Hi everyone, gaga13(and me sincere apologies for @Arya @Robert. and @ for waiting for so long) welcome to my review thread of Taylor's 2012 album RED.

As a newly formed stan after listening to 1989 non stop, I've decided to deeply invest on her full discography instead of casually listening to everything while waiting for her next magnum opus. Here I'll attempt to give a general appreciation of the whole tracklist (including the demos) as well as discribing my emotions/feeling towards every individual song. Bare with me that I'm not really good at reviewing albums but I will pour my heart into this thread because this album is a modern masterpiece and it deserves all the praise that I can give. sass4

The review process with be split into around 8 parts covering the standard edition, deluxe edition plus a a bonus review of the two demos (Treacherous and Red) [as stated before] and the acoustic edition of State Of Grace. Due to the fact that, at the same time studying for my upcoming exams, most of review will be delivered on random days instead of a consistent schedule. brit2

I want to thank every single one of you for taking your time to reading this, futhermore I want to apologize for any typo that might occur ( as expected mad5 ). I want everyone to encourage everyone to give their own opinions on my review as well. oprah2

So without further ado, let's get into this. antm1

Tracklist:

Part 1:

1. State Of Grace - LINK

2. Red - LINK

Part 2:

3. Treacherous - LINK

4. I Knew You Were Trouble. - LINK

5. All Too Well - LINK

Part 3:

6. 22 - LINK

7. I Almost Do - LINK

Part 4:

8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - LINK

9. Stay Stay Stay - LINK

Part 5:

10. The Last Time - LINK

11. Holy Ground - LINK

12. Sad Beautiful Tragic - LINK

Part 6:

13. The Lucky One - LINK

14. Everything Has Changed - LINK

15. Starlight - LINK

Part 7:

16. Begin Again - LINK

17. I Moment I Knew - LINK

Part 8:

18. Come Back... Be Here - LINK

19. Girl At Home - LINK

Part 9:

20. Treacherous (Demo) - LINK

21. Red (Demo) - LINK

22. State Of Grace (Acoustic) - LINK

State Of Grace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRijt0FhGc

What an amazing way to start this album, State Of Grace delivers what basically I consider that whole essence of the album.

Has a whole morning soft rock vibe with it and sets you with a pumped up feeling. The guitar riffs are heavenly, and

combining with her magnificent vocals. brit2 The drum filled instrumentals, the love-blindsignted lyrics cry1 State Of

Grace is the inicial highlight of the album, and sorta mindtricks you into listening to the rest of the album.

#CleaverTayTay.

Favorite Lyrics:

Up in your room and our slates are clean / Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes

So you were never a saint. / And I love in shades of wrong

Final Review: 4/5

State Of Grace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRijt0FhGc

What an amazing way to start this album, State Of Grace delivers what basically I consider that whole essence of the album.

Has a whole morning soft rock vibe with it and sets you with a pumped up feeling. The guitar riffs are heavenly, and

combining with her magnificent vocals. brit2 The drum filled instrumentals, the love-blindsignted lyrics cry1 State Of

Grace is the inicial highlight of the album, and sorta mindtricks you into listening to the rest of the album.

#CleaverTayTay.

Favorite Lyrics:

Final Review: 4/5

Seems like this is a great start cry1 I really hope that you'll love the whole album cry1

Red

I'm not ashamed to consider this my favorite Taylor song so far. antm1 With such dark sided lyrics, her vocals play the

oposite game. Overall it's a very uplifting song, crushes with your insecurities and shows how much experimental she can

be. The autotuned filled chorus shows a different side of her, a more exposed, strong persona. While the lyrics express the

idea of how difficult it is to move away for him, she's not defining herself with that idea. A more sassy, dirty, honest

version of herself. On a final note, it bears what I consider the best lyrics combining what I've listened so far (RED +

1989).

Favorite Lyrics:

Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street / Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so

suddenly

Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer

Final Review: 5/5

Red

I'm not ashamed to consider this my favorite Taylor song so far. antm1 With such dark sided lyrics, her vocals play the

oposite game. Overall it's a very uplifting song, crushes with your insecurities and shows how much experimental she can

be. The autotuned filled chorus shows a different side of her, a more exposed, strong persona. While the lyrics express the

idea of how difficult it is to move away for him, she's not defining herself with that idea. A more sassy, dirty, honest

version of herself. On a final note, it bears what I consider the best lyrics combining what I've listened so far (RED +

1989).

Favorite Lyrics:

Final Review: 5/5

cry0