Zope

Taylor Momsen / The Pretty Reckless

I feel like the album is one that grows on you. So far I don't have any songs that I dislike.

If I have any complaint it's the screamo breakdown on Sweet Things, I just don't like screaming, but I love the rest of the song.

I need to get a physical copy soon so I can jam in my car. I'll probably end up burning one though because the closest place I might find a copy is Walmart and they're shit is censored. I bought a Rob Zombie CD there not too long ago from there and the word hell was censored but in one of the other tracks he screams motherfucker repeatedly and that wasn't censored at all.

i strongly dislike screams in rock or in general but i make an exception for her and chester , the guy from linkin park. the song is perfection along her screams but it needs a certain mood  brit11  

burn it into a CD it sounds awesome in the car  brit13

i strongly dislike screams in rock or in general but i make an exception for her and chester , the guy from linkin park. the song is perfection along her screams but it needs a certain mood  brit11  

burn it into a CD it sounds awesome in the car  brit13

I actually like her more raspy/scream vocals in other tracks it just doesn't work for me in that specific song. I guess it's just too harsh a contrast to the rest of the song for me.

And I will as soon as I get my damn car back and find a disc. My mother has had my car for the better part of the last week and now it's beginning again this week because her's is being worked on.

Nice pics up there ;)

Despite Taylor is imho one of (if not the) prettiest and sexiest artists out there, her music really rocks. And that in terms of the music itself and also the message it conveys. So I love them, both albums, music videos and live perfomances.

Ah and @The Last Of Us... you're right, rocks like hell driving in your car!

tumblr_lq70l3ZHXS1r0qhsno1_500.gif

I only know a few songs by them, but they are a promising rock band. I do like how their music is straightforward (the formula "simple but efficient and powerful guitar riffs + infuriated vocals" always seduces me). In other words, I appreciate Taylor Momsen's raspy, deep and mature voice (I could not believe she was only 16 when she sang Miss Nothing 6 years ago, she did not sound like a teen girl) and how it fits perfectly the grungy sound. :) 

Sometimes, their music has a 90's vibe and reminds me of Hole, although Taylor Momsen said Courtney Love was not an influence.

They have two albums, I should definitely discover them.