Liam

Liam's Top 150 Songs Of All Time

Amerie - 1 Thing (2005)

51R33ENKY7L.jpg

How could I deny one of the best hits of 2005 a spot in the countdown? This song can thank it's success due to it's inclusion in the Saints Row 2 soundtrack. I would literally drive around everywhere bumping to this song. It's a true jam, Amerie is underrated. This song will forever remain a classic

Madonna - Live To Tell (1986)

v2.jpg

This song is very underrated in Madonna's discography. I first heard this song when watching some Blonde Ambititon tour performance. It's so powerful, beautiful, raw and haunting. I normally don't bother with Madonna's earlier work but this really stands out among it

Britney Spears - Touch Of My Hand (2003)

7cb7a043c494321be9b27e95128848c7.jpg

So fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hot. Godney really delivered on this album and one of the tracks that stand out is this gem. A song about masturbation.. literally leaving me scalpless. The indian sort of vibe is cute too. Her soft vocals remain shitting on everyone besides Janet

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (2006)

amy-winehouse-back-to-black.jpeg

I couldn't leave Amy out of here. I had her off the list so many times but I finally got around to adding this one gem. Valerie was very close but I just couldn't put it over other songs. Anyway, this is her best song and her only entry. Her voice is just so compelling and Adele could literally never

Salt 'N' Pepa - Whatta Man (feat. En Vogue) (1994)

Salt-N-Pepa_-_Very_Necessary.jpg

What a jam. I remember watching the Trinity lipsync on Rupauls Drag Race and her totally turning it out to this song. Since than I've been absolutely obsessed. I already loved a few of Salt 'N' Pepa's songs but this song just does it for me. The beat is so simple but mixes so good with the rapping and the singing. The verses are on point filled with sass and attitude but that's exactly what'd you expect from them

Florence + The Machine - What The Water Gave Me

florence-and-the-machine-ceremonials.jpg

Flo's only entry but very deserved. When I first heard this song I was absolutely in love. I'm not a huge fan of Flo but when she makes a good song it's always above and beyond. I also had a couple other songs of hers shortlisted but unfortunately they didn't make it. Hope she brings some more tunes out on her new album which I most definitely will be giving some airplay!

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Get Over You (2002)

tumblr_inline_mjp38qPBKg1qz4rgp.png

You drive me crazy up the wall! How could I ignore this fucking SMASH? Read My Lips was my first album and this song was by far my favorite. It just shits on life. I remember when I was 5 I was always perched to watch this music video but the bald mannequin in the wedding dress used to scare the living shit out of me. Maybe it'd be higher if you didn't give me twenty heart attacks watching the video Sophie?

FKA twigs - Lights On

16605-lp1.jpg

I paid this song dust when I first listened to it. I think I had it charting at like #70 in my 2014 list? But I revisited it eventually and I realized how fucking good it was. I was concerned about including this just because it's so new for me but in a decade's time I'll probably still fucking love it. Her best song and her only entry