Carlos

My Top 20 Lana Del Rey Songs.

WY.jpg

13. Without You

Without You is arguably one of the best Lana songs in Born To Die, should have included in the standard edition. Probably one of the most harmonious songs she’s ever done, the “Hello hello, C-can you hear me?” part is too good.

so the song is about love and fame or whatever you want the song to be but I wanna just talk about the chorus.

“I can be your china doll if you like to see me fall”

China dolls are intricate and ornate and breaking it means she would break herself for this man? So is she saying she’s willing to leave her fame and status for this certain guy? Lana don’t do it. but interesting line tho, or maybe that’s just me.

This is one those songs of hers that excels everything, lyrically and sonically, even the bridge slays.

Hello hello?

@Carlos btw you like the original version of Yayo or the Paradise edition?

(Paradise stan here)

yes, my version of Yayo is the one where she screams at the tip of the bridge (dark kniiiiiggghhhttt). moo1 I love its so much. cry7

Surprised Without You ain't in the top 5. jj1 Without You is nice. In my upper quartile of songs from BTD.

lbr Without You doesn't disappoint jj1

ugh i hate without you. one of my least faves.

brit2rip2

It's qt jj1

its awesome jj1

SG.jpg

12. Sad Girl

The opening sounds country-ish? But it still Loung-y though, idk maybe it’s just me.

So Lana claims being a bad bitch on the side might not appear to fools like you, and also she claims she’s a very sad girl and also a very bad girl, sowhatisthetruth.gif

So this song just follows every Lana songs about being a mistress  with a rich a man. I like her claim of being sad and bad, Lana’s badder than bad! You haven’t seen her man!

Although it’s a little repetitive but it’s okay, the melody is drowsy and airy just like Yayo which I like.

Plus the bridge is amazing! “Watch what you say to me, careful who’re you talkin to” ha Dark Horse!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.