ParentalAdvisory

Nicki,Kendrick,Lorde and more Owe Their Careers to Taylor Swift

640_taylor_swift_472232348.jpg

Quote:
Taylor Swift gets things done. Seriously.
Not only has this 25-year-old grown from an aspiring country teen starlet to a global pop phenomenon, she's taken plenty of her nearest and dearest along for the ride.

1 Kendrick Lamar:

Months after Lamar earned his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, Swift enlisted the rapper's talents for her buzzed-about "Bad Blood" video debut. Along with a laundry list of Swift's gal pals, Lamar provided the video's lone Y-chromosome and contributed not one, but two new verses to the revenge anthem.
Long story short: The single skyrocketed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, marking Lamar's first ever chart-topping hit.
And not to discredit his own album's success, but Swift did boldly name drop him in her September 2014 Rolling Stone cover story. Five months later, after a series of back-and-forth social media exchanges and fun lip-sync videos, Lamar has his first No. 1 album. We're just saying!

2 Nicki Minaj

When Swift and Minaj were named Woman of the Year and Rising Star of the Year, respectively, at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music Awards, they were more closely linked than some might imagine. In fact, during a tearful acceptance speech, Minaj credited Swift with the stratospheric success of her crossover hit, "Super Bass."
"First I saw a radio interview, and they asked her what song she liked and she said, 'Can it be a song that didn't come out yet?' and she started rapping 'Super Bass,'" Minaj recalled. "Then she tweeted that she liked 'Super Bass' and then all of her fans who had never heard about Nicki Minaj went and purchased it. After Taylor tweeted that, 'Super Bass' climbed up 80-something spots the same day on iTunes."

Swift not only tweeted about the song -- that same year, she invited Minaj to join her on-stage during a high-profile performance at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, where they turned "Super Bass" into a crowd-pleasing duet. "Taylor started this 'Super Bass' frenzy, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart," Minaj said on stage.

Others mentioned in the article:

3 Ed Sheeran

4 Hunter Hayes

5 Shawn Mendes

6 Selena Gomez, Hailee Steinfeld, Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevigne, Lorde, Lena Dunham, HAIM, Lily Aldridge, and Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello

http://www.etonline.com/music/165268..._taylor_swift/

eve1

o to the mother fucking kay ny9.gif' alt='ny8'>

no nicki and no kendrick owes cowshit to this pale ass bitch ny9.gif' alt='ny8'> they started from the bottom now they're here because of their own hard work ny9.gif' alt='ny8'> the delusion of etonline ny9.gif' alt='ny8'>

Idk about Kendrick, but I do remember Taylor starting the hype for "Super Bass" even Nicki admits it. 

Although, I wouldn't go as far to say that Nicki owes her entire career to her. She was popular already. 

Why are y'all geting so offended by this? It's not like Taylor's claiming any of this herself, that "Superbass" thing is something Nicki said herself. Obviously she's not kickstarting some girls' careers by having a sing-song in a radio interview but she got them some attention. I fail to see the harm on her part or any "delusion" in the article.

And "Bad Blood" is Kendrick's FIRST number one. Why shouldn't he be thankful for that?

Gosh this forum is so "special" when it comes to Taylor

tumblr_ndzavwRLOe1sq00w5o1_400.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.