Bionic Monster

My ideal ARTPOP era

This is how it would go for me;

1st single: Dope

While Miley had her party anthem and Katy had another self empowerment anthem brit9 , this would've stood out and shown a new side to Gaga which was the original point of the whole era (peak #2)

2nd single: MANiCURE

One of the most radio friendly songs on ARTPOP (alongside DWUW) and I feel like middle school girls would pretend to like it because it's more edgy (peak #5)

Album release

3rd single: DWUW

Same as MANiCURE, except the middle school bitches actually WOULD like it bey6 (peak #1)

4th single: G.U.Y.

It's extremely catchy and could be marketed as a "classic" Gaga single, and would've received actual promo unlike when it actually came out as a single julia1 (peak #8)

5th (final) single: Gypsy

She would take a little break and right before the tour release this song as a message to her fans that we help her get through a world tour like this gaga6 (peak #19)

Do you agrih? interesting1

Love it! You have some interesting ideas, ngl I like the idea for dope being the first single. Great job antm1

Thanks rih3 I really wish Dope was the lead single. It really would've set Gaga apart from the MILLIONS of pop girls releasing in mid/late 2013. Sad her label picked Applause which just really isn't for me I guess (it's a bop tho demi1 )

I don't think anything on the album would have peaked higher than Applause, especially not Dope, even though I love the song. The only part I really agree with is Gypsy being the last single oprah1

I disagree tbh, I think something more accesible (which doesn't have to be Dope it could be any personal song on the album) would've been more successful, but the only thing that would really have a chance at #1 would be DWUW, and ONLY with the right promo and an actual video cry0

For me, it should be:

Applause (as it is, #4)

Venus (didn't get cancelled, mild hit, #8)

DWUW (controversial video, radio hit, #1)

GUY (actually got promo and a shorter video, #6)

Aura (Telephone continuation video, #9)

Gypsy (released during tour for fans, #10)

I definitely wouldn't put Dope as a single at all. You're right about setting her apart from the other releases at the time but I don't think it would do much for ARTPOP. I mean, we'll never know.   jj1

I'd pick Venus, DWUW, Gypsy and Applause as singles. Maybe Aura as well. 

ARTPOP

Lady Gaga

January 21, 2014

Artpop_cover.png

Singles:

1.) Dope

November 4, 2013

Peak: #4

[starts the era off with the performance at the 2013 Youtube Music Awards. Debuts at #4, and then steadily decreases. Mostly promoted through radio interviews about how her fans got her through the rough times in her life and how this song is dedicated to them.]

2.) Do What U Want (featuring Christina Aguilera)

January 6, 2014

Peak: #1

[After everyone begins to bash Gaga about the 'failure' of Dope and the ARTPOP era, Christina stirs up some beef with Gaga on Twitter. They both go at it up until New Years, when they both reveal the collab and announce they will be performing at the 2014 People's Choice Awards. Also receives many other high-profile performances as well. Shoots up straight to number one where it will stay for multiple weeks.]

3.) Sexxx Dreams

March 17, 2014

Peak: #9

[Released about two weeks before Gaga's Roseland residency. Promotes the song and the residency through multiple TV talk show performances. Also receives a very controversial video which helps the song obtain a top ten chart position.]

4.) MANiCURE

June 2, 2014

Peak: #5

[Released in between the gap of shows during the North American leg of the artRave. Achieves major radio success all summer and is promoted through a couple talk show performances.]

5.) Swine

August 18, 2014

Peak: #10

[Released one week before the 2014 VMAs. In addition to Gaga sweeping all of the categories she's in. She also gives a very controversial performance of Swine with Millie. The media goes crazy over the performance and the music video which is also highly controversial.]

6.) G.U.Y.

November 17, 2014

Peak: #7

[Released before the highly acclaimed performance of the song at the 2014 AMAs. Receives a highly praised video and does fairly well on the radios.]

7.) Applause

January 12, 2015

Peak: #3

[Released at the beginng of 2015 with the message that this single will close out the era. The video incorporates all of the styles Gaga presented throughout the era and does very well on Vevo. Also received major radio success, which helped the track boost to numer three.]

This is how it would go for me;

1st single: Dope

While Miley had her party anthem and Katy had another self empowerment anthem brit9 , this would've stood out and shown a new side to Gaga which was the original point of the whole era (peak #2)

2nd single: MANiCURE

One of the most radio friendly songs on ARTPOP (alongside DWUW) and I feel like middle school girls would pretend to like it because it's more edgy (peak #5)

Album release

3rd single: DWUW

Same as MANiCURE, except the middle school bitches actually WOULD like it bey6 (peak #1)

4th single: G.U.Y.

It's extremely catchy and could be marketed as a "classic" Gaga single, and would've received actual promo unlike when it actually came out as a single julia1 (peak #8)

5th (final) single: Gypsy

She would take a little break and right before the tour release this song as a message to her fans that we help her get through a world tour like this gaga6 (peak #19)

Do you agrih? interesting1

You're not allowed to troll in the artist's section. lj1

Dope as 1st single... julia1

I'll post mine later.

No one's ever gonna convince me Dope wouldn't have been a good first single. Think about it: all the people who prefer a "normal" Gaga would be there for it and the ones who don't would still appreciate her vulnerability. And it would set her apart from those other basic pop bitches releasing at the time ayumi1

Perched for yours tho rih3

No one's ever gonna convince me Dope wouldn't have been a good first single. Think about it: all the people who prefer a "normal" Gaga would be there for it and the ones who don't would still appreciate her vulnerability. And it would set her apart from those other basic pop bitches releasing at the time ayumi1

Perched for yours tho rih3

Gaga has built her career around being not normal. People expect the exact opposite from her. She was boring and messy during the ARTPOP era. She did not have the shock value she used to have anymore which is why she didn't do so well. Applause was basic and dated and so was DWUW. Venus just sounds flat during the verses and it sounds choppy and rushed (because it was done last minute and amateurishly produced).

Dope is a depressing song and her vocals are atrocious. Nothing about it would make for a good single. I was watching the live stream of that horrible YouTube performance and I remember the number of viewers dropping drastically when she performed Dope. It was honestly tragic.

The song that would've really created a lot of buzz with a good single would have been:

1. Aura (08/13/13)

A good radio edit, Telephone continuation directed by Jonas Akerlund & a crazy ass and controversial VMA performance. That's what Gaga needed. She needed a bombastic comeback that reminded people who she really was because the BTW era, single-wise, was already pretty toned down and light-hearted. MonsterGaga was the one that got people talking about her after all. The song represented the actual concept behind ARTPOP and was Gaga's original 1st single choice. Even if it probably didn't do that well it still would have been a great buzz single to get people perched for the album and possibly very popular in the clubs. (Peak #6)

Do What U Want (Promo Single) (September 2013)

Pretty successful, promoted with the Best Buy commercial. Gaga films a live video at the YouTube Music Awards

2. Sexxx Dreams (10/25/13)

The lable's original choice for first single. It has a nice funky bassline and the song is catchy as fuck. Plus, Katy was flopping with her second single so this would have given Gaga a great opportunity to do well. (Peak #1)

Venus (Promo Single) (11/04/13)

Midly successful, but still a flop. Promoted with the 02 commercial.

3. G.U.Y. (12/31/13)

Gaga's original choice for second single before Venus even existed. It's catchy, it's sexy and it's Gaga. (Peak #5)

4. Gypsy (03/28/14)

Obviously the most radio-friendly song. Could have actually sweeped Dark Horse from the top position, as basic as this song is. However, it would have been a nice change from all the very beat-heavy electronic songs and definitely a good spring single. (Peak #2)

5. Mary Jane Holland or MANiCURE (07/01/14)

I know this may have bombed hard but we may have gotten another MINDBLOWING album from her and I believe it would have been a good ending. This song is really good after all. It could have been a surprise hit. You never know with the GP tbh. MANiCURE would have been my second choice. Either MJH or MANiCURE, both would have been no1curr singles anyway. (Peak #17)