harryoopsididit

Namie Amuro

12 hours ago, G.T.D.A.B. said:

Rumor has it, before she quit the music industry. avex trax was trying to get her to do a song with Koda Kumi, it never happened. I love both this ladies.

This would’ve went off ari7

Her quitting music, had to do with her having a problem with her voice/vocals in late 2003/2004. Her management screwed her over at one point in time, she was gonna quit when her mom was murdered, She only  made music because of her fans saying not to leave making music.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, Atlantis Princess said:

Wait i never knew this thread existed oprah15

I'm getting into her discography. I've listened to her first 3 up to now. LOVE 2000 is japanese Rhythm Nation yup

Have you listened to anymore since? What are your favourites? oprah15

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Have you listened to anymore since? What are your favourites? oprah15

I didn't rip4

I stopped because her albums were pretty long from what I remember and I didn't really have time. Then I got away from anything kpop/jpop for a period and got sidetracked by other artist's discographies. But I'm sure I will return to her's again sometime. 

From what I listened my fav songs are: LOVE 2000, Sweet 19 Blues, Body feels EXIT, Something Bout The Kiss, Let's Do The Motion.

Tbh her first 2 albums are kinda hard to sit through cuz it's mainly really bad mixed dance music but I know her sound starts to change with Genius 2000 so I have that to look forward to I guess.

10 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I didn't rip4

I stopped because her albums were pretty long from what I remember and I didn't really have time. Then I got away from anything kpop/jpop for a period and got sidetracked by other artist's discographies. But I'm sure I will return to her's again sometime. 

From what I listened my fav songs are: LOVE 2000, Sweet 19 Blues, Body feels EXIT, Something Bout The Kiss, Let's Do The Motion.

Tbh her first 2 albums are kinda hard to sit through cuz it's mainly really bad mixed dance music but I know her sound starts to change with Genius 2000 so I have that to look forward to I guess.

Yeah her albums are long but I think the vast majority are really rewarding listens! Her first two I definitely agree, Concentration 20 onward for me is all pretty great, and her sound changes a few times in that time, so if you ever get around to it I’d love to see your opinions 

@Fletch Hello! So I've finally finished Namie's discography and I must say wow THE RANGE. I like that she experiments with different sounds and I dont know what to expect from each album. 

My fave albums are definitely Play, Past < Future, Genius 2000, Sweet 19 Blues and I really LOVE the 3rd disc off her Finally album. If that was a studio album it'd probably be my favorite. Hero, Tsuki, Big Boys Cry, Damage  whew whit2

I don't really use the rest of the albums except for a few songs because really she has some jems in all of them. 

I just loved getting into this vast discography even if I didn't enjoy some of it. It reminds me of the time I got into BoA's 18 albums or smth.

She also is an amazing performer and makes great music videos so what can I say but I'm a fan of her. 

Now to get into her contemporaries discographies to see if they measure up ny7

@Atlantis Princess oprah15 I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Some the her albums you posted are some of my favourites too! She does have some albums that take ages to get into, I found her run from Break the Rules to Queen of Hip-Pop to be really hard to get into but in the end I’ve found bops and gems on them all, she was a really versatile artist for sure! 

She’s honestly one of the best j-pop artists ever, but another good one to get into would be Kumi Koda. It’s definitely gonna be worth your time if you liked Namie!

33 minutes ago, Fletch said:

@Atlantis Princess oprah15 I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Some the her albums you posted are some of my favourites too! She does have some albums that take ages to get into, I found her run from Break the Rules to Queen of Hip-Pop to be really hard to get into but in the end I’ve found bops and gems on them all, she was a really versatile artist for sure! 

She’s honestly one of the best j-pop artists ever, but another good one to get into would be Kumi Koda. It’s definitely gonna be worth your time if you liked Namie!

Break the rules is honestly her most forgettable. I literally can't remember any song from that one even though I did enjoy one or two. It makes sense since it was released only 11 months after Genius 2000. 

At least Style had Namie's Style, Indy Lady. Queen of Hip-Pop had the iconic Want Me Want Me that made me want to check her out.