QUINN

Teenage Dream is the 7th longest charting album from a female artist on the Billboard 200: 236 weeks

4919921.jpg
As of this week, just 2 months shy of its 5th birthday, Teenage Dream has bypassed Carrie Underwood's Some Hearts album and has taken its place as the 7th longest charting album from a female on the Billboard 200.

Since its #1 debut on the chart the week of September 11, 2010, Teenage Dream has spent a total of 215 out of 250 weeks on the chart.

It is currently in the middle of a 24 week streak on the chart since re-entering it in January of this year. Its longest consecutive streak is 138 weeks.

It stands as the ONLY conventional female pop album to last this long on the chart.

shock1 im actually shocked, i though she was more of a "singles" seller

I think she gets overlooked on her album sales, to be honest. She debuted at a time when the way albums were consumed by the GP was changing, and she still managed to impact the market in a huge way.  She's looked at as a singles artist because she does sell more singles than she does albums, but I think that's more of a testament to the fact that she sells a SHIT LOAD of singles.

She's just wrapped up her 3rd era, and both albums from her past two eras are still charting. I think people can drop the 'doesn't sell albums' argument now, tbh. 

I think she gets overlooked on her album sales, to be honest. She debuted at a time when the way albums were consumed by the GP was changing, and she still managed to impact the market in a huge way.  She's looked at as a singles artist because she does sell more singles than she does albums, but I think that's more of a testament to the fact that she sells a SHIT LOAD of singles.

She's just wrapped up her 3rd era, and both albums from her past two eras are still charting. I think people can drop the 'doesn't sell albums' argument now, tbh. 

I absolutely hate the terms "album artist" and "singles artist" tbh jj1 I just can't stand people classfying artists and acting like someone can't be both. 

Top 10 list ?

1. Tapestry, Carole King - 313 weeks

2. Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift - 275 weeks
3. Come Away With Me, Norah Jones - 242 weeks
4. Shepherd Moons, Enya - 238 weeks
5. Fearless, Taylor Swift - 234 weeks
6. 21, Adele - 225 weeks
7. Teenage Dream, Katy Perry - 215 weeks
8. Some Hearts, Carrie Underwood - 214 weeks
9. 19, Adele - 197 weeks
10. Nick Of Time, Bonnie Raitt - 185 weeks

Fearless, 21, and Teenage Dream are all still currently charting. 

Top 10 list ?

oh and if you wanted an overall top 10 list, here is what wikipedia has as the current top 10. I cannot verify this, though, as I have not been tracking these or know when this article was last updated (The number for Carole King, for example, is 1 week short):

1. The Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd - 892 weeks
  2. Johnny's Greatest Hits – Johnny Mathis - 490 weeks
  3. My Fair Lady – Original Cast Recording - 480 weeks
  4. Highlights from the Phantom of the Opera – Original Cast Recording - 331 weeks
  5. Metallica – Metallica - 319 weeks
  6. Journey's Greatest Hits – Journey - 318 weeks
  7. Tapestry – Carole King - 312 weeks
  8. Oklahoma! – Soundtrack - 305 weeks
  9. Heavenly – Johnny Mathis - 295 weeks
  10. Legend – Bob Marley and the Wailers - 290 weeks

oh and if you wanted an overall top 10 list, here is what wikipedia has as the current top 10. I cannot verify this, though, as I have not been tracking these or know when this article was last updated (The number for Carole King, for example, is 1 week short):

• The Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd - 892 weeks
  • Johnny's Greatest Hits – Johnny Mathis - 490 weeks
  • My Fair Lady – Original Cast Recording - 480 weeks
  • Highlights from the Phantom of the Opera – Original Cast Recording - 331 weeks
  • Metallica – Metallica - 319 weeks
  • Journey's Greatest Hits – Journey - 318 weeks
  • Tapestry – Carole King - 312 weeks
  • Oklahoma! – Soundtrack - 305 weeks
  • Heavenly – Johnny Mathis - 295 weeks
  • Legend – Bob Marley and the Wailers - 290 weeks

Who the fuck is Johnny Mathis rip2

1. Tapestry, Carole King - 313 weeks

2. Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift - 275 weeks

3. Come Away With Me, Norah Jones - 242 weeks

4. Shepherd Moons, Enya - 238 weeks

5. Fearless, Taylor Swift - 234 weeks

6. 21, Adele - 225 weeks

7. Teenage Dream, Katy Perry - 215 weeks

8. Some Hearts, Carrie Underwood - 214 weeks

9. 19, Adele - 197 weeks

10. Nick Of Time, Bonnie Raitt - 185 weeks

Fearless, 21, and Teenage Dream are all still currently charting.

Those 3 albums just never stop do they cry0 They are also 3 of the most popular albums of this century so they deserve it.