RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

2 hours ago, Max said:

Nice, thanks for that!

yw of course. another idea is to do a wonderlocke. essentially, you do the same as the nuzlocke, but the pokemon you catch doesnt matter bc each encounter you trade on surprise trade for a different pokemon. if you get one higher than ur highest lv or a duplicate, then u trade again. the rest of the rules still apply. 

This is more fun in games where you have a national dex bc you can get pokemon you dont normally get. Someone who didnt have the dlc could do this for IOA mons too since you'll likely get a lot of breedjects. However my assumption is TCT wont be accessible till postgame, so this will make wonderlockes more viable since some mons like Nidoran will be unavailable main game but accessible in wonderlockes. 

Yeah there's very little happening. I think with them doing DLC rather than an enhanced version as a new game, that also means less promotion for anything too. The raids are nice but at the same time... I was hoping for more. The random shiny raids that happen for 3 days every month are great, but then it goes back to irrelevants. Doing more interesting raids would keep people interested, for example have "raid-exclusive" moves, like have grass type summer focusing on Bellossom, Vileplume etc where they can have Overheat as an exclusive move. Give people a reason to keep raiding. Ofc TCT will help but only for a month like IOA was. 

It is weird we've not had any more information. I am definitely expecting a Pokemon Presents in October. Corocoro is meant to have TCT news so I'm assuming they'll do a Presents before that, so probably around the 14th or so. I expect more on TCT and Snap there. 

In other news, SWSH received the award for excellency, best sales award and something else at the Japan Game Awards cheer1 

17 minutes ago, Max said:

YAS, finally something on TCT bebe1

Honestly I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for them to say release date Wednesday 14 October. the IOA trailer happened 2 weeks before the release. DLC doesnt need to follow their usual release pattern (particularly a DLC that people have mostly already paid for). Also XY was released on October 12th. 

Failing that I expect the new horses to be shown off instead. 

2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Honestly I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for them to say release date Wednesday 14 October. the IOA trailer happened 2 weeks before the release. DLC doesnt need to follow their usual release pattern (particularly a DLC that people have mostly already paid for). Also XY was released on October 12th. 

Failing that I expect the new horses to be shown off instead. 

I thought about that too! The two week notice would be great. oprah2

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

Joe also thinking October seems likely now

the potential of a shadow drop tho? rip3 if it dropped tomorrow i would be so shook omg dead2 

Omg, please don't! I'll work all day tomorrow rip2

Stream is complete. Here's a recap

• Releasing October 22. October 23 in Europe and Japan, indicating that it's probably a late-night release in US, early morning in Europe, late morning in Japan. 
  • Galarian Slowking is officially revealed. Eerie Spell is a new psychic move that drops PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3. It's ability Curious Medicine is an instant Haze when it comes into battle. 
  • Dynamax Adventure uses rental pokemon as you go through the adventure, but you can swap out the rental pokemon for pokemon you catch after each simultaneous raid. All past legendaries return and appear here
  • Ability Patch is a new item allowing regular ability Pokemon to receive their Hidden Ability
  • Galarian Star Tournament is a doubles tournament where you team up with characters from Galar and the expansion pass
  • HOME/GO connectivity is coming, planned before the end of 2020. When you send a pokemon to HOME, you'll receive the Meltan Box in GO. Also you will be able to send a GMAX Melmetal to HOME after connecting for the first time. 
  • SWSH + DLC physical bundle releasing Nov 6. 100 pokeballs for early purchase.
  • P1KACHUGET is available now as a mystery gift code for original cap Pikachu. 

On 9/29/2020 at 8:45 AM, RihannaRTT said:

Stream is complete. Here's a recap

• Releasing October 22. October 23 in Europe and Japan, indicating that it's probably a late-night release in US, early morning in Europe, late morning in Japan. 
  • Galarian Slowking is officially revealed. Eerie Spell is a new psychic move that drops PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3. It's ability Curious Medicine is an instant Haze when it comes into battle. 
  • Dynamax Adventure uses rental pokemon as you go through the adventure, but you can swap out the rental pokemon for pokemon you catch after each simultaneous raid. All past legendaries return and appear here
  • Ability Patch is a new item allowing regular ability Pokemon to receive their Hidden Ability
  • Galarian Star Tournament is a doubles tournament where you team up with characters from Galar and the expansion pass
  • HOME/GO connectivity is coming, planned before the end of 2020. When you send a pokemon to HOME, you'll receive the Meltan Box in GO. Also you will be able to send a GMAX Melmetal to HOME after connecting for the first time. 
  • SWSH + DLC physical bundle releasing Nov 6. 100 pokeballs for early purchase.
  • P1KACHUGET is available now as a mystery gift code for original cap Pikachu. 

I'm buying this tbh

But first i have to finish the damn main game ugh

2D games are an eyesore, I can't stand them. It's why I couldn't get into that Octopath game. There's a fire emblem rip-off coming out next year that seems alright but it looks like a budget Fire Emblem Awakening and that was 8 years ago, so I think it's a no from me. juicy1 

I've been counting down the days for Crown Tundra. It's going so slowly, I wish it would hurry up. I think we'll have a presents on the day it drops so I'm expecting Snap news then too cry1 

3 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

2D games are an eyesore, I can't stand them. It's why I couldn't get into that Octopath game. There's a fire emblem rip-off coming out next year that seems alright but it looks like a budget Fire Emblem Awakening and that was 8 years ago, so I think it's a no from me. juicy1 

I've been counting down the days for Crown Tundra. It's going so slowly, I wish it would hurry up. I think we'll have a presents on the day it drops so I'm expecting Snap news then too cry1 

Octo is so good though, you should give it a go. At least the demo! 

5 minutes ago, Max said:

Octo is so good though, you should give it a go. At least the demo! 

I did last year. That's how I know it wasnt for me. I don't remember if it was purely the 2D or something else as well, but I didn't enjoy it. I see why people did tho

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

I did last year. That's how I know it wasnt for me. I don't remember if it was purely the 2D or something else as well, but I didn't enjoy it. I see why people did tho

Ugh, that sucks.

How are you planning to go into CT? A new play through or an old file?