RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

27 minutes ago, Max said:

The fact that it's a Pokemon Presents and not a Direct tomorrow... I fully expect them to pull another "For news on other Pokemon games, tune in next week for the Direct!". And I can't take it. giveup3

Well that's not gonna happen, obviously. But also it should be noted that presents focus on the whole franchise and not just on Switch games, and also even with the anniversary, it's still unlikely for a game to get announced. It's possible bc of the anniversary, but remakes usually get announced around May. 

If they do get announced, it's likely to be just be logos anyway. Whether or not they get announced tomorrow, they're still happening this year, so it doesnt make a difference

Just now, RihannaRTT said:

Well that's not gonna happen, obviously. But also it should be noted that presents focus on the whole franchise and not just on Switch games, and also even with the anniversary, it's still unlikely for a game to get announced. It's possible bc of the anniversary, but remakes usually get announced around May. 

If they do get announced, it's likely to be just be logos anyway. Whether or not they get announced tomorrow, they're still happening this year, so it doesnt make a difference

I really hope so, I need something new to play. giveup3

Ok the OP is up to date with the information I found. Will update again if I find anything else, and will add trailers and stuff soon. 

First of all Snap is looking better and better each time. It looks so much more in depth with the first one and the editing features are great. I can't wait to play. 

DP remakes were inevitable. I like the artstyle. It's obviously similar art style to Let's Go to keep the same feel of the original. I like that, it allows people to experience a modern take but still feel like the original - and they're providing a completely new Sinnoh game too. It's also important to note that the catching mechanics seem to be traditional, and that you have to battle a Pokemon before catching. My only concern is whether the dex is strictly the 151 regional dex of Diamond and Pearl or whether there's gonna be more. It also seems unlikely now that SWSH will get patched for cross-play, since this doesn't have the same style. I'm expecting megas or some old mechanic to come back bc Im not expecting dmax or raids now. It's a fine enough title, and I'll fairly enjoy it. 

Legends is a real shocker. I have my reservations about things. A lot of things can go wrong with an Open World game but it appears as if the turn-based battle combat still exists so my biggest fear is gone. The other worry is if it turns out to be completely hollow and empty, but hopefully it'll be fine.  I actually prefer DP's art style I think, I never really liked the pastel lighting BOTW had so I'm not super into it. Some screenshots look amazing, some don't. It's interesting to know about the two variants of catching Pokemon they showed on their website which is cool. Early 2022 is crazy and that generally means January to March. This does feel like they'll keep this as another separate main series in addition to the traditional games and Let's Go-like titles. Very interested to know more.

Very happy overall today. Lots of cool things for the future. The next 12 months are stacked. 

Some more information. the Japanese website says that BDSP is 1 person but 2-4 for communication (which confirms multi battles and ergo free for alls yay!). However by comparison Legends states 1 Player. Therefore it's possible Legends won't have online trading or battling functions. But this could change

Just now, RihannaRTT said:

Some more information. the Japanese website says that BDSP is 1 person but 2-4 for communication (which confirms multi battles and ergo free for alls yay!). However by comparison Legends states 1 Player. Therefore it's possible Legends won't have online trading or battling functions. But this could change

I don't expect legends to have a full battling/team building aspect to it tbh. It reminded me a bit of Monster Hunter, wehre you have your hub that you use to accept quests and then you head outside to just do those over and over again. 

Looks boring to me, I hope it'll surprise me. 

6 minutes ago, Max said:

I don't expect legends to have a full battling/team building aspect to it tbh. It reminded me a bit of Monster Hunter, wehre you have your hub that you use to accept quests and then you head outside to just do those over and over again. 

Looks boring to me, I hope it'll surprise me. 

people have been wanting something like this so it's cool that theyre doing it, but as of now, trading and battling is such a big thing for Pokemon that this lowers my expectations of it a bit. And there's no league either, so I'm not really sure of its purpose yet. However the online thing could change and theyve not necessarily said there isnt online so we'll see

OP updated with trailers

Been waiting for a new Snap for over 20 years and its safe to say they delivered. It's mindblowing the amount of content there is. I don't think I'll ever get 1-4 star pics for each Pokemon or complete the requests, I don't have the time and patience for that, but I've registered all 214 Pokemon and I'm working on maxing out all the areas. 

Really hoping for DLC. There are so many things they could do and it does appear that theres missing or cut pokemon in the files so its possible. 

I never used any of the photo features in previous games, so I‘m not sure if I should get this… however I adore the details and ANIMATIONS of the Mons. They look so well made. giveup4 

4 hours ago, Max said:

katy2

This is very cute but also a bad reason for people to complain about graphics when this is clearly an animation and not a game. A lot of false equivalencies with people grasping for straws; the same with Snap. They're two completely different game styles. Snap is gorgeous and beautiful but that's also literally the selling point of the game and 200 pokemon with roughly 6 things to do and completely linear on rails gameplay is not equivalent to a game with 500+ mons and 500+ moves and an actual overworld, story and what have you. Pokemon fans are never happy even when they're getting the remake they wanted AND the open world game they wanted within 4 months of each other rip4 

I actually don't like the BOTW-esque desaturated lighting and it shows up in this video but also so far in the Legends trailer. Ironically this concept kinda looks like Legends in quite a fair few areas dead2 Also I don't know about the accessories thing for individual Pokémon. Feel like it's a slippery slope bc people would want items to show up as accessories but actively showing a pokemon wearing choice scarf or choice band or whatever is VERY bad for competitive. I do think it's possible we'll see megas return for BDSP, possibly with new ones for the Sinnoh starters too. 

On 5/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Max said:

I never used any of the photo features in previous games, so I‘m not sure if I should get this… however I adore the details and ANIMATIONS of the Mons. They look so well made. giveup4 

Did you get Snap? Thought I saw you playing it on Switch the other day nat1 

BTW we were discussing the other day but E3 is June 12 to June 15 and Nintendo will be there. Both LGPE and ORAS had their first major news drops around June , with LGPE having an entire Treehouse footage segment. So I'd say we can expect to see BDSP at E3 for sure - gameplay tbd but very possible. I think E3 is probably the next BDSP news drop and it's unlikely to have anything before. We may also see a DLC for Snap given some of the missing pokemon numbers in the files and as far as I know it's performing well. As for Legends, I don't know. IDK if they'll promote it much until after BDSP releases, maybe a little teaser or follow-up but I don't expect big info on it this year, at least not anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Did you get Snap? Thought I saw you playing it on Switch the other day nat1 

Yes, I did katy2  I haven’t played it much yet, maybe an hour or so.