Jump to content
RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl 2021 | Legends 2022

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Max said:

I probably won't get it but I honestly can't wait for all the coverage. clap4

Same i mean love the original but idk if i would have fun with this one as i had when i was a kid, but still looks amazing and fun 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That account is nothing but a poser that piggybacks on other people's info. Acting like a direct in February is groundbreaking information when its the most obvious thing ever. 

 

However it does seem as if diamondandpearl.pokemon whatever was registered (also legends.pokemon). Do note that they have registered websites before that dont necessarily correlate to their actual project, but DP are the ones next in line so its very likely to be happening regardless.  

 

I imagine the legends.pokemon one will be about mythical distributions like there were in 2016. (Unless they decide to name the DP remakes as Pokemon Legends: Diamond & Pearl which is also a possiblity, but less likely. ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that it's a Pokemon Presents and not a Direct tomorrow... I fully expect them to pull another "For news on other Pokemon games, tune in next week for the Direct!". And I can't take it. giveup3

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Max said:

The fact that it's a Pokemon Presents and not a Direct tomorrow... I fully expect them to pull another "For news on other Pokemon games, tune in next week for the Direct!". And I can't take it. giveup3

Well that's not gonna happen, obviously. But also it should be noted that presents focus on the whole franchise and not just on Switch games, and also even with the anniversary, it's still unlikely for a game to get announced. It's possible bc of the anniversary, but remakes usually get announced around May. 

 

If they do get announced, it's likely to be just be logos anyway. Whether or not they get announced tomorrow, they're still happening this year, so it doesnt make a difference

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RihannaRTT said:

Well that's not gonna happen, obviously. But also it should be noted that presents focus on the whole franchise and not just on Switch games, and also even with the anniversary, it's still unlikely for a game to get announced. It's possible bc of the anniversary, but remakes usually get announced around May. 

 

If they do get announced, it's likely to be just be logos anyway. Whether or not they get announced tomorrow, they're still happening this year, so it doesnt make a difference

I really hope so, I need something new to play. giveup3

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the art style of the DP remakes. Like... I was expecting it to be similar to Let's Go but this is just plain ugly and BORING. Highly considering passing this. sob1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok the OP is up to date with the information I found. Will update again if I find anything else, and will add trailers and stuff soon. 

 

First of all Snap is looking better and better each time. It looks so much more in depth with the first one and the editing features are great. I can't wait to play. 

 

DP remakes were inevitable. I like the artstyle. It's obviously similar art style to Let's Go to keep the same feel of the original. I like that, it allows people to experience a modern take but still feel like the original - and they're providing a completely new Sinnoh game too. It's also important to note that the catching mechanics seem to be traditional, and that you have to battle a Pokemon before catching. My only concern is whether the dex is strictly the 151 regional dex of Diamond and Pearl or whether there's gonna be more. It also seems unlikely now that SWSH will get patched for cross-play, since this doesn't have the same style. I'm expecting megas or some old mechanic to come back bc Im not expecting dmax or raids now. It's a fine enough title, and I'll fairly enjoy it. 

 

Legends is a real shocker. I have my reservations about things. A lot of things can go wrong with an Open World game but it appears as if the turn-based battle combat still exists so my biggest fear is gone. The other worry is if it turns out to be completely hollow and empty, but hopefully it'll be fine.  I actually prefer DP's art style I think, I never really liked the pastel lighting BOTW had so I'm not super into it. Some screenshots look amazing, some don't. It's interesting to know about the two variants of catching Pokemon they showed on their website which is cool. Early 2022 is crazy and that generally means January to March. This does feel like they'll keep this as another separate main series in addition to the traditional games and Let's Go-like titles. Very interested to know more.

 

Very happy overall today. Lots of cool things for the future. The next 12 months are stacked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more information. the Japanese website says that BDSP is 1 person but 2-4 for communication (which confirms multi battles and ergo free for alls yay!). However by comparison Legends states 1 Player. Therefore it's possible Legends won't have online trading or battling functions. But this could change

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RihannaRTT said:

Some more information. the Japanese website says that BDSP is 1 person but 2-4 for communication (which confirms multi battles and ergo free for alls yay!). However by comparison Legends states 1 Player. Therefore it's possible Legends won't have online trading or battling functions. But this could change

I don't expect legends to have a full battling/team building aspect to it tbh. It reminded me a bit of Monster Hunter, wehre you have your hub that you use to accept quests and then you head outside to just do those over and over again. 

 

Looks boring to me, I hope it'll surprise me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Max said:

I don't expect legends to have a full battling/team building aspect to it tbh. It reminded me a bit of Monster Hunter, wehre you have your hub that you use to accept quests and then you head outside to just do those over and over again. 

 

Looks boring to me, I hope it'll surprise me. 

people have been wanting something like this so it's cool that theyre doing it, but as of now, trading and battling is such a big thing for Pokemon that this lowers my expectations of it a bit. And there's no league either, so I'm not really sure of its purpose yet. However the online thing could change and theyve not necessarily said there isnt online so we'll see

 

OP updated with trailers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found this online. Can we add this to the list of reactions?  

omg they can fuck off i just bought it in june

There are many more Pokemon fans on flops of the pop than i thought. I still think they need to improve the stats of many older Pokemon and create a more challenging plot for the next game. Do we know


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×