RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

Just now, RihannaRTT said:

yes theyre really nice. it makes sense now that the stadiums could be for the major gyms which allow dynamax, and then theres like regular gym buildings for minor gyms along the region.

cant wait for the stream cry6 

I hadn’t thought of that wendy1 I’d love that concept if they did it that way

Omg they aren’t playing around with these games-cry8 18 gyms?! It just gets better and better idc but Sword and Shield are beginning to look like iconic games, they might give these other generations a run for their moneycry5 I’m getting shield the day it comes out I’ve decided on shiny hunting for my starter!gaga3 (inb4 the starters are shiny lockedbrit15)

3 hours ago, Lilac said:

Omg they aren’t playing around with these games-cry8 18 gyms?! It just gets better and better idc but Sword and Shield are beginning to look like iconic games, they might give these other generations a run for their moneycry5 I’m getting shield the day it comes out I’ve decided on shiny hunting for my starter!gaga3 (inb4 the starters are shiny lockedbrit15)

They’ve been iconic to me since they were revealed cry6 

Shiny hunting starters reminds me of when my friend who also stans Pokémon came over the day that Sun and Moon came out. He wanted a female starter, so he kept resetting his game until he got one, meanwhile I think I had already reached Ilima’s trial by the time he actually got a female and started. fall8 

UPDATE: There are NOT 18 gyms. 

GameInformer were completely irresponsible and said that there were 18 gyms because "that's the interpretation" they had; and they cut the full quote which actually implied the 18 gyms were just like background lore and the major league / minor league determined which gyms would be playable in the story. It's ridiculous that they haven't apologised and only admitted their mistake at the 25 minute mark of a 3 hour long video. The least they could have done is put an update on their website to explain... 

38 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

UPDATE: There are NOT 18 gyms. 

GameInformer were completely irresponsible and said that there were 18 gyms because "that's the interpretation" they had; and they cut the full quote which actually implied the 18 gyms were just like background lore and the major league / minor league determined which gyms would be playable in the story. It's ridiculous that they haven't apologised and only admitted their mistake at the 25 minute mark of a 3 hour long video. The least they could have done is put an update on their website to explain... 

I had already somewhat assumed all 18 wouldn’t have been playable anyway, so I’m not upset. Still a mess of them to do that though

4 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I had already somewhat assumed all 18 wouldn’t have been playable anyway, so I’m not upset. Still a mess of them to do that though

i'm upset only because GI had reported it. I'm not upset at GF/TPCI and I wouldn't have minded 8 gyms had GI hadn't said 18 out of either irresponsibility or stupidity. 

"IN TERMS OF THE SETTING ITSELF, the BACKGROUND to the story is that there's this Japanese-style J1 and J2; like minor league and major league kind-of concept".

This is nowhere to be seen in the above quote, but it comes right before they said "there are 18 gyms..." - the full quote clearly implies that the 18 gyms story is background lore. Of course they're probably going to claim "GF's translator got it wrong" when they were the ones who cut the quote...

32 minutes ago, Lilac said:

So nothing was revealed yet?brit15

Please be a new bug typecry6

Not officially but I don't think they're revealing anything today. I found it weird that this was happening on Friday-Saturday, so I suppose they're gonna tease us with images like the one above and Impidimp walking across the screen and then update the website tomorrow saying "new pokemon were discovered, check back on monday for the full report" and then we'll see them in a trailer. that's my assumption. 

3 hours ago, Hylia said:

Glimwood Tangle is so beautiful! What are we thinking the one on the right is? I’ve seen people say Galarian Rapidash but it just doesn’t look like that to me.

unidentified.jpg

it is indeed beautiful. i wish it was a biT more active though. Not that I expected 58 new Pokemon, but thought we'd at least have Pikachu running back and forth every 30 mins instead of just one appearance. My first thought was ghost horse, and apparently they played a Ponyta cry at some point so...

51 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Not officially but I don't think they're revealing anything today. I found it weird that this was happening on Friday-Saturday, so I suppose they're gonna tease us with images like the one above and Impidimp walking across the screen and then update the website tomorrow saying "new pokemon were discovered, check back on monday for the full report" and then we'll see them in a trailer. that's my assumption. 

it is indeed beautiful. i wish it was a biT more active though. Not that I expected 58 new Pokemon, but thought we'd at least have Pikachu running back and forth every 30 mins instead of just one appearance. My first thought was ghost horse, and apparently they played a Ponyta cry at some point so...

Yeah I also expected more activity from older Pokemon, but since it’s a 24 hour stream they probably just wanted to space thin out. If that actually is a Galatian Ponyta/Rapidash or a new horse Pokemon, I’ll have no choice but to stan! 

1 minute ago, calethewhalee said:

It’s a weird stream.. like who has the time to just sit there and watch.. haha. I watched for like a minute and got bored. Not that I’m expecting all sorts of new reveals.. but like some more activity would be nice.

i think its coz theyre trying to represent it like its a real thing and this is what it would actually be like. i don't think they're expecting ppl to watch for 24 hours really. I think we'll have a trailer recap on Monday or smth

anyway. beautiful legend. we stan

EGEUFVjU8AAJLWt.jpg

59 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

i think its coz theyre trying to represent it like its a real thing and this is what it would actually be like. i don't think they're expecting ppl to watch for 24 hours really. I think we'll have a trailer recap on Monday or smth

anyway. beautiful legend. we stan

EGEUFVjU8AAJLWt.jpg

Is that they new one? Love her already

12 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Is that they new one? Love her already

yes! Ms Ponyta. But we're wondering if - because she's looked so different in each angle and we never got a clear view - they may also have shown Rapidash and even a baby Ponyta idk. 

So looking at the Galar map, I assume Glimwood Tangle is the forest up around the “fairytale” looking area in the northwest with the big mushrooms and what seems to be a fairy gym. The coloration and unicorn theme of this new Pokémon makes me think it’s a fairy type, so maybe it (or its potential evolution) is the signature Pokémon of the fairy gym leader?