RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

The integration with Go is kinda neat and even though people will scream "DEAD GAME!" it gives you more of an incentive to play it. 

I really hope this isn't a remake of Red/Blue though. I need a new adventure. Hopefully the game will add more gens of pokemon as time goes on, kinda like Go does, cuz having only Gen 1 is boring.

14 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

The integration with Go is kinda neat and even though people will scream "DEAD GAME!" it gives you more of an incentive to play it. 

I really hope this isn't a remake of Red/Blue though. I need a new adventure. Hopefully the game will add more gens of pokemon as time goes on, kinda like Go does, cuz having only Gen 1 is boring.

The ATRL Pokémon thread is doing exactly that. orangu1

Somebody on Twitter confirmed that the game isn't a Red /Blue remake nor is it a Yellow remake. Although the game does take some inspiration from Yellow. I would so be down if Nintendo did that.

9 hours ago, Dookie Quill said:

The ATRL Pokémon thread is doing exactly that. orangu1

Somebody on Twitter confirmed that the game isn't a Red /Blue remake nor is it a Yellow remake. Although the game does take some inspiration from Yellow. I would so be down if Nintendo did that.

It is a remake. Eurogamer are just using different terminology to say it's not a remake. But the official term is an "updated version" that is "reimagined". 

Ultimately a remake with some changes. 

I will update the thread when I'm home. There's a lot to say. 

in the meantime, I will say that overall I am very pleased. There's a few things I would have changed and a few things I'm a little concerned about that I hope will be confirmed soon. But ultimately, looks 400x better than the leaked screenshot and I can't wait to go home to Kanto in HD! 

Will post all my info later

On 8/2/2011 at 1:46 AM, RihannaRTT said:

kid_left.pngIARpkWd.pngkid_right.png

Available On: Nintendo Switch
 Release Date: November 16, 2018

NA Website: https://pokemonletsgo.pokemon.com/en-us/
JP Website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pika_vee/switch/

Confirmed Information

• General Information
    • Directly inspired by - and essentially a re-imagining of - Pokémon Yellow.
    • Marketed as a "core RPG title for everyone" and an "ideal first step" for beginners.
    • Available on November 16th, 2018 for Nintendo Switch.
  • Core Mechanics
    • Wild Pokémon encounters now act like Pokémon GO! Battling with wild Pokémon is no longer available.
    • Trainer battles remain in the same format as prior core-series games.
    • EVs and IVs will be simplified, and there are differences in how you level up, raise and train Pokémon. More details will be revealed in future. 
    • Experience can also still be earned by catching Pokémon and battling trainers. 
    • You will now carry the Pokémon Box with you; allowing you to swap out your party on the go.
  • New and Existing Features
    • A 2-Player mode is available locally by shaking the second Joy-Con. This allows for a second player to support the main player. 
    • Following Pokémon returns. You will automatically ride on the backs of larger-sized Pokémon.
    • There are no HMs but the Alolan "Poké Ride" mechanic has yet to be confirmed.
    • Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions are, as of yet, unconfirmed.
    • There is no confirmation on whether character customization will return.
  • Pokémon Roster
    • Contains the original 151 Pokémon from Pokémon Yellow.
    • Existing Alola Forms of the original 151 Pokémon are included.
    • Cross-gen evolutions such as Umbreon or Munchlax have not been added.
    • One new Pokémon that has never been seen before is included.
    • Version exclusive Pokémon will differ between the two games.
    • You start the game with either Pikachu or Eevee dependant on the version you play. This Pokémon cannot evolve, but can dress up in various outfits. However, Pikachu and Eevee found in the wild can evolve.
  • The Kanto Region
    • The map of the Kanto region is "very close" to what it was in Pokémon Yellow.
    • The Johto region is not included.
    • Pokémon can now be seen and interacted with in the overworld instead of via random encounter.
    • Encounter listings have been altered from all prior Kanto games. 
  • Let's Go Online
    • Currently, there are no plans to utilise the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service - thereby meaning that the online features are currently free-of-charge. 
    • Battling and Trading are available - both locally and online - between "Let's Go" games.
    • No ranked battles are available online.
    • There is currently "No Comment" on whether Pokémon Bank will be compatible with these games. 
  • Connectivity with Pokemon Go
    • Pokémon can be sent from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go; however they will be unable to return. 
    • Transferring a Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go enables you to send gifts to Pokémon Go and allows you to meet a "Special Pokémon". Transferring a lot of Pokémon earns you the ability to play special mini-games and receive other benefits within both games.
    • Shiny Pokémon within Pokémon Go will still be shiny when transferred.
    • Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu with special hats to commemorate Pokémon Go are unable to be transferred.
    • There is no confirmation on how the stats of Pokémon transferred will be calculated. 
    • More surprises will be available to trainers who connect their Pokémon Go and Nintendo Switch accounts.
    • The Poké Ball Plus is an accessory that works as a fully-functional Joy-Con for these games. It allows you to take any Pokémon from these games with you, on-the-go. The accessory will light up, make noise and move around while it holds a Pokémon. Some "other things" will happen by doing this, but more details on that in the future. 

OP updated with all currently known information! 

oh god im super hyped cry1

im not much into swish but i just ordered it with zelda game cos just thought of new poke game makes me imready1

i love so much about new release tho no wild battles worries me lil bit, but that pokeball controller is oprah10

im sure im getting both eevee and pika versions cry1

3 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

oh god im super hyped cry1

im not much into swish but i just ordered it with zelda game cos just thought of new poke game makes me imready1

i love so much about new release tho no wild battles worries me lil bit, but that pokeball controller is oprah10

im sure im getting both eevee and pika versions cry1

There should be no need for worrying when they’re putting in ways to get exp. the only time anyone uses wild battles is early game when you need experience and if they give you it by walking in game then that’ll be fine. The rest of the times everyone just uses a repel anyway