RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

16 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

There should be no need for worrying when they’re putting in ways to get exp. the only time anyone uses wild battles is early game when you need experience and if they give you it by walking in game then that’ll be fine. The rest of the times everyone just uses a repel anyway

i enjoy wild batles tho interesting1

43 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

i enjoy wild batles tho interesting1

they suck

seriously though, no one would seriously use them. you'd use trainer battles to level instead. there's no need for them. (and this way you can just ignore the pokemon)

I do wonder what they'll do with static encounters. if it'll be a simple GO-like catching thing or whether they'll adjust "raid" mechanics into LGPE and have it be harder to catch them somehow???

Ok crisis averted dead4 

Pokemon's website posted the Q&A and they were very specific in asking Masuda if there will be "local wireless" communication between the games. (which there is). But didn't mention about online (except the paid service). 

and i'm like IGN definitely said there'll be online battling and trading right? (i went back to their article and confirmed they did). So I was worried they maybe got it wrong, but then I remembered the leak for LGPE in April - the very first one confirming the title and the game ideas - said it has "an online hub for players". 

so yeah not too worried now moo1 

1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

they suck

seriously though, no one would seriously use them. you'd use trainer battles to level instead. there's no need for them. (and this way you can just ignore the pokemon)

I do wonder what they'll do with static encounters. if it'll be a simple GO-like catching thing or whether they'll adjust "raid" mechanics into LGPE and have it be harder to catch them somehow???

gurl thats your opinion only dead4 only because you dont like it, it doesnt mean other people dont use it or like it dead4

to be completely honest you're the first person i ever meet who criticized it rav1

1 hour ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

gurl thats your opinion only dead4 only because you dont like it, it doesnt mean other people dont use it or like it dead4

to be completely honest you're the first person i ever meet who criticized it rav1

Perhaps it's because I've had time to think about it and realise it's not as bad as it seems. Since I've known about this for 3 weeks now. 

When I first heard about it, I was against the concept, but the more I think about it, the more I come to realise how important it is. Most players don't battle wild Pokemon except in two situations; early game where they need the EXP, or to actively catch a Pokémon for their team - both of which are probably being remedied in some way or other (new ways to get EXP and special "items" like berries or bait/rock to increase catch rate etc). When they get far enough into the game, the majority of players complain about the multitudes of Zubat appearing every 2 steps and having to press "run" every time - or they buy repels. It's a change that I never knew the franchise needed until now. 

If you'd have asked me a month ago, I wouldn't have been so positive about this. But after having time to think it over, I believe it'll be great (if it's done right). 

If anyone wants a game to tide them over till LGPE, there's a fangame called Phoenix Rising which released a beta this past week. It's actually really nice and comfy. 

also Miltank and Tauros very early game ff wig

2 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Perhaps it's because I've had time to think about it and realise it's not as bad as it seems. Since I've known about this for 3 weeks now. 

When I first heard about it, I was against the concept, but the more I think about it, the more I come to realise how important it is. Most players don't battle wild Pokemon except in two situations; early game where they need the EXP, or to actively catch a Pokémon for their team - both of which are probably being remedied in some way or other (new ways to get EXP and special "items" like berries or bait/rock to increase catch rate etc). When they get far enough into the game, the majority of players complain about the multitudes of Zubat appearing every 2 steps and having to press "run" every time - or they buy repels. It's a change that I never knew the franchise needed until now. 

If you'd have asked me a month ago, I wouldn't have been so positive about this. But after having time to think it over, I believe it'll be great (if it's done right). 

Now that you put it into tperspective, I'd wish that the mainline games had a similar mechanic to this fall3 

1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

If anyone wants a game to tide them over till LGPE, there's a fangame called Phoenix Rising which released a beta this past week. It's actually really nice and comfy. 

also Miltank and Tauros very early game ff wig

Who did you picked for your starter? jj2 Have you completed the demo already?

10 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Now that you put it into tperspective, I'd wish that the mainline games had a similar mechanic to this fall3 

yeah, i think people just need to accept the change and think openly about it. it can work as long as there's extra things in place. 

I feel like the gen 8 games might actually include it even though as of now, they're saying it'll be "traditional", but when PLGE smashes records, they'll quickly be able to say "because of the overwhelming reaction, we are including this in the gen 8 games at the last minute" (albeit it was planned from the start)

10 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Who did you picked for your starter? jj2 Have you completed the demo already?

Staryu! Starmie is my 3rd fave Pokemon so I couldn't not do it giveup1 

I am in Route 2; just beat Perrin. Staryu and Cutiefly are my current team; both lv12. 

Gonna go back and catch all the Pokemon I missed tomorrow - found everything in R1 and missing riolu in the ranch. There are Eevee and Budew in R2 according the pokedex numbering but i havent found them; I WANT BOTH THO alex1 

Starmie

Espeon

Roserade (wait isn't this like a regional variant in this game? wig?)

Ribombee

WIG alex1 

7 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

yeah, i think people just need to accept the change and think openly about it. it can work as long as there's extra things in place. 

I feel like the gen 8 games might actually include it even though as of now, they're saying it'll be "traditional", but when PLGE smashes records, they'll quickly be able to say "because of the overwhelming reaction, we are including this in the gen 8 games at the last minute" (albeit it was planned from the start)

I've heard somewhere else that they're planning to have casual games alongside more "traditional" ones. It also feels more natural, you can see them walk alongside the world instead of a rng encounter. They're were also very clever by combining the Pokémon GO audiences into the other games because lbr much of the Pokémon Go players are very young and have no idea that they're other game beside that one. I wouldn't mind if they changed the pokémon battles yas2 

12 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Staryu! Starmie is my 3rd fave Pokemon so I couldn't not do it giveup1 

I am in Route 2; just beat Perrin. Staryu and Cutiefly are my current team; both lv12. 

Gonna go back and catch all the Pokemon I missed tomorrow - found everything in R1 and missing riolu in the ranch. There are Eevee and Budew in R2 according the pokedex numbering but i havent found them; I WANT BOTH THO alex1 

Starmie

Espeon

Roserade (wait isn't this like a regional variant in this game? wig?)

Ribombee

WIG alex1 

I also chose Staryu jj2 I saw the Mega Starmie stripe and had to snatch that gay icon yas2 I am at the last zone in the demo (it's the desert I can't remember the name), my team is Staryu and Riolu (lv 20+ both). I just caught a Pumpkaboo and I'm still training it. Yeah, you can get Eevee's pretty regularly, remember that for Espeon you can get a soothe bell before entering the swamp area! I heard that you can get the Relic Budew close to the end of the demo but I haven't found that yet

7 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I've heard somewhere else that they're planning to have casual games alongside more "traditional" ones. It also feels more natural, you can see them walk alongside the world instead of a rng encounter. They're were also very clever by combining the Pokémon GO audiences into the other games because lbr much of the Pokémon Go players are very young and have no idea that they're other game beside that one. I wouldn't mind if they changed the pokémon battles yas2 

I also chose Staryu jj2 I saw the Mega Starmie stripe and had to snatch that gay icon yas2 I am at the last zone in the demo (it's the desert I can't remember the name), my team is Staryu and Riolu (lv 20+ both). I just caught a Pumpkaboo and I'm still training it. Yeah, you can get Eevee's pretty regularly, remember that for Espeon you can get a soothe bell before entering the swamp area! I heard that you can get the Relic Budew close to the end of the demo but I haven't found that yet

Well I mean. They said that Gen 8 is coming in 2019 and the implication is that it'll be traditional. However... there's nothing to say they won't include these features when the games become a raging success. 

But yes @ GO players. I got a 3DS for my niece 2 years ago coz she was very into GO. But she's fucking clueless when it comes to Pokemon Moon; she just gives up if she can't figure out something. kids nowadays I... 

and Pokemon Battling (against trainers) is the one thing they should never change (and I don't think they ever will coz they know the battling is what makes the franchise). Everything else is fine but trainer battles are the essence of the franchise. 

I'm gonna play Phoenix Rising again tonight. Probably gonna go back and catch everything up till this point. and yes Espeon is the aim; both my 2nd and 3rd faves on my team whew. I really like the game and my only real complaint is the terrible lag just now meg1 

Gonna post this new update here:

There has been confusion going around regarding Pokémon Let's Go PIikachu & Let's Go Eevee's online features with some outlets saying it lacks it, some saying it doesn't and some questioning if it'd use Nintendo's Online Subscription. In light of this, Famitsu has obtained some clarification regarding it stating that it will have online battles and trades, will require a Nintendo Switch Online subscription and lacks features such as GTS, Battle Spot and Wonder Trade. The Pokémon Company states that the online is to be simplified

No Battle Spot, GTS and Wonder Trade was to be expected. There's no need for the GTS when you can transfer through GO (except for trade evos and I mean, you can trade with a friend which is more reliable anyway). Wonder Trade is a sad loss but then again, when there's only 150 Pokemon, everyone will only get Pidgey and Rattata from it so it'd be useless anyway. And we already knew there'd be no ranked battles. 

"will require a NS-Online Subscription" is... contradictory to what TPCI states on their website where Ishihara says there's no plans to use it right now... so wondering if this is an older interview or just written wrongly. I'll edit the OP to say that sources differ on this for now. 

"online to be simplified" hopefully means Festival Plaza is deleted completely! ayumi1 

15 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Well I mean. They said that Gen 8 is coming in 2019 and the implication is that it'll be traditional. However... there's nothing to say they won't include these features when the games become a raging success. 

But yes @ GO players. I got a 3DS for my niece 2 years ago coz she was very into GO. But she's fucking clueless when it comes to Pokemon Moon; she just gives up if she can't figure out something. kids nowadays I... 

and Pokemon Battling (against trainers) is the one thing they should never change (and I don't think they ever will coz they know the battling is what makes the franchise). Everything else is fine but trainer battles are the essence of the franchise. 

I'm gonna play Phoenix Rising again tonight. Probably gonna go back and catch everything up till this point. and yes Espeon is the aim; both my 2nd and 3rd faves on my team whew. I really like the game and my only real complaint is the terrible lag just now meg1 

my problem with battling is that I haven't really liked that current gimmicks that they introduced in the last two gen games. I am seriously not a fan of mega evolutions because not every pokémon has one, not sure if every game has all the mega stones and once a pokémon has a mega evolutions it practically confirms that that pokémon will no longer have a normal evolution fall3 and Z moves are more flashy than important to me. I'd much rather have cross gen evolutions back because at least some mons will become more useful. 

That's the tea, people like to shit on GO but it REVIVED the franchise rav1 I'm sure that SM wouldn't be as big as it was without the enormous success of GO so borrowing elements of it is absolutely JUSTIFIED. 

Pro tip about Phoenix Rising, save your game frequently and hit F12 to restart the game. It annoying having to do it every 5 mins but cuts off the lag for me jj2 I am very interested in this game and I absolutely cannot wait to see how my actions will affect the story (the wait for another update will be useful to level up a few mons, because I wanna defeat the lv 30 mon on the forest) jj2 

9 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

my problem with battling is that I haven't really liked that current gimmicks that they introduced in the last two gen games. I am seriously not a fan of mega evolutions because not every pokémon has one, not sure if every game has all the mega stones and once a pokémon has a mega evolutions it practically confirms that that pokémon will no longer have a normal evolution fall3 and Z moves are more flashy than important to me. I'd much rather have cross gen evolutions back because at least some mons will become more useful. 

That's the tea, people like to shit on GO but it REVIVED the franchise rav1 I'm sure that SM wouldn't be as big as it was without the enormous success of GO so borrowing elements of it is absolutely JUSTIFIED. 

Pro tip about Phoenix Rising, save your game frequently and hit F12 to restart the game. It annoying having to do it every 5 mins but cuts off the lag for me jj2 I am very interested in this game and I absolutely cannot wait to see how my actions will affect the story (the wait for another update will be useful to level up a few mons, because I wanna defeat the lv 30 mon on the forest) jj2 

a lot of pokemon don't even need them. I'm ok with legendaries and starters getting them even if they're already overpowered because those are for sales. Lucario was never great so that's fair; but like Tyranitar, Salamence and Garchomp did NOT need it when Kingdra etc could have used it instead. rav1 But I love them in general. And I like Z-Moves too; they took the gems and made them better; it's more interesting to see Heatran now have a Bloom Doom when in the past that came from Solarbeam and would need 2 turns to hit something. 

GO is... a cute girl. But what you said is true. Wouldn't say it revived it considering Pokemon X and Y are the biggest selling 3DS games still, I believe?. But it definitely created Pokemania and added some interest in Sun and Moon. 

I'm aware mad1 I beat the lv30 mon with a Tail Whip + Sand Attack Eevee at lv15 mad1. BTW there's not much after; a rare candy, a beach area with just some hidden items really. 

3 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

a lot of pokemon don't even need them. I'm ok with legendaries and starters getting them even if they're already overpowered because those are for sales. Lucario was never great so that's fair; but like Tyranitar, Salamence and Garchomp did NOT need it when Kingdra etc could have used it instead. rav1 But I love them in general. And I like Z-Moves too; they took the gems and made them better; it's more interesting to see Heatran now have a Bloom Doom when in the past that came from Solarbeam and would need 2 turns to hit something. 

GO is... a cute girl. But what you said is true. Wouldn't say it revived it considering Pokemon X and Y are the biggest selling 3DS games still, I believe?. But it definitely created Pokemania and added some interest in Sun and Moon. 

I'm aware mad1 I beat the lv30 mon with a Tail Whip + Sand Attack Eevee at lv15 mad1. BTW there's not much after; a rare candy, a beach area with just some hidden items really. 

I am looking at my queen Miss Meganium because she deserves a mega evolution but Gayfreak will always ignore the first true gay pokéicon fall3 Another problem I have with Z Moves is that it doesn't really bring much strategy to the battles. All that I've seen is people using it to finish off a pokémon, it should have more more scheme to it.

I genuinely believe that GO brought the bulk of the franchise back in action, (X&Y have 16.29 million sales vs. SM 16.10 million). Maybe because it has been a while since X & Y debuted so it's impact has kinda faded but GO delivered RGBY level of importance back to the public eye. Something that all the other games haven't managed to succeed. 

BTW can you capture it? a lv 30 pokémon should be kinda useful for the next major update mad1 

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I am looking at my queen Miss Meganium because she deserves a mega evolution but Gayfreak will always ignore the first true gay pokéicon fall3 Another problem I have with Z Moves is that it doesn't really bring much strategy to the battles. All that I've seen is people using it to finish off a pokémon, it should have more more scheme to it.

I genuinely believe that GO brought the bulk of the franchise back in action, (X&Y have 16.29 million sales vs. SM 16.10 million). Maybe because it has been a while since X & Y debuted so it's impact has kinda faded but GO delivered RGBY level of importance back to the public eye. Something that all the other games haven't managed to succeed. 

BTW can you capture it? a lv 30 pokémon should be kinda useful for the next major update mad1 

You what sis? You know that status Z-moves are very important. Z-Splash being +3 atk, Z-Hypnosis being +1 speed, Z-Celebrate being +1 all stats, Z-Stockpile (?) restoring all HP. Watch VGC; Z-Moves are a lot more important than just one-off nukes - but that is an option. And there's definitely a lot of strategy in using things like Bloom Doom on a Heatran when otherwise you wouldn't have a useful grass-type move. Timing is important coz if you do it wrong, you're screwed. 

Eh in a sense but XY's sales were boosted by it to - a little bit. But XY is declining less than SM is now. GO definitely did a lot though. 

You can't capture it. It's in a rage or w/e was the excuse

Gamespot:

"Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee will have online play functionality. Battling and trading with other players over the Internet or locally will be available in these games. However, the feature set will be somewhat simplified in comparison to previous games in that there is no GTS, Wonder Trade, or Battle Spot (Rating Battle, Free Battle, and Online Competition, etc.) for example. Further details will be revealed at a later date. An active membership for the Nintendo Switch Online service, which is scheduled to begin in September of this year, will be required to access these features."

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-require-switch-s/1100-6459347/

The first two we already knew but it's good to finally get some confirmation since Ishihara initially said they wouldn't use the paid online service and then Famitsu said otherwise. (Famitsu won). 

Speaking of Famitsu; there's a 20 page spread about the games in this month's magazine. I don't know if there's anything new yet there but as of now, this is information that's been revealed. From Serebii:

He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new and not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon.

Source: https://www.serebii.net/

So y'all can stop worrying if you don't like the game. As it stands, it's not affecting next year's games. (Also them stating it'll be much better graphics lowkey confirms LGPE was meant for 3DS but moved to Switch coz of the "why is USUM not Stars even though they're the same thing" meme backlash. 

Gonna update the OP with the paid online thing.