RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

10 hours ago, Hylia said:

Concerning the leaks from last month that contained information that was confirmed by the direct

Hide contents

They mentioned that Eternatus was the “evil legendary,” and at first I was curious what that would entail, but then I remembered that Evil is just the Dark type’s name in Japan. Either way, I’m intrigued to learn more.

the wind picks up in the zacian/zamazenta trailer so most likely the pokemon that's gonna appear there. 

On 8/2/2011 at 1:46 AM, RihannaRTT said:

logo-pokemon-sword.pnglogo-pokemon-shield.png

Available On: Nintendo Switch
 Release Date: November 15, 2019

NA Website: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/
JP Website: https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sword_shield/

Confirmed Information

• General Information
    • The first main series game from the 8th Generation of Pokemon. 
    • Available on November 15th, 2019 for Nintendo Switch.
    • A special double-pack containing both games is also available to pre-order now.
  • Core Battle Mechanics
    • Wild Pokemon encounters are available both on the overworld and via random encounters (signalled by a question mark).
    • You can attract wild Pokemon by whistling. Attracted Pokemon will charge towards you.
    • Wild battles return in the same vein as Ultra Sun and Moon.
    • Trainer Battles remain in the same format as all prior core-series games.
    • Experience is earned in the same vein as Ultra Sun and Moon, and the Key Item "EXP. Share" returns.
    • New Moves and Abilities have been confirmed.
    • Dynamax is a new phenomenon in which Pokemon may grow in size and become stronger with powerful MAX moves.
      • This mechanic can be used on any Pokemon, but only within certain areas like Gyms, Max Raid Battles and Online Play.
      • Dynamax can only be used once per battle and the Pokemon reverts to regular form after three turns.
      • Dynamax seems to increase HP by 50%. Other stat increases have also been hinted at. 
      • It was briefly said at E3 Treehouse that Dynamax "replaces" Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. However the use of the word "replace" is open-ended so this may not be fully true. 
      • Each Pokemon has a "Dynamax Level", although it's still unclear what this does. 
    • Max Moves are moves only usable by Dynamaxed Pokemon and instantly replace all regular moves when Dynamaxed.
      • All damaging moves turn into the MAX Move of their type, i.e all damaging Water-Moves become Max Geyser.
      • Some, perhaps all, damaging MAX Moves have a secondary side effect such as Max Geyser activating Rain Dance.
      • All status moves regardless of type turn into Max Guard.
    • Max Raid Battles are a new battle mechanic within the Wild Area.
      • Max Raid Battles work with groups of four players; either locally or online. If you are unable to match four players, AI partners will appear to help you.
      • Each player chooses one Pokemon to battle against a wild Dynamaxed Pokemon.
      • One Pokemon from the team of four may Dynamax during battle. The option of who can Dynamax changes each turn. 
      • If a player is knocked out during battle, they will be able to "cheer" their allies, resulting in various bonuses for the team.
      • Dynamaxed Opponents in Max Raid Battles will not revert after three turns and have even greater bonuses; such as the ability to attack multiple times in a turn and erect a protective barrier. 
      • Max Raid Battles usually have a time limit or other restrictions that will result in failure.
      • Successfully defeating the Pokemon rewards all players with item rewards and with a chance to catch the Pokemon.
      • The weather within the Wild Area can determine which Pokemon you'll end up facing here.
  • New and Existing Features
    • Gyms return from Let's Go. These gyms are unique in that the first area of the gym is the "puzzle" and the second area is a stadium with a face-off against the gym leader and their Dynamaxed Pokemon.
    • Rotom is no longer in the Pokedex, but inside your mobile phone; the Rotom Phone, which encompasses many features including the Pokedex.
    • The Bike returns and is powered up through the use of the Rotom Phone.
    • PokeRide seems to return in the vein of Corviknight who acts as the "Fly" HM for the player. However other Pokerides have been replaced by the powered-up Bike (which can traverse water).
    • You can shake trees in the otherworld to collect berries.
    • The Trainer's Eye feature, type effectiveness and stat boost battle screens all return from Ultra Sun and Moon. 
    • The fishing rod returns.
    • Trainer customization has returned.
    • The Wild Area is a brand new world within the Pokemon Universe and a focal point of Pokemon Sword and Shield
      • This area acts like a semi-open world region in the middle of Galar where you can freely explore the area
      • There are many different Pokemon living in different parts of the Wild Area. The weather can also change what Pokemon appears.
      • New natural weather conditions have been introduced here including Thunderstorm; a phenomenon which combines the powers of Rain Dance and Electric Terrain. 
      • You can find high-level Pokemon here from the start and may choose to battle them, however you won't be able to catch the high-level Pokemon till later in the game. (Most likely when you have more gym badges)
      • Whilst in the Wild Area, you can control the camera freely, allowing you to explore areas never reached before.
    • The Pokeball Plus accessory can be used with Sword and Shield to transfer a Pokemon from the games into the Pokeball and take it with you and earn extra bonuses, just like with the Let's Go games. 
  • Pokémon Roster
    • Currently, the Galar Regional Dex sits at 170 Pokemon with many more to be confirmed in future.
    • The Galar Regional Dex will contain both old and new Pokemon.
    • The new starter Pokemon are Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble.
    • The new legendary Pokemon are Zacian and Zamazenta
    • Other new Pokemon include the following:
      • Wooloo - The normal-type sheep Pokemon.
      • Gossifleur and Eldegoss - Grass-type pokemon based on flowers.
      • Drednaw - a water and rock-type Pokemon known for its bite moves.
      • Corviknight - a steel and flying Pokemon that flies the player to cities they've been before.
      • Impidimp - The very first dark/fairy type Pokemon, showcased at the E3 Floor Demo
      • Yamper - an electric type corgi who gets pampered a lot. Also shown at the E3 Floor Demo.
    • The Mythical Pokemon Mew can be added to the game by connecting a new Pokeball Plus accessory to Sword and Shield.
  • The Galar Region
    • The Galar Region is based off of the United Kingdom.
    • The region consists of many traditional cities and routes similar to past Pokemon titles, but also contains the Wild Area, creating a dynamic split in various areas of the game.
    • The professor is Professor Magnolia, who is assisted by her grand-daughter Sonia.
    • The rival character is called Hop.
    • The Galar champion is called Leon and is Hop's older brother. He uses a Charizard.
    • Gyms return from Let's Go but are revamped into massive-sized stadiums fit for Dynamax battles.
      • Milo is the Grass-type Gym Leader who uses an Eldegoss.
      • Nessa is the Water-type Gym Leader who uses a Drednaw.
  • Let's Go Online
    • A paid Nintendo Switch Online Service subscription will be required for online play. 
    • Battling, Trading, Max Raid Battles and other features are available both locally and online through the new Y-Comm system.
    • A new subscription service known as Pokemon HOME will be released early 2020.
      • Pokemon HOME allows you to transfer Pokemon one-way from Let's Go, Pokemon Bank and Pokemon GO into Pokemon HOME.
      • Pokemon HOME allows two-way transfer between Pokemon Sword and Shield. However, currently, only Pokemon within the Galar Dex can be transferred into Sword and Shield. 
      • Players can access Pokemon HOME on their mobile devices and trade with others through this app on-the-go.

On 8/2/2011 at 2:12 AM, RihannaRTT said:

Trailers

Reveal hidden contents

New Pokemon

Reveal hidden contents

Grookey ArtworkScorbunny ArtworkSobble ArtworkWooloo ArtworkGossifleur ArtworkEldegoss ArtworkDrednaw ArtworkCorviknight ArtworkZacian ArtworkZamazenta ArtworkYamper ArtworkImpidimp Artwork

On 8/2/2011 at 2:20 AM, RihannaRTT said:

Friend Codes

FOTP Events

Finally took the time to update the first few posts of the thread. If I've missed anything important let me know. There's already a lot more to write than Let's Go. Included the trailers and the new Pokemon arts in the 2nd posts, and if people want to start posting you friend codes for the Nintendo Switch plz do and I'll add you!!

The Treehouse footage was wild! Everything about the game itself is utterly fantastic and I think it's going to be their best game to date, and without a doubt the best region to date. The situation with HOME is a little unfortunate, but not a big deal. It sounds like they havent actually coded in the non-Galar Dex mons into the game, and I think considering we got the Wild Area and other amazing things (and its only June), if they spent their time retexturing and coding in those mons, then we probably wouldn't have had a wild area. So gen 4 stans can live without their ugly Pokemon for a year xoxo. 

Think they'll all be in A game by next November, whether its patches to Sword and Shield or just a Diamond/Pearl remake or something. Patches would be an incredibly smart idea because you could force players to actually continually play the game if they want to unlock those mons. The longevity it would create would be insane. 

The Wild Area remains exceptional and the mechanics of "you can find high lv Pokemon and get destroyed by them but not catch them yet" is perfect. Just what I wanted from it. And the rest of the game looks great. 

Next news drop? Maybe Corocoro?

10 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Finally took the time to update the first few posts of the thread. If I've missed anything important let me know. There's already a lot more to write than Let's Go. Included the trailers and the new Pokemon arts in the 2nd posts, and if people want to start posting you friend codes for the Nintendo Switch plz do and I'll add you!!

The Treehouse footage was wild! Everything about the game itself is utterly fantastic and I think it's going to be their best game to date, and without a doubt the best region to date. The situation with HOME is a little unfortunate, but not a big deal. It sounds like they havent actually coded in the non-Galar Dex mons into the game, and I think considering we got the Wild Area and other amazing things (and its only June), if they spent their time retexturing and coding in those mons, then we probably wouldn't have had a wild area. So gen 4 stans can live without their ugly Pokemon for a year xoxo. 

Think they'll all be in A game by next November, whether its patches to Sword and Shield or just a Diamond/Pearl remake or something. Patches would be an incredibly smart idea because you could force players to actually continually play the game if they want to unlock those mons. The longevity it would create would be insane. 

The Wild Area remains exceptional and the mechanics of "you can find high lv Pokemon and get destroyed by them but not catch them yet" is perfect. Just what I wanted from it. And the rest of the game looks great. 

Next news drop? Maybe Corocoro?

When are we expecting a Corocoro leak?

While I understand people’s sentiments towards not all older Pokémon being in these games, I’m personally not bothered. Galar already looks like it’s gonna have an incredible variety and the new Pokémon are all amazing so far. I can’t wait wait to see Yamper and Impidimp’s official artwork. oprah2 

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

When are we expecting a Corocoro leak?

I wasn't sure but Joe says nothing there welp. So next update; end of June/early July

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

While I understand people’s sentiments towards not all older Pokémon being in these games, I’m personally not bothered. Galar already looks like it’s gonna have an incredible variety and the new Pokémon are all amazing so far. I can’t wait wait to see Yamper and Impidimp’s official artwork. oprah2 

I agree. I get it but think the outrage is silly when tbh you wouldn't be able to use the pokemon until early 2020 anyway so what difference does it make? lol 

The rest of the game looks amazing, so idc that much. It'd be nice if they added the non-regional mons into the dex with max raid events but otherwise im not bothered. 

Famitsu confirms that they've haven't decided for or against using patches yet. Meaning they were likely waiting till the reception from E3, so I'd imagine they'll start thinking about it now and do patches over the next year. 

Also confirms that Dynamax replaces Megas and Z-Moves, although not clear if the forms for the mega Pokemon still exist (ie when dynamaxed) or if they're removed. I think that's great and reduces the amount of battle gimmicks by just combining them into one. 

I think Famitsu made it clear they were waiting for a reaction and then were deciding what to do afterwards. However people REALLY need to stop blaming GameFreak when things come down to time constraints. It's not their decision to move the game, it's Nintendo. GameFreak can't really force their hand coz Nintendo is far too powerful. I'm sure now they're either going to try and patch things in over the next year or have all mons included in the follow-up game. 

5 hours ago, Hylia said:

And with that said, will CoroCoro at least give us Yamper and Impidimp’s official artwork? I really want them. 😩

Corocoro is out so probably not moo1 I hope they'll start giving us "next trailer on this date" at the end of future directs like they did with Sun and Moon so we knew when it would be coming. 

An update on Max Moves:

Max Spark turns into 120BP with electric terrain setup. (Z-Spark was pure 120BP)

Max Wild Charge turns into 130BP with ET Setup. (Z-Wild Charge was 175BP)

So looks like powerful moves get less of a boost this time around whereas weaker moves get balanced higher, which is great. Sure obviously, you're still better running Wild Charge but it makes it less of a nuke now and if a pokemon ONLY got Spark, then it's not a dead-end for it. 

This tweet also hints that there's a change in the way terrain affects Pokemon - activating at the beginning of the turn instead of the end.

Finally we have confirmation that Dynamax ONLY increases the HP stat instead of all stats by 50%... at BASE level. However the Dynamax Level thing is still unclear and this could also end up boosting other stats instead. 

It's a shame that Masters is in real time, but I'd rather they ruin it than the main series games so that's fine. It'll be cute for a while if you're out n about and doing nothing, but mobile games are never gonna be a standard game, and that's ok. The animated trailer was great. 

im fucking shook omg everything is perfect

allister is so precious!!!! we need to save him. Shield WON

and on that note, omg version exclusive gyms. a FIRST. yeah we had ugly old man and queen Iris before but they were basically the same; both still with the same Pokemon and a Dragon gym. These gyms are entirely different, im shaking. 

Giga(nta)maxing is great. Corviknight's Gigaform has me SHOOK. He needed the design upgrade and he got one omg. 

Got a lot to work on for the OP from this but I'll do my best later today

39 minutes ago, Liquid Love said:

Allister is my favourite omg 

he is so adorable honestly cry2 and his description cry8 

Allister is a talented Trainer of Ghost-type Pokémon who has taken on the mantle of the Ghost-type Gym Leader at a young age. He’s extremely shy and fearful, and he always hides his face with a mask when around other people. He rarely makes public appearances and apparently spends most of his time around ruins or in cemeteries.

cry8 

Alcremie is the fucking queen of POP! There isn’t a single Pokemon so far I’ve disliked, and same with the gym leaders. Allister is an absolute LEGEND. I’m loving the version exclusive gyms, and Bea also looks iconic. Gigantamax looks incredible as well. oprah2 

On 8/2/2011 at 1:46 AM, RihannaRTT said:

logo-pokemon-sword.pnglogo-pokemon-shield.png

Available On: Nintendo Switch
 Release Date: November 15, 2019

NA Website: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/
JP Website: https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sword_shield/

Confirmed Information

• General Information
    • The first main series game from the 8th Generation of Pokemon. 
    • Available on November 15th, 2019 for Nintendo Switch.
    • A special double-pack containing both games is also available to pre-order now.
    • Pre-order bonuses are available for different formats of the game.
  • Core Battle Mechanics
    • Wild Pokemon encounters are available both on the overworld and via random encounters (signalled by a question mark).
    • You can attract wild Pokemon by whistling. Attracted Pokemon will charge towards you.
    • Wild battles return in the same vein as Ultra Sun and Moon.
    • Trainer Battles remain in the same format as all prior core-series games.
    • Experience is earned in the same vein as Ultra Sun and Moon, and the Key Item "EXP. Share" returns.
    • New Moves and Abilities have been confirmed.
    • Dynamax is a new phenomenon in which Pokemon may grow in size and become stronger with powerful Max moves.
      • This mechanic can be used on any Pokemon, but only within certain areas like Gyms, Max Raid Battles and Online Play.
      • Dynamax can only be used once per battle and the Pokemon reverts to regular form after three turns.
      • Dynamax seems to increase HP by 50%.
      • Dynamax replaces Mega Evolution and Z-Moves.
      • Each Pokemon has a "Dynamax Level", although it's still unclear what this does. 
    • Gigantamaxing is an advanced form of Dynamax usable only by some Pokemon
      • This mechanic is only available to some species of Pokemon, but also limited to only rare variants of the species.
      • Gigantamaxing works similar to Dynamaxing, although with a few notable changes
      • Gigantamaxed Pokemon have a different appearance to their regular counterparts
      • Each Gigantamax Pokemon has a unique G-Max Move, exclusive to that species of Pokemon.
    • Max Moves are moves only usable by Dynamaxed Pokemon and instantly replace all regular moves when Dynamaxed.
      • All damaging moves turn into the Max Move of their type, i.e all damaging Water-Moves become Max Geyser.
      • Similarly to Z-Moves, the power of damaging Max Moves varies based on the original move used.
      • Some, perhaps all, damaging Max Moves have a secondary side effect such as Max Geyser activating Rain Dance.
      • All status moves regardless of type turn into Max Guard.
      • G-Max Moves work similarly to Signature Z-Moves (like Stoked Sparksurfer). These moves are exclusive to the selected Pokemon, and activate based on a certain type of regular base move. 
    • Max Raid Battles are a new battle mechanic within the Wild Area.
      • Max Raid Battles work with groups of four players; either locally or online. If you are unable to match four players, AI partners will appear to help you.
      • Each player chooses one Pokemon to battle against a wild Dynamaxed Pokemon.
      • One Pokemon from the team of four may Dynamax during battle. The option of who can Dynamax changes each turn. 
      • If a player is knocked out during battle, they will be able to "cheer" their allies, resulting in various bonuses for the team.
      • Dynamaxed Opponents in Max Raid Battles will not revert after three turns and have even greater bonuses; such as the ability to attack multiple times in a turn and erect a protective barrier. 
      • Max Raid Battles usually have a time limit or other restrictions that will result in failure.
      • Successfully defeating the Pokemon rewards all players with item rewards and with a chance to catch the Pokemon.
      • The weather within the Wild Area can determine which Pokemon you'll end up facing here.
      • Rare species of certain Pokemon which have the ability to Gigantamax can be caught in Max Raid Battles.
      • A new item known as a Dynamax Crystal enables special Max Raid Battles to be fought. The full details regarding Dynamax Crystals are currently unknown. 
  • New and Existing Features
    • Gyms return from Let's Go. These gyms are unique in that the first area of the gym is the "puzzle" and the second area is a stadium with a face-off against the gym leader and their Dynamaxed Pokemon. This is known as "The Gym Challenge". 
    • "The Champion Cup" is a new feature with a new way to challenge the champion. Trainers from around the region will battle it out to determine which trainer gets a shot at battling the league champion, broadcast on national TV. 
    • Rotom is no longer in the Pokedex, but inside your mobile phone; the Rotom Phone, which encompasses many features including the Pokedex.
    • The Bike returns and is powered up through the use of the Rotom Phone.
    • PokeRide seems to return in the vein of Corviknight who acts as the "Fly" HM for the player. However other Pokerides have been replaced by the powered-up Bike (which can traverse water).
    • You can shake trees in the overworld to collect berries.
    • The Trainer's Eye feature, type effectiveness and stat boost battle screens all return from Ultra Sun and Moon. 
    • The fishing rod returns.
    • Trainer customization has returned.
    • The Wild Area is a brand new world within the Pokemon Universe and a focal point of Pokemon Sword and Shield
      • This area acts like a semi-open world region in the middle of Galar where you can freely explore the area
      • There are many different Pokemon living in different parts of the Wild Area. The weather can also change what Pokemon appears.
      • New natural weather conditions have been introduced here including Thunderstorm; a phenomenon which combines the powers of Rain Dance and Electric Terrain. 
      • You can find high-level Pokemon here from the start and may choose to battle them, however you won't be able to catch the high-level Pokemon till later in the game. (Most likely when you have more gym badges)
      • Whilst in the Wild Area, you can control the camera freely, allowing you to explore areas never reached before.
    • The Pokeball Plus accessory can be used with Sword and Shield to transfer a Pokemon from the games into the Pokeball and take it with you and earn extra bonuses, just like with the Let's Go games. 
  • Pokémon Roster
    • Currently, the Galar Regional Dex sits at over 170 Pokemon with many more to be confirmed in future.
    • The Galar Regional Dex will contain both old and new Pokemon.
    • The new starter Pokemon are Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble.
    • The new legendary Pokemon are Zacian and Zamazenta.
    • Other new Pokemon include the following:
      • Wooloo - The normal-type sheep Pokemon.
      • Gossifleur and Eldegoss - Grass-type pokemon based on flowers.
      • Drednaw - a water and rock-type Pokemon known for its bite moves.
      • Corviknight - a steel and flying Pokemon that flies the player to cities they've been before.
      • Impidimp - The very first dark/fairy type Pokemon, showcased at the E3 Floor Demo
      • Yamper - an electric type corgi who gets pampered a lot. Also shown at the E3 Floor Demo.
      • Alcremie - a fairy type Pokemon based off of a whipped cream dessert.
      • Rolycoly - a rock-type Pokemon based off a piece of coal used to light up a mine.
      • Duraludon - a steel and dragon-type Pokemon that often fights with Tyranitar in caves and mountain ranges. 
    • Rare species of some Pokemon within the Galar Region are able to Gigantamax. These Pokemon include:
      • Drednaw, Corviknight and Alcremie. 
    • The Mythical Pokemon Mew can be added to the game by connecting a new Pokeball Plus accessory to Sword and Shield.
  • The Galar Region
    • The Galar Region is based off of the United Kingdom.
    • The region consists of many traditional cities and routes similar to past Pokemon titles, but also contains the Wild Area, creating a dynamic split in various areas of the game.
    • The professor is Professor Magnolia, who is assisted by her grand-daughter Sonia.
    • The rival character is called Hop.
    • The Galar champion is called Leon and is Hop's older brother. He uses a Charizard.
    • Gyms return from Let's Go but are revamped into massive-sized stadiums fit for Dynamax battles known as The Gym Challenge
      • Milo is the Grass-type Gym Leader who uses an Eldegoss.
      • Nessa is the Water-type Gym Leader who uses a Drednaw.
      • Bea is a fighting-type Gym Leader exclusive to Pokemon Sword. She uses a Hitmontop.
      • Allister is a Ghost-type Gym Leader exclusive to Pokemon Shield. He uses a Mimikyu. 
    • Another new feature is the revamped Championship Cup; a new take on the Pokemon League where viable opponents face-off to earn the right to battle the Pokemon League Champion. 
    • The Gym Challenge and the Championship Cup are run by Chairman Rose and his personal secretary and vice-president Oleana. 
  • Version Exclusives
    • Like past games in the series, Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield will have a number of differences between the two. 
    • Some of the Pokemon naturally available within the Galar Region will differentiate between the games:
      • Exclusives to Pokemon Sword include: Deino and Jangmo-o.
      • Exclusives to Pokemon Shield include: Larvitar and Goomy.
    • For the first time in the franchise, certain whole gyms (as opposed to only gym leaders) will also be exclusive to a single version. 
      • Pokemon Sword features a fighting-type gym run by the Gym Leader Bea.
      • Pokemon Shield features a ghost-type gym run by the Gym Leader Allister. 
  • Let's Go Online
    • A paid Nintendo Switch Online Service subscription will be required for online play. 
    • Battling, Trading, Max Raid Battles and other features are available both locally and online through the new Y-Comm system.
    • A new subscription service known as Pokemon HOME will be released early 2020.
      • Pokemon HOME allows you to transfer Pokemon one-way from Let's Go, Pokemon Bank and Pokemon GO into Pokemon HOME.
      • Pokemon HOME allows two-way transfer between Pokemon Sword and Shield. However, currently, only Pokemon within the Galar Dex can be transferred into Sword and Shield. 
      • Players can access Pokemon HOME on their mobile devices and trade with others through this app on-the-go.

updates in red. I believe that's everything but if I missed anything, please let me know maisy 

It's really interesting how its implying we won't have a "traditional" E4 and instead we're gonna have a league tournament kinda like Ash in the anime?? thats rly cool.