RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

HOLY SHIT i chose the wrong day to go back to bed sksksksk rip3rip3rip3 shit came out of nowhere

BDSP is releasing on... November 19 cheer1 (obvious to anyone with half a brain). Dual pack announced also. I love the box art but the dual pack art is AMAZING. 

0hJd42M.png

Legends is releasing on... January 28. rip3 didnt expect it to be so soon, but also go girl. The art is a mystery dungeon vibe. 

E2UPXweXsAAewH_?format=jpg&name=large

Finally, Pokemon HOME is getting an update in June which comes with a model viewer, a catch calendar and a GMAX Bulbasaur or Squirtle. Funny how the model viewer screenshots show mega evolutions huh... 

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-bulbasaur-and-squirtle-capable-of-gigantamaxing-in-pokemon-home-this-june/?cid=&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=home&utm_term=526update

In the meantime... I did my annual Pokemon rankings!! Final evolutions only* and no forms. 

*Examples like Corsola / Cursola, Mr Mime / Mr Rime will both be included as the original forms, ie Johto Corsola or Kanto Mr Mime are also the final evolution

eE6MZVo.jpg

The top 8 stayed as they were last year, but Jolteon slipped three places from 9 to 12.  Tapu Koko and Eldegoss made it into the top 40 this year,  up 28 and 32 places respectively. Barbaracle came in last place for a second year running. The biggest drop was Parasect, dropping 226 places, while the biggest rise was Malamar jumping 176 spots - although it could be argued that Eternatus is the real winner, jumping 162 spots into the top 100. Meanwhile Glastrier is the highest debut at #82. Last year's highest debut was Hatterene which drops 10 spots from 20-30. 

By averages, the generation scores have stayed the same this year. 1 > 2 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > 5. However gens 6, 8 and 5 are the only ones to gain points this year. Finally, there's been a fair change in the type list. Water still has the highest overall score (due to there being 76 Water-types) but also rose one spot (from 6 to 5) on the average rankings. Meanwhile last year's average winner Grass slips to #3 this year as former third place Fairy takes the top spot this time. Normal is dead last for the second year in a row. 

Until next year

Well E3 showed us nothing... 

Now that it's over, I'd like to talk about this rumor from 4chins a week ago. When I saw it I thought that it seemed fairly believable and nothing that seemed overly crazy or obviously fake, other than no Pokemon at E3. But now that has turned out to be the case, this becomes slightly more believable. 

E38AoeSWEAA9HqG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

cc: @Max

I actually really hope that it comes true. While I'm still cautiously optimistic on Arceus (bc im worried theyre gonna mess with the battle sytem), the idea of Totem Bosses again seems cool, plus Relic Forms plus a story based around the arceus plates. Really here for it. I do expect some Pokemon info the end of this month or first week of July since we're not getting any today, so this would line right up with that too. And there's so much they have to talk about; Snap, Unite, Cafe Mix plus BDSP and Arceus so it makes sense to do it in one presentation. 

PS Home update is on Thursday morning so maybe we'll get (unofficial) news, like BDSP TMs getting datamined or smth

On 6/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, RihannaRTT said:

Well E3 showed us nothing... 

Now that it's over, I'd like to talk about this rumor from 4chins a week ago. When I saw it I thought that it seemed fairly believable and nothing that seemed overly crazy or obviously fake, other than no Pokemon at E3. But now that has turned out to be the case, this becomes slightly more believable. 

E38AoeSWEAA9HqG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

cc: @Max

I actually really hope that it comes true. While I'm still cautiously optimistic on Arceus (bc im worried theyre gonna mess with the battle sytem), the idea of Totem Bosses again seems cool, plus Relic Forms plus a story based around the arceus plates. Really here for it. I do expect some Pokemon info the end of this month or first week of July since we're not getting any today, so this would line right up with that too. And there's so much they have to talk about; Snap, Unite, Cafe Mix plus BDSP and Arceus so it makes sense to do it in one presentation. 

PS Home update is on Thursday morning so maybe we'll get (unofficial) news, like BDSP TMs getting datamined or smth

Oh, this sounds cute. Let's hope they actually pull through.

However, if the performance doesn't get a major boost I will not even bother with this. (Shouldn't be a problem in the final release tho... But then again the Wild exists and is laggy as hell)

1 hour ago, Max said:

Oh, this sounds cute. Let's hope they actually pull through.

However, if the performance doesn't get a major boost I will not even bother with this. (Shouldn't be a problem in the final release tho... But then again the Wild exists and is laggy as hell)

Based on the fact they said late June I no longer believe it (but it does sound really cool). I still think a lot of that will happen in some capacity regardless because we've seen a few leaked screenshots so... Just not all of it or in the way it says. 

The Wild Area was only laggy because of online I believe. I have no problems with it offline but when you're connected to the Y-Comm it is horrendous. Arceus not having online will certainly fix that. (Don't actually think it's "lag" either, think its some other technical term bc of the online loading or w/e)

Unite is actually - very surprisingly - really fun. Me and the gays are having a good time. Not sure if it'll have longevity for me especially if it becomes very pay 2 win or you have to play every day to keep up like say Duel Links, but for now it's cute!!

42 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

its been 84 years. FINALLY cry6 

the presents is 28 mins long omg rip2 theyre coming with everything

Oh nice, I hope there’s something new and exciting in the remakes. giveup4

8 hours ago, Max said:

Oh nice, I hope there’s something new and exciting in the remakes. giveup4

not really expecting anything new in it bc Arceus is clearly the focus and ILCA are doing BDSP. But I could see new megas being a possibility, in addition to revised gym designs or some random new character (like Aurune / Lisia in ORAS) interesting1 I'm very intrigued what theyre gonna show though bc they could surprise given its 28 mins, and there's still more time before the release dates. Very curious as to all the Arceus stuff they'll reveal too.

Holy shit rip2 I wasn't expecting THAT much to be shown omg rip3 They SNAPPED

BDSP having all the old features returning is a serve. Underground being expanded and adding new areas to the region that allow you to get pokemon not in the regional dex. I WON. contests look so cool, love to see customization and following pokemon. And honestly I still believe they'll bring back megas too. Gym backgrounds look so good pls. I'm so hyped now.

Arceus whew lord. The regional forms and evos rip2 i wasnt ready. The basculin evo what a serve, same for the braviary form chile. Really like the look of the game and everything. Not too sure about the action system (its serving Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth) but I'll probably grow to it and I much prefer this to quick time events and shit so I'll take it. Whew lord rip2 I'm so hyped for this now too pls omg cry6 

VGC being in SWSH for the next year (and probably 2 years) is WILD. I'm convinced they're gonna patch SWSH when they do the HOME update to include Pokemon from BDSP and Arceus.

Two new trailers today and a boat load of information

So glad that the "Hidden Moves" is actually a pokeride, and you don't actually have to learn the moves. (as per the website). Loved everything shown today, cant wait for both games. Will be updating the OP asap

I haven't played Pokémon for over a decade but I picked up sword and shield and enjoyed it. This looks to just be Diamond and Pearl but higher graphics and on a console. Diamond and Pearl was my first Pokémon game so I'm super nostalgic for it.

Made it to Veilstone. Been taking my time. Having a lot of fun gaga13 Obviously with a remake, particularly one so 1:1, it's not as exciting as a brand new game but it's still very enjoyable thus far. Looking forward to nuzlocking it. Hideaways are great and very useful. Love the music and battle backgrounds, and the ball capsules. 

Some random things like the bag adding new items in the middle instead of the end of the list is a bit head scratching, but mostly it's just a cool convenient version of Sinnoh and I'm enjoying it for once. Multi use TMs being dropped was weird but at least most of the important ones can be bought at Veilstone so they're basically infinite. 

Running with Monferno, Roselia, Manaphy and Misdreavus for now. Murkrow and Kricketune for support until I find replacements eve1