RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

13 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

this is cute 

the movie news was the VAs being confirmed, so nothing new there. Although we already know Zarude and Shiny Celebi are out in 1 week.

I honestly forgot about Zarude, what a non-event.

41 minutes ago, Max said:

I honestly forgot about Zarude, what a non-event.

Leaf Guard is unfortunate tbh. I guess Sun teams will have fun with Solar Blade maybe? 105/120/105/70/95/105 is pretty good, but Leaf Guard is so bleh. 

I prefer the Dada form. the scarf is so cute. I'll be distributing Zarude and Celebi from next week tho. 

1 hour ago, GlenCoco said:

Last month i bought Pokemon sword, It's cute tbh it reminds me of Pòkemon Coliseum... so when i finish I'm considering buying the expanison

but is it worth it? 

the expansion is fab. lots of useful things in the Isle of Armor already - more watt methods, cheaper vitamins, new move tutors, max soup. Obviously a bigger pokemon pool and even though you could technically get them without from surprise trades/ raids, it's obviously more convenient to have them thought the expansion There's gonna be more when The Crown Tundra comes out later in the year also. Already seems like hidden ability capsules will be a thing. 

Just now, RihannaRTT said:

the expansion is fab. lots of useful things in the Isle of Armor already - more watt methods, cheaper vitamins, new move tutors, max soup. Obviously a bigger pokemon pool and even though you could technically get them without from surprise trades/ raids, it's obviously more convenient to have them thought the expansion There's gonna be more when The Crown Tundra comes out later in the year also. Already seems like hidden ability capsules will be a thing. 

Yas Well I think I will get it once i finish the main game,

Is it like fire red like the island the new place the trainer and wild pokemon will be over  40+ lvl and stuff or is it going to be lower level 

8 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

Yas Well I think I will get it once i finish the main game,

Is it like fire red like the island the new place the trainer and wild pokemon will be over  40+ lvl and stuff or is it going to be lower level 

The Isle of Armor can be played both during the game (as soon as you reach the wild area) or after the main game. If you play it during the game, the wild Pokemon can range anywhere from 10 to 80. If you play it postgame, they'll be at least level 60. So the same as the Wild Area. There aren't any trainers in the Isle of Armor (except Avery/Klara, Mustard, Honey and the dojo towers)  but those also have the low level during main game vs high level during postgame distinction. It's more exploration based like the Wild Area (but double in volume) with pokemon, raids, items etc and a focus on competitive features rather than traditional routes. There's a cute 2-3 hour story (the final part of which is postgame-only).  

Playing during the game is interesting bc u dont get to access everything straight away (since you can't ride on water) so it means you explore a bit more and then go back to explore later. 

(Also theres a battle facility for monotype teams there postgame also)

The Crown Tundra looks like it'll be postgame only, but there's a chance it might be right before endgame rather than postgame. 

5 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

The Isle of Armor can be played both during the game (as soon as you reach the wild area) or after the main game. If you play it during the game, the wild Pokemon can range anywhere from 10 to 80. If you play it postgame, they'll be at least level 60. So the same as the Wild Area. There aren't any trainers in the Isle of Armor (except Avery/Klara, Mustard, Honey and the dojo towers)  but those also have the low level during main game vs high level during postgame distinction. It's more exploration based like the Wild Area (but double in volume) with pokemon, raids, items etc and a focus on competitive features rather than traditional routes. There's a cute 2-3 hour story (the final part of which is postgame-only).  

Playing during the game is interesting bc u dont get to access everything straight away (since you can't ride on water) so it means you explore a bit more and then go back to explore later. 

The Crown Tundra looks like it'll be postgame only, but there's a chance it might be right before endgame rather than postgame. 

Oh nice!!! So I'll definitely buy it, I love / hate  how in this game is so EASY to level up a Pokemon.. lol did you like Pokemon S/S?  

1 minute ago, GlenCoco said:

Oh nice!!! So I'll definitely buy it, I love / hate  how in this game is so EASY to level up a Pokemon.. lol did you like Pokemon S/S?  

of course. probably the best games in the franchise with the amount of content and actual changes that usually go unnoticed - the name rater, move reminder, stone evolutions not losing moves that their pre-evolutions have - and many more. Living in the UK and having all the cultural references and dialogue within the game is fantastic also. The Wild Area already had me feeling that way, but the Isle of Armor (and Crown Tundra) being Wild Areas too are clearly preparing for the future, and make me super excited for the next games (either game or generation) when most areas in the game will act like a wild area. If it's not the best base game, it's the best when including the IOA (and TCT which I'm most excited for cry7 ). The amount of longevity with raids w/ friends is insane and really makes it enjoyable. Hoping the Wild Area events remain exciting. Super fun to replay for nuzlockes w/ friends also, which is my main method of replaying games now. 

The one major issue for me is that while friend raids connect easily online, multi battles don't dead2 Really hope they overhaul that next game / gen bc we tried to connect for 2+ hours and never managed to multi battle rip3 We're planning to Free-For-All within raids now instead, just to be able to connect dead2 

Anyway, I knew about the big leak prior to the game release, but then I stayed offline from the start of November. So outside of the trailers and the one leak, I went in completely blind. And it was the best decision. During G7, I went in knowing a lot and felt underwhelmed (although USUM is up there as one of the best also). So it was hard to stay away from everywhere in November but I managed and it was so perfect. The way I screamed when I saw Galarian Corsola giveup3 Definitely going to do that again for future games, especially non-remakes giveup3 

11 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

of course. probably the best games in the franchise with the amount of content and actual changes that usually go unnoticed - the name rater, move reminder, stone evolutions not losing moves that their pre-evolutions have - and many more. Living in the UK and having all the cultural references and dialogue within the game is fantastic also. The Wild Area already had me feeling that way, but the Isle of Armor (and Crown Tundra) being Wild Areas too are clearly preparing for the future, and make me super excited for the next games (either game or generation) when most areas in the game will act like a wild area. If it's not the best base game, it's the best when including the IOA (and TCT which I'm most excited for cry7 ). The amount of longevity with raids w/ friends is insane and really makes it enjoyable. Hoping the Wild Area events remain exciting. Super fun to replay for nuzlockes w/ friends also, which is my main method of replaying games now. 

The one major issue for me is that while friend raids connect easily online, multi battles don't dead2 Really hope they overhaul that next game / gen bc we tried to connect for 2+ hours and never managed to multi battle rip3 We're planning to Free-For-All within raids now instead, just to be able to connect dead2 

Anyway, I knew about the big leak prior to the game release, but then I stayed offline from the start of November. So outside of the trailers and the one leak, I went in completely blind. And it was the best decision. During G7, I went in knowing a lot and felt underwhelmed (although USUM is up there as one of the best also). So it was hard to stay away from everywhere in November but I managed and it was so perfect. The way I screamed when I saw Galarian Corsola giveup3 Definitely going to do that again for future games, especially non-remakes giveup3 

Nice, its really cool tbh, the thing that shcoked me the most was finding rare pokemon like a wild Steelix, Gengars and the variety of  wild pokemon is sooo good,... loving the storiline so far and the gym mechanics .....

But Hop what an annoying fuck .. hope he gaves up eventually like the rival on Ruby and Sapphire 

5 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

Nice, its really cool tbh, the thing that shcoked me the most was finding rare pokemon like a wild Steelix, Gengars and the variety of  wild pokemon is sooo good,... loving the storiline so far and the gym mechanics .....

But Hop what an annoying fuck .. hope he gaves up eventually like the rival on Ruby and Sapphire 

yes the Isle of Armor continues the tradition of high level wild Pokemon that are fully evolved including things that are hard to get, things like Alakazam, Politoed, Kingdra. All depends on the weather. and I love how you can't catch them unless you have enough badges but you can still get wiped out by them if you don't run away. Makes it realistic. I'm hopeful this will be the base for the next games too. 

I think Hop might be the best rival actually. At first he was super cocky and then got his ass humbled when Bede stomped him dead2 Then goes through a lost depressed kind of phase before trying to regain confidence. I love his decision in postgame but won't spoil that. He and Sonia have the most character development. I'm very intrigued in the possibility of a sequel game to close out the generation. Unlikely but a small hope. Would be interesting to see how they've ended up. 

18 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

yes the Isle of Armor continues the tradition of high level wild Pokemon that are fully evolved including things that are hard to get, things like Alakazam, Politoed, Kingdra. All depends on the weather. and I love how you can't catch them unless you have enough badges but you can still get wiped out by them if you don't run away. Makes it realistic. I'm hopeful this will be the base for the next games too. 

I think Hop might be the best rival actually. At first he was super cocky and then got his ass humbled when Bede stomped him dead2 Then goes through a lost depressed kind of phase before trying to regain confidence. I love his decision in postgame but won't spoil that. He and Sonia have the most character development. I'm very intrigued in the possibility of a sequel game to close out the generation. Unlikely but a small hope. Would be interesting to see how they've ended up. 

Yes it makes it more realistic i was so done with finding leve 6 Pidgeys or the annoying normal type for 1/2 of the game, It was cool seeing my fave pokemon before the first gym,

Lol I'm actually right after Hop gets whipped by Bade .... thank god hope he chills a bit tbh 

But yeah I love to see more character in the story line tbh I stopped playing pokemon right after Diamon and pear / Heart Gold l cuz my broke ass didn't have a nintendo ds i liost mine  .... so i finally had one right when Sun and Moon came out and tbh i love how the game has improved 

On 9/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, Max said:

It might be a bit random, I get that. rip2

definitely dead2 but thats not a bad thing, she's a cute girl

it would be nice to use one i guess but i dont think shes up to much and she comes like so late and in one useless location too. dead2 

hopefully we can get Snap or Crown Tundra news this month. alex1 im 100% confident that they would have announced a competitive mechanic (HA capsule probably) had Worlds not been cancelled. Did hold out hope for it on the players cup stream but a 0.001% chance so i wasnt disappointed when it didnt happen lol. too much risk of it getting out i imagine. 

53 minutes ago, Max said:

I started a new Sword playthrough and lost interest after picking my starter... Maybe this wasn't the best idea. bebe1

You should do a nuzlocke. I used to be better at replaying on normal playthroughs, but now I need there to be a nuzlocke to replay (unless the game just came out). When there's death at stake, it keeps things interesting and forces you to be focused. Especially if you're nuzlocking at the same time as your friends. If you need any spreadsheet trackers, hit me up

@Habits, @edwinfg and I have nuzlocked SWSH, SM, USUM, LGPE and ORAS together since the IOA DLC came out. We'll be starting XY next week, and then aiming to do Gen 5 also. Then might do SWSH again, or with a wonderlocke or smth fun (this depends on when TCT is available in the story)

4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

You should do a nuzlocke. I used to be better at replaying on normal playthroughs, but now I need there to be a nuzlocke to replay (unless the game just came out). When there's death at stake, it keeps things interesting and forces you to be focused. Especially if you're nuzlocking at the same time as your friends. If you need any spreadsheet trackers, hit me up

@Habits, @edwinfg and I have nuzlocked SWSH, SM, USUM, LGPE and ORAS together since the IOA DLC came out. We'll be starting XY next week, and then aiming to do Gen 5 also. Then might do SWSH again, or with a wonderlocke or smth fun (this depends on when TCT is available in the story)

Oh, sure! I'd love to look into that. bebe1