RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

As expected, the New Year's space station thing was a waste of time. Rayquaza was cute I guess. All the fools who thought they'd get anything from it being warned well in advance nothing would happen and still acting cheated after. Pokemon fans are truly the worst sometimes, its sad. 

Anyway there's a lot of exciting things happening this year with the 25th anniversary. I'm expecting a massive direct in February with tons of pokemon announcements - although I don't think a main series game announcement will come till May unless its just logos ala Sun and Moon announcement. But still there's Pokemon Snap, probably the reveal of a new mythical soon, possibly ports of old games for the Switch + connection to HOME, and probably other spinoffs (I notice theyre doing Pokken in the next Players Cup, perhaps highlighting that Pokken 2 is coming soon). Excited to see what's happening.

(PS Max do u like my new look sass1 )

On 1/3/2021 at 10:06 PM, RihannaRTT said:

As expected, the New Year's space station thing was a waste of time. Rayquaza was cute I guess. All the fools who thought they'd get anything from it being warned well in advance nothing would happen and still acting cheated after. Pokemon fans are truly the worst sometimes, its sad. 

Anyway there's a lot of exciting things happening this year with the 25th anniversary. I'm expecting a massive direct in February with tons of pokemon announcements - although I don't think a main series game announcement will come till May unless its just logos ala Sun and Moon announcement. But still there's Pokemon Snap, probably the reveal of a new mythical soon, possibly ports of old games for the Switch + connection to HOME, and probably other spinoffs (I notice theyre doing Pokken in the next Players Cup, perhaps highlighting that Pokken 2 is coming soon). Excited to see what's happening.

(PS Max do u like my new look sass1 )

I really want and hope for either Ruby/Sapphire on the Switch or - and omg that would be world ending - any of the DS era games giveup1

Also: Fucking slay with that set! I really need to get beck into Cyber Sleuth as well, that slayed me for like two weeks, then I didn't touch it again. I believe I didn't even finish both games.

7 hours ago, Max said:

I really want and hope for either Ruby/Sapphire on the Switch or - and omg that would be world ending - any of the DS era games giveup1

Also: Fucking slay with that set! I really need to get beck into Cyber Sleuth as well, that slayed me for like two weeks, then I didn't touch it again. I believe I didn't even finish both games.

I feel like the gen 3 games are certainly a possibility, especially because the original DP had a "insert slot" thing that affected encounters, so this may be the case here for the remakes. I doubt DS games will ever see the VC for a while. 

CS and HM are both great. A little bit grindy with the ability/ev training thing but story wise really gripping on both games. Hope they eventually make a third game in the CS universe. 

31 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

I feel like the gen 3 games are certainly a possibility, especially because the original DP had a "insert slot" thing that affected encounters, so this may be the case here for the remakes. I doubt DS games will ever see the VC for a while.

Aww, what a cute idea! And I totally forgot about that. My brain is getting old, I guess. jj2

1 hour ago, Max said:

Aww, what a cute idea! And I totally forgot about that. My brain is getting old, I guess. jj2

yeah honestly the regional dex is the thing I'm most worried about for Diamond and Pearl remakes. In ORAS, there was no real update to the regional dex and its disappointing, especially how they added non-Hoenn Pokemon to the dexnav but only after the Kyogre/Groudon thing. It woulda been more interesting to have them available from the start. So I'm certainly concerned about the same for DP - regardless of whether they do the DP one or Platinum one (DP one is especially bad bc its only 150 vs 210 dead2 and one of the things I hate for example is Flint being the fire E4 but having 2 fire types dead2 ). So I really want them to update the dex. Or at the very least use the Platinum dex, but use raid dens to introduce non-Sinnoh Pokemon (I really hope they'll be splattered around the region, but concerned they may be in the postgame area only). The Gen 3 insert feature gives a few other options tho  yup juicy1 This is the thing im more concerned about but im sure it'll be enjoyable regardless. 

I'll definitely use gen 4 pokemon only for my first playthrough for sure, but then after that it'll be fair game for a hopefully expanded dex. oprah15 

14 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

yeah honestly the regional dex is the thing I'm most worried about for Diamond and Pearl remakes. In ORAS, there was no real update to the regional dex and its disappointing, especially how they added non-Hoenn Pokemon to the dexnav but only after the Kyogre/Groudon thing. It woulda been more interesting to have them available from the start. So I'm certainly concerned about the same for DP - regardless of whether they do the DP one or Platinum one (DP one is especially bad bc its only 150 vs 210 dead2 and one of the things I hate for example is Flint being the fire E4 but having 2 fire types dead2 ). So I really want them to update the dex. Or at the very least use the Platinum dex, but use raid dens to introduce non-Sinnoh Pokemon (I really hope they'll be splattered around the region, but concerned they may be in the postgame area only). The Gen 3 insert feature gives a few other options tho  yup juicy1 This is the thing im more concerned about but im sure it'll be enjoyable regardless. 

I'll definitely use gen 4 pokemon only for my first playthrough for sure, but then after that it'll be fair game for a hopefully expanded dex. oprah15 

Omg, you're right! Weren't the fire starter and Ponyta pretty much the only fire Pokemon in the game? Like... fall1

1 hour ago, Max said:

Omg, you're right! Weren't the fire starter and Ponyta pretty much the only fire Pokemon in the game? Like... fall1

yeah its very pathetic. There was no balance at all dead2 The Platinum dex helped but its still only 210 mons. I fear that's all will be available during the main story, but we'll have to wait and see. Probably be around May for the announcement and July for any real news tho

47 minutes ago, Max said:

I probably won't get it but I honestly can't wait for all the coverage. clap4

Same i mean love the original but idk if i would have fun with this one as i had when i was a kid, but still looks amazing and fun 

That account is nothing but a poser that piggybacks on other people's info. Acting like a direct in February is groundbreaking information when its the most obvious thing ever. 

However it does seem as if diamondandpearl.pokemon whatever was registered (also legends.pokemon). Do note that they have registered websites before that dont necessarily correlate to their actual project, but DP are the ones next in line so its very likely to be happening regardless.  

I imagine the legends.pokemon one will be about mythical distributions like there were in 2016. (Unless they decide to name the DP remakes as Pokemon Legends: Diamond & Pearl which is also a possiblity, but less likely. ) 

The fact that it's a Pokemon Presents and not a Direct tomorrow... I fully expect them to pull another "For news on other Pokemon games, tune in next week for the Direct!". And I can't take it. giveup3