Jump to content

Pokemon | Snap releases April 30th

Recommended Posts

I started a new Sword playthrough and lost interest after picking my starter... Maybe this wasn't the best idea. bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Max said:

I started a new Sword playthrough and lost interest after picking my starter... Maybe this wasn't the best idea. bebe1

You should do a nuzlocke. I used to be better at replaying on normal playthroughs, but now I need there to be a nuzlocke to replay (unless the game just came out). When there's death at stake, it keeps things interesting and forces you to be focused. Especially if you're nuzlocking at the same time as your friends. If you need any spreadsheet trackers, hit me up

 

@Habits, @edwinfg and I have nuzlocked SWSH, SM, USUM, LGPE and ORAS together since the IOA DLC came out. We'll be starting XY next week, and then aiming to do Gen 5 also. Then might do SWSH again, or with a wonderlocke or smth fun (this depends on when TCT is available in the story)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

You should do a nuzlocke. I used to be better at replaying on normal playthroughs, but now I need there to be a nuzlocke to replay (unless the game just came out). When there's death at stake, it keeps things interesting and forces you to be focused. Especially if you're nuzlocking at the same time as your friends. If you need any spreadsheet trackers, hit me up

 

@Habits, @edwinfg and I have nuzlocked SWSH, SM, USUM, LGPE and ORAS together since the IOA DLC came out. We'll be starting XY next week, and then aiming to do Gen 5 also. Then might do SWSH again, or with a wonderlocke or smth fun (this depends on when TCT is available in the story)

Oh, sure! I'd love to look into that. bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max said:

Nice, thanks for that!

yw of course. another idea is to do a wonderlocke. essentially, you do the same as the nuzlocke, but the pokemon you catch doesnt matter bc each encounter you trade on surprise trade for a different pokemon. if you get one higher than ur highest lv or a duplicate, then u trade again. the rest of the rules still apply. 

 

This is more fun in games where you have a national dex bc you can get pokemon you dont normally get. Someone who didnt have the dlc could do this for IOA mons too since you'll likely get a lot of breedjects. However my assumption is TCT wont be accessible till postgame, so this will make wonderlockes more viable since some mons like Nidoran will be unavailable main game but accessible in wonderlockes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This gen is so... uneventful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah there's very little happening. I think with them doing DLC rather than an enhanced version as a new game, that also means less promotion for anything too. The raids are nice but at the same time... I was hoping for more. The random shiny raids that happen for 3 days every month are great, but then it goes back to irrelevants. Doing more interesting raids would keep people interested, for example have "raid-exclusive" moves, like have grass type summer focusing on Bellossom, Vileplume etc where they can have Overheat as an exclusive move. Give people a reason to keep raiding. Ofc TCT will help but only for a month like IOA was. 

It is weird we've not had any more information. I am definitely expecting a Pokemon Presents in October. Corocoro is meant to have TCT news so I'm assuming they'll do a Presents before that, so probably around the 14th or so. I expect more on TCT and Snap there. 

In other news, SWSH received the award for excellency, best sales award and something else at the Japan Game Awards cheer1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PREMIERE VIDEO

 

 

I don't think they've ever done a premiere video before? Apart from like directs of course, but never for a trailer or smth. this is wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAS, finally something on TCT bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Max said:

YAS, finally something on TCT bebe1

Honestly I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for them to say release date Wednesday 14 October. the IOA trailer happened 2 weeks before the release. DLC doesnt need to follow their usual release pattern (particularly a DLC that people have mostly already paid for). Also XY was released on October 12th. 

 

Failing that I expect the new horses to be shown off instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Honestly I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for them to say release date Wednesday 14 October. the IOA trailer happened 2 weeks before the release. DLC doesnt need to follow their usual release pattern (particularly a DLC that people have mostly already paid for). Also XY was released on October 12th. 

 

Failing that I expect the new horses to be shown off instead. 

I thought about that too! The two week notice would be great. oprah2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Max said:

I thought about that too! The two week notice would be great. oprah2

Joe also thinking October seems likely now

 

 

the potential of a shadow drop tho? rip3 if it dropped tomorrow i would be so shook omg dead2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

Joe also thinking October seems likely now

 

 

the potential of a shadow drop tho? rip3 if it dropped tomorrow i would be so shook omg dead2 

Omg, please don't! I'll work all day tomorrow rip2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Max said:

Omg, please don't! I'll work all day tomorrow rip2

The presentation is like 3 or 4pm for you so you wouldn’t be that behind dead2 I would live. But  I don’t expect it to happen. October is seeming likely though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stream is complete. Here's a recap

  • Releasing October 22. October 23 in Europe and Japan, indicating that it's probably a late-night release in US, early morning in Europe, late morning in Japan. 
  • Galarian Slowking is officially revealed. Eerie Spell is a new psychic move that drops PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3. It's ability Curious Medicine is an instant Haze when it comes into battle. 
  • Dynamax Adventure uses rental pokemon as you go through the adventure, but you can swap out the rental pokemon for pokemon you catch after each simultaneous raid. All past legendaries return and appear here
  • Ability Patch is a new item allowing regular ability Pokemon to receive their Hidden Ability
  • Galarian Star Tournament is a doubles tournament where you team up with characters from Galar and the expansion pass
  • HOME/GO connectivity is coming, planned before the end of 2020. When you send a pokemon to HOME, you'll receive the Meltan Box in GO. Also you will be able to send a GMAX Melmetal to HOME after connecting for the first time. 
  • SWSH + DLC physical bundle releasing Nov 6. 100 pokeballs for early purchase.
  • P1KACHUGET is available now as a mystery gift code for original cap Pikachu. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 8:45 AM, RihannaRTT said:

Stream is complete. Here's a recap

  • Releasing October 22. October 23 in Europe and Japan, indicating that it's probably a late-night release in US, early morning in Europe, late morning in Japan. 
  • Galarian Slowking is officially revealed. Eerie Spell is a new psychic move that drops PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3. It's ability Curious Medicine is an instant Haze when it comes into battle. 
  • Dynamax Adventure uses rental pokemon as you go through the adventure, but you can swap out the rental pokemon for pokemon you catch after each simultaneous raid. All past legendaries return and appear here
  • Ability Patch is a new item allowing regular ability Pokemon to receive their Hidden Ability
  • Galarian Star Tournament is a doubles tournament where you team up with characters from Galar and the expansion pass
  • HOME/GO connectivity is coming, planned before the end of 2020. When you send a pokemon to HOME, you'll receive the Meltan Box in GO. Also you will be able to send a GMAX Melmetal to HOME after connecting for the first time. 
  • SWSH + DLC physical bundle releasing Nov 6. 100 pokeballs for early purchase.
  • P1KACHUGET is available now as a mystery gift code for original cap Pikachu. 

 

I'm buying this tbh

 

But first i have to finish the damn main game ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the damn Hat Pikachus again brit10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2D Pokemon > 3D Pokemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×