RihannaRTT

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet

1 minute ago, Max said:

Ugh, that sucks.

How are you planning to go into CT? A new play through or an old file? 

multiple ways! antm1 I'll use my main file first but I'll be using CT-only Pokemon and catching a new team from them like I did with Isle of Armor. I imagine that the only legendaries in the dex will be Birds, Regis and UBs and Calyrex and the others will be Dynamax Adventures, so I'll probably not include Dynamax Adventure Pokemon for my team. Can't wait to get the new birds <3 <3 <3 

Then - it depends on whether CT is fully postgame or available during the game - but the 2nd time I play will either be a nuzlocke (including IOA or CT, if CT is during the game) or a wonderlocke (base SWSH only, but chance to get IOA/CT pokemon through wondertrade)

3 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

multiple ways! antm1 I'll use my main file first but I'll be using CT-only Pokemon and catching a new team from them like I did with Isle of Armor. I imagine that the only legendaries in the dex will be Birds, Regis and UBs and Calyrex and the others will be Dynamax Adventures, so I'll probably not include Dynamax Adventure Pokemon for my team. Can't wait to get the new birds <3 <3 <3 

Then - it depends on whether CT is fully postgame or available during the game - but the 2nd time I play will either be a nuzlocke (including IOA or CT, if CT is during the game) or a wonderlocke (base SWSH only, but chance to get IOA/CT pokemon through wondertrade)

I love how you're always so enthusiastic about these games. bebe1 

I just spent AGES doing this Pokemon character sorter and it came up with this top 3:

7vVmYDb.png zP4sYkw.png m1cgweC.png

I actually stan the accuracy. cry1 N should probably replace Sabrina but it's whatever.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:12 PM, Max said:

I just spent AGES doing this Pokemon character sorter and it came up with this top 3:

7vVmYDb.png zP4sYkw.png m1cgweC.png

I actually stan the accuracy. cry1 N should probably replace Sabrina but it's whatever.

stunnery. If you still have the link, post it. Misty and Sabrina are my top 2 I know that much. 

So here's some info

Firstly, it's not actually the source code but a development repository which is a completely different thing.

The first commit for Sun and Moon was October 2014, the first commit for USUM was February 2016 and the last commit was May 2017. Because we know that research & development and concepts and things have to be worked on first, it's safe to say that this confirms essentially 3 years production time for a new gen, and 1.5 to 2 for a remake/enhanced version. Which I think was said before at one point, but this essentially confirms it. 

It also confirms (similar to Pokemon Bank back then) that there were 2 IDs for Gen 6 that went unused, but we see they're marked as Kalos Reserves. So pretty likely that this was either a sequel or enhanced version of XY that was for 2015 and scrapped probably early on - since SM started in October 2014. It was definitely planned at the end of 2013 I think but got scrapped within that time - probably so Sun and Moon could be ready for the 20th anniversary).

There's also beta maps flying about. Melemele's isnt that different, just that theres a route going through the middle of the island now (and no sign of Melemele Meadow, Kala'Ebay or Seaward Cave). I haven't seen the others. 

Very interesting stuff going into CT next week!!

1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

So here's some info

Firstly, it's not actually the source code but a development repository which is a completely different thing.

The first commit for Sun and Moon was October 2014, the first commit for USUM was February 2016 and the last commit was May 2017. Because we know that research & development and concepts and things have to be worked on first, it's safe to say that this confirms essentially 3 years production time for a new gen, and 1.5 to 2 for a remake/enhanced version. Which I think was said before at one point, but this essentially confirms it. 

It also confirms (similar to Pokemon Bank back then) that there were 2 IDs for Gen 6 that went unused, but we see they're marked as Kalos Reserves. So pretty likely that this was either a sequel or enhanced version of XY that was for 2015 and scrapped probably early on - since SM started in October 2014. It was definitely planned at the end of 2013 I think but got scrapped within that time - probably so Sun and Moon could be ready for the 20th anniversary).

There's also beta maps flying about. Melemele's isnt that different, just that theres a route going through the middle of the island now (and no sign of Melemele Meadow, Kala'Ebay or Seaward Cave). I haven't seen the others. 

Very interesting stuff going into CT next week!!

Really interesting! Gen 6 could have definitely profited a lot from second/enhanced versions.

37 minutes ago, Max said:

Really interesting! Gen 6 could have definitely profited a lot from second/enhanced versions.

Yeah absolutely. I think the enhanced version or sequel would have provided Gen 6 megas for the starters, legendaries, maybe things like Talonflame, the fossils, Goodra, Florges etc. The train tracks could have been exploited too. 

Although to be honest maybe it was for the best it didn't get released. Sun and Moon really was helped by it releasing in 2016 after GO's hype. Also we assume it would have been released November 2015 which was also the time of the attacks in Paris, and given the context of the "ultimate weapon" and Kalos being based on France... would have been really unfortunate timing. So maybe for the best.

Finally did that sorter. Only did the gym leaders + E4 one though. Pretty accurate I think. I knew what my top 3 would be in advance, I think they've always been that way. I think Agatha used to be ahead of Lorelei for me before (not 100% sure) but LGPE having Lorelei with that extra role in Route 10 just edged her ahead. 

I have to laugh at the Kanto e4 positions: 4-5-6-72 eve1 BruNO indeed eve1 

1 kLHTCMB.png
Misty
2 zP4sYkw.png
Sabrina
3 Dl8t2KY.png
Erika
4 Lorelei
5 Agatha
6 Lance
7 Blue
8 Clair
9 Wallace
10 Brock
11 Allister
12 Olivia
13 Mallow
14 Lana
15 Melony
16 Raihan
17 Leon
18 Nessa
19 Marlon
20 Iris
21 Viola
22 Falkner
23 Opal
24 Acerola
25 Karen
26 Fantina
27 Tate
28 Gardenia
29 Steven
30 Liza
31 Blaine
32 Shauntal
33 Grimsley
34 Whitney
35 Cynthia
36 Trace
37 Morty
38 Flannery
39 Nanu
40 Brawly
41 Will
42 Lucian
43 Aaron
44 Volkner
45 Koga
46 Elesa
47 Malva
48 Lt. Surge
49 Janine
50 Marnie
51 Hapu
52 Bugsy
53 Roxanne
54 Cheren
55 Olympia
56 Valerie
57 Milo
58 Bede
59 Phoebe
60 Hala
61 Kabu
62 Diantha
63 Ilima
64 Kiawe
65 Jasmine
66 Wattson
67 Giovanni
68 Chili
69 Mina
70 Norman
71 Cilan
72 Bruno
73 Candice
74 Chuck
75 Pryce
76 Burgh
77 Lenora
78 Bea
79 Korrina
80 Grant
81 Siebold
82 Kahili
83 Glacia
84 Sidney
85 Juan
86 Winona
87 Crasher Wake
88 Skyla
89 Clemont
90 Drasna
91 Drayden
92 Ramos
93 Wulfric
94 Caitlin
95 Piers
96 Cress
97 Bertha
98 Maylene
99 Sophocles
100 Roxie
101 Roark
102 Molayne
103 Drake
104 Brycen
105 Gordie
106 Alder
107 Flint
108 Wikstrom
109 Clay
110 Byron
111 Marshal

Did this myself and ended up with a tie at #1 dead2 

Order Name
1 7vVmYDb.png
Elesa
1 Snu49Of.png
Valerie
3 USO29tY.png
Acerola
4 Raihan
5 Allister
5 Opal
7 Sabrina
8 Marlon
9 Nessa
10 Olivia
11 Phoebe
12 Volkner
13 Caitlin
14 Steven
15 Winona
16 Wallace
17 Karen
18 Marnie
19 Lance
20 Lorelei
21 Agatha
22 Clair
23 Will
24 Cynthia
25 Lucian
26 Misty
27 Glacia
28 Drake
29 Jasmine
30 Falkner
31 Diantha
32 Leon
33 Piers
34 Brawly
35 Skyla
36 Malva
37 Flannery
38 Siebold
39 Shauntal
40 Grimsley
41 Roxie
42 Melony
43 Kahili
44 Norman
45 Gardenia
46 Mallow
47 Mina
48 Blue
49 Erika
50 Koga
51 Blaine
52 Giovanni
53 Roxanne
54 Viola
55 Grant
56 Lana
57 Kiawe
58 Nanu
59 Hapu
60 Bea
61 Bede
62 Kabu
63 Morty
64 Pryce
65 Olympia
66 Iris
67 Cheren
68 Drayden
69 Burgh
70 Lenora
71 Korrina
72 Janine
73 Brock
74 Bruno
75 Whitney
76 Chili
77 Cress
78 Fantina
79 Candice
80 Maylene
81 Aaron
82 Sidney
83 Byron
84 Roark
85 Ilima
86 Molayne
87 Liza
88 Juan
89 Bugsy
90 Lt. Surge
91 Flint
92 Cilan
93 Tate
94 Bertha
95 Crasher Wake
96 Hala
97 Clemont
98 Alder
99 Brycen
100 Drasna
101 Wulfric
102 Ramos
103 Clay
104 Sophocles
105 Milo
106 Gordie
107 Wikstrom
108 Marshal
109 Chuck
110 Trace
111 Wattson
30 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

I just spent the last few hours ranking all Pokemon before the release of CT. Final evolutions only, no forms. Not fully accurate, but the general gist of it is correct. 

My results: LINK / IMAGE LINK

Cofagrigus in the bottom, Primarina top 20, Serperior NOT top 5... Were you drunk doing this? ellie1 

2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Cofagrigus is one of my most despised pokemon. Fortunately runerigus saved that line ellie1 

What the hell.mp3

I love love love Cofagrigus, it's one of my favorite ghost mons. cry1 I wish its stats were a little nicer. Especially faster. I don't like using slow ass Pokemon in game. orangu1 

9 minutes ago, Max said:

What the hell.mp3

I love love love Cofagrigus, it's one of my favorite ghost mons. cry1 I wish its stats were a little nicer. Especially faster. I don't like using slow ass Pokemon in game. orangu1 

its homophobic yes juicy1 

at least it gets Trick Room

Analysed my results by giving 1st place 489 pts down to last place 1pt, and working from there. Nothing surprising on the Generation side for me, I have the most nostalgia for the first two and then I've been active again since Gen 6, so makes sense this is where I was more invested. And the one generation I didn't play while it was actually happening being last. Absolutely checks out.  

Typing results on the other hand... dead2 Normal going from 5 overall to last place when you average the score by the number of mons dead2 I'm honestly SHOCKED that neither Water nor Psychic made it to the top 5 on Average score. Grass being #1 makes sense even tho Water is my fave bc Grass is so consistent as a type - my lowest grass type wasn't even in my bottom 70, thats how consistent it is. The other types (particularly Flying) are great "passive" types imo where I don't think of Flying and think what an awesome type, but all the Pokemon in there are usually awesome for other merits who just happen to be flying type etc. Bug's a little lower than I thought but otherwise the lower ones here are as I'd expect. 

u4cwxB9.png