LÉON

Me... I Am... Rihanna... The Rihclusive Chanteuse

Because GH albums usually include up to three "new" tracks. She could just cancel R8 for now and count the three tracks as part of the GH album. Madonna had Justify My Love and Rescue Me on the IC collection and Celebration and Revolver on her third GH album.

true rip2

On 7/5/2015 at 5:27 PM, Sleep Deprived said:

Poor Rihanna's rihleasing a video for a song that is months old and it's had absolutely no affect on its "success".

How can a gorl go from rihleasing a new album every year to rihleasing singles without videos and watching them flop? 

It's not as if she has writer's block, now, is it? jj1 jj1 jj1

R.I.h.P ha career 2005-2017 time to release a decade retrospective and rihtire rip1

Updated for 2020 jj1

At least during the wait for ANTI, we got those three singles and the Home soundtrack songs. This time we just have Fenty Beauty, Fenty Housewares, and the new chain Fenty Bitch Better Have My Money Bank of Barbados. brit15 

18 hours ago, Gabe. said:

wrong oh so wrong Beren! 

In what way? All of the pre-ANTI singles did flop. And here we are three years later and she's not even rihleasing anything to flop jj1

11 hours ago, Gabe. said:

yeah because both Paul McCartney and Kanye West were on a huge stride of hits at the time...

No but they brought in extra publicity for the song. Even Paul got older people who'd never normal play a Rihanna song listening to it. 

3 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

No but they brought in extra publicity for the song. Even Paul got older people who'd never normal play a Rihanna song listening to it. 

The fucking lies. When was the last time Paul McCartney or Kanye had a hit, dumbass 

8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

The fucking lies. When was the last time Paul McCartney or Kanye had a hit, dumbass 

Calm the fuck down, i don't see why you're taking offence to that. It's not as if i'm saying Rihanna wasn't the reason it was big, what i'm saying is Kanye and Paul contributed to it's success, it doesn't matter if they hadn't had a hit in the years previously, they still have power when it comes to publicity. As i say Paul would've got older generations listening to the song (even if it was just once), while Kanye would've got the Kardashian-Jenner-Jesus-West brigade checking it out. Again i'm not saying they're the reason it was big, what i'm saying is they made a contribution to it's success, so don't get your knickers in a twist.  

1 hour ago, Simón. said:

Paul McCartney can rely on a huge fanbase just because of his name.

While Rihanna was begging him for a quick streaming hit, Paul was attracting huge masses of people to see him live. Both his Out There Tour (2013-2015) and One on One Tour (2016-2017) grossed over $200 million, something Rihanna can only dream of.

Meanwhile Kanye was one of the most talked about celebrities at that time and clearly contributed to the publicity of the song.  bey8

28 minutes ago, Galactic-Tiger said:

While Rihanna was begging him for a quick streaming hit, Paul was attracting huge masses of people to see him live.

Imagine thinking that this old crusty man is a streaming force and Rihanna needed to beg. What a joke 

I love Rihanna and the Anti album but it's no lie to say Work wouldn't have been as big without Drage, again not saying it wouldn't have been a hit without him, but i hadn't heard any of the other singles off Anti until i actually looked through her discography in early 2018. In my country Love On The Brain only charted at #175, Needed Me was the biggest hit (besides Work) charting at #38

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

Most of the hype around the song at the time was "OMG can you believe this collab?" eve1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no one fucking cares for your country and imagine thinking Work is a hit cause of drake. You really try to downplay Rihannas success in every way yet you claim to love her. shut up

Of course not, she was helped by the Beatles and Kanye. And without the help of Drake the lead single of Anti would have flopped too 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.