Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Firdawsi

Mariah Carey US Singles Chart Runs

Tommy also didn't let her produce initially and also all the male models in her first videos are gay, cause Tommy was a very jealous person

Tommy is such a mess, honestly. More pressed than a grilled sandwich.    moo6

Tommy is such a mess, honestly. More pressed than a grilled sandwich.    moo6

Agreed

He was the reason Mimi lost so many hit potential songs

She'd probably be at 30+ #1s that way without him

Agreed

He was the reason Mimi lost so many hit potential songs

She'd probably be at 30+ #1s that way without him

The fact that she is 2 no.1's away from tying with the Beatles and 3 away from beating them makes the early 2000s situation more frustrating to look back on     giveup2  

The fact that she is 2 no.1's away from tying with the Beatles and 3 away from beating them makes the early 2000s situation more frustrating to look back on     giveup2  

I hope one day she takes it

ALWFCIY, Butterfly, Breakdown, The Roof, Forever, There's Got to be a Way, Can't Let Go, Shake It Off, Endless Love were so easy #1s that slipped away

I hope one day she takes it

ALWFCIY, Butterfly, Breakdown, The Roof, Forever, There's Got to be a Way, Can't Let Go, Shake It Off, Endless Love were so easy #1s that slipped away

Agreed. I think a lot of people would be surprised to think of All I Want for Christmas Is You peaking at #21, but that was only after it was allowed to chart and it would've been no.1 easily had it been released as a proper single back in 1994.

The Butterfly era was when things got messy for Mariah, having your ex-husband as your label boss is probably never a good idea but she was tied to a contract and its almost a miracle in some way she managed 4 no.1's from Butterfly and Rainbow.

Shake It Off easily could've been no.1 but We Belong Together was too powerful as a hit, they should've waited a while before releasing it.

At the end of the day, no.1's are nice but her legacy means so much more than just chart hits. Her impact and influence on younger artists can't be measured.

Agreed. I think a lot of people would be surprised to think of All I Want for Christmas Is You peaking at #21, but that was only after it was allowed to chart and it would've been no.1 easily had it been released as a proper single back in 1994.

The Butterfly era was when things got messy for Mariah, having your ex-husband as your label boss is probably never a good idea but she was tied to a contract and its almost a miracle in some way she managed 4 no.1's from Butterfly and Rainbow.

Shake It Off easily could've been no.1 but We Belong Together was too powerful as a hit, they should've waited a while before releasing it.

At the end of the day, no.1's are nice but her legacy means so much more than just chart hits. Her impact and influence on younger artists can't be measured.

True, her songs have quality, which makes the success even better

Shake It Off got blocked by We Belong Together only for one week, 6 weeks by Kanye's Goldigger

True, her songs have quality, which makes the success even better

Shake It Off got blocked by We Belong Together only for one week, 6 weeks by Kanye's Goldigger

A lot of great songs stall at the dreaded #2 spot, at least she's managed to reach #1 eighteen times so I don't think she's bothered about one song missing it. (if only it did though!)

A lot of great songs stall at the dreaded #2 spot, at least she's managed to reach #1 eighteen times so I don't think she's bothered about one song missing it. (if only it did though!)

Also, she narrowly made the record of 5 consecutive #1 debuts but ABMB and My All debuted at #2

Also, she narrowly made the record of 5 consecutive #1 debuts but ABMB and My All debuted at #2

Mariah really was a force to be reckoned with back in the 90's, she managed to stay at her peak for a whole decade before a jealous ex decided to mess it up     orangu1

Mariah really was a force to be reckoned with back in the 90's, she managed to stay at her peak for a whole decade before a jealous ex decided to mess it up     orangu1

If only Glitter happened like it was supposed to

Did you  know glitter was supposed to come before #1s but got delayed to 2001 because of #1s and Rainbow

If only Glitter happened like it was supposed to

Did you  know glitter was supposed to come before #1s but got delayed to 2001 because of #1s and Rainbow

I actually didn't know that, I've heard that Heartbreaker was considered for Glitter but I don't know if that's true. Either way it would've done so much better if it was released earlier. It isn't my favourite album but it isn't as terrible as people make it out to be.

I actually didn't know that, I've heard that Heartbreaker was considered for Glitter but I don't know if that's true. Either way it would've done so much better if it was released earlier. It isn't my favourite album but it isn't as terrible as people make it out to be.

Originally, "Heartbreaker" was intended to be part of Carey's debut film soundtrack Glitter, however, after the film's delay, it was included on Rainbow

Glitter had really bad timing too

The 9/11 album release hurt it a lot

While Enrique got a huge boost to Hero

Mimi suffered with Glitter

Originally, "Heartbreaker" was intended to be part of Carey's debut film soundtrack Glitter, however, after the film's delay, it was included on Rainbow

Glitter had really bad timing too

The 9/11 album release hurt it a lot

While Enrique got a huge boost to Hero

Mimi suffered with Glitter

She went through a lot, but she made one of the biggest comebacks of the last decade so she's proven that she wasn't "over" when Glitter happened like the media made her seem. Plus I think with the right song, she could potentially have at least another no.1

She went through a lot, but she made one of the biggest comebacks of the last decade so she's proven that she wasn't "over" when Glitter happened like the media made her seem. Plus I think with the right song, she could potentially have at least another no.1

Almost Home screamed a smash, but Disney didn't want to promote it bummer1

Almost Home screamed a smash, but Disney didn't want to promote it bummer1

Sometimes I feel that Mariah has an equal amount of potential hits as she has actual hits     dead2

Sometimes I feel that Mariah has an equal amount of potential hits as she has actual hits     dead2

Only Mariah has quality in literally every song of hers

She has a bad management team tho

I don't get how they picked Obsessed, dissing Eminem was not good to start off Memoirs at all

Only Mariah has quality in literally every song of hers

She has a bad management team tho

I don't get how they picked Obsessed, dissing Eminem was not good to start off Memoirs at all

If I'm honest Obsessed is probably my least favourite lead single of Mariah's, she really doesn't need that much autotune    brit5

Memoirs isn't actually a bad album but there were far better single choices than Obsessed     brit8  

If I'm honest Obsessed is probably my least favourite lead single of Mariah's, she really doesn't need that much autotune    brit5

Memoirs isn't actually a bad album but there were far better single choices than Obsessed     brit8  

Agreed

Angels Cry was a better choice imho

Releasing it as the 5th single was pointless as the era had lost attention by then

Agreed

Angels Cry was a better choice imho

Releasing it as the 5th single was pointless as the era had lost attention by then

If the singles were better chosen, the era would've been more successful and we may have ended up having Angels Advocate.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.