Cunt

Judy Garland

banner.jpg

This is the official thread for the amazing late singer and movie actress, Judy Garland (born Frances Ethel Gumm; June 10, 1922 – June 22, 1969), who's best known for starring as Dorothy Gale in the most successful film adaption of the Wizard of Oz (1939). 

I can't believe no one made this yet, flop gays tbh.

I can't believe I didn't make this post already. elV16I56XBO4U.gif

Lemme pull out some rihceipts:

• "Over The Rainbow" is #1 on the RIAA's list of Songs Of The Century and the American Film Institute's 100 greatest movie songs.
  • Also on the AFI's list: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (#76), "Get Happy" (#61), "The Trolley Song" (#26), and "The Man That Got Away" (#11)
  • Two of her film songs have won the Academy Award for Best Original Song - "Over The Rainbow" and "On The Atchison, Topeka, And The Santa Fe."
  • Judy At Carnegie Hall charted on the Billboard 200 for nearly two years, including 13 weeks at #1 and won the Grammy for Album Of The Year, the first time a live album and an album by a female artist won, as well as Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
  • A posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy.
  • "Over The Rainbow," "You Made Me Love You," "For Me And My Gal," Meet Me In St. Louis, Judy At Carnegie Hall, and The Wizard Of Oz have been inducted into the Grammy Hall Of Fame.
  • Special Tony Award in 1952 for her contributions to the revival of Vaudeville with her record-breaking 19-week stand at the Palace Theatre.
  • The AFI named her the 8th greatest female movie star of all time.
  • The National Recording Registry has selected Judy At Carnegie Hall for preservation as a historically, culturally, or aesthetically important recording.
  • Two stars on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame - one for her work on records, another for her work on film.
  • Honored twice with commemorative postage stamps by the US Postal Service.
  • Won a Special Academy Award for her film work in 1939, which included The Wizard Of Oz and Babes In Arms. Has been nominated twice - once for Best Actress for A Star Is Born and once for Best Supporting Actress for Judgement At Nuremburg.
  • Won a Golden Globe for A Star Is Born and received the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award.
  • Both actresses who portrayed her in the 2001 telefilm Life With Judy Garland - Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis - won Emmys for their performances as Judy.
  • Widely considered one of the first major gay icons. It is said that the slang term "friend of Dorothy" was created based on Judy's portrayal of Dorothy Gale. It is also said that "Over The Rainbow" was the inspiration for the rainbow flag that has become the LGBT pride symbol. Some have even suggested a connection between her death and the Stonewall Riots, which happened just hours after her funeral.

IS THAT BARBRA??????

omfg

rip2

Yeah, that clip is from when Barbra was a guest on Judy's TV show.

And it was on that holy day that gay people and their movement for rights were invented. gaga13

Let us not forget this Holy Bible of vocals and showmanship. gaga13

I may as well join in. eve1

I just watched A Star Is Born the other day after purchasing a book about the making of and subsequent restoration of the film. I'm endlessly fascinated by how her appearance changes from one scene to the next. There are moments when she looks absolutely beautiful (when Norman fixes her makeup for one), and then there are scenes where she looks haggard and 15 years older. I don't think Warner Bros.' makeup and hair people were able to roll with the punches like MGM.

It pains me that this woman was made to feel so unattractive and unworthy by that studio though. Look at her:

6dfa90030c21028588a7afd2b3c610c6.jpg

Annex%20-%20Garland,%20Judy%20(Presentin

1-the-harvey-girls-judy-garland-1946-eve

I may as well join in. eve1

I just watched A Star Is Born the other day after purchasing a book about the making of and subsequent restoration of the film. I'm endlessly fascinated by how her appearance changes from one scene to the next. There are moments when she looks absolutely beautiful (when Norman fixes her makeup for one), and then there are scenes where she looks haggard and 15 years older. I don't think Warner Bros.' makeup and hair people were able to roll with the punches like MGM.

It pains me that this woman was made to feel so unattractive and unworthy by that studio though. Look at her:

6dfa90030c21028588a7afd2b3c610c6.jpg

Annex%20-%20Garland,%20Judy%20(Presentin

1-the-harvey-girls-judy-garland-1946-eve

gaga13 A Legend Is Born, YAS! Did you get the Blu-Ray? I love the package it comes in. Especially since the booklet tells more about the making and the restoration of the movie than any of the bonus features. tina1 The Man That Got Away is so legendary. yas2

It's said that the only two films she ever thought she looked attractive in were Meet Me In St. Louis and The Clock - both films were directed by Vincente Minnelli.

I'm mad she only ever did one animated film. You'd think with her talent, she'd have been hired for tons of voiceover work. yas2 And Gay Purr-ee is seriously underrated. The songs were written by the same songwriters from The Wizard Of Oz and they'd write one last song for her after this - the title track from her final film I Could Go On Singing. But this song from Gay Purr-ee slays. brit2yas2

This makes me wanna pull these out and listen too. gaga13

eqfzmBF.jpg

n0DgLG3.jpg

i3na4M9.jpg

I need more tbh. I need some of those box sets that were rihleased in the UK recently, like their Decca singles set, which is said to be better than the official one. brit2