Venus XCX

#TB When Mariah Clocked Bisexuality Rumours

949.jpg

There's no short supply of bisexual stars within the celebr-osphere: Tom Daley, Mario Bello, David Bowie, Cara Delevigne and Greenday's Billie Joe Armstrong are just a handful of openly bi names and faces in the media. Mariah Carey's name had long been tossed through the bisexual hamper, but it wasn't until 2010 that she publicly addressed the claim.

The Advocate addressed the matter during an interview with the elusive chanteuse, not as a question, but rather boldly, as a statement: Bisexual rumors have surrounded you for years. Her response:

"If it makes somebody happy to say that, then whatever, but that's not the reality. I don't have a discriminatory policy of who I'm friends with, so yes, I'm friends with women who are gay - gay, straight, it doesn't matter to me. So I don't get upset when I hear that, because it is what it is. I guess I could lie about it to seem more exciting."

Asked if it was true that Lindsay Lohan had seduced her at a club, Carey responded "No, but I have hung out with her at a club. It really couldn't have been more innocent." And lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Carey addressed the Glitter/Burlesque comparisons in true Mimi fashion (read: shade):

"I haven't seen it, and I don't feel like sitting in a movie theater right now. I can barely lie in bed and be comfortable. First I'm going to go see Elf, the Broadway musical, because I'm very focused on my Christmas music moment. But maybe I'll see it when it comes out on DVD."
(NewNowNext)

949.jpg

There's no short supply of bisexual stars within the celebr-osphere: Tom Daley, Mario Bello, David Bowie, Cara Delevigne and Greenday's Billie Joe Armstrong are just a handful of openly bi names and faces in the media. Mariah Carey's name had long been tossed through the bisexual hamper, but it wasn't until 2010 that she publicly addressed the claim.

The Advocate addressed the matter during an interview with the elusive chanteuse, not as a question, but rather boldly, as a statement: Bisexual rumors have surrounded you for years. Her response:

"If it makes somebody happy to say that, then whatever, but that's not the reality. I don't have a discriminatory policy of who I'm friends with, so yes, I'm friends with women who are gay - gay, straight, it doesn't matter to me. So I don't get upset when I hear that, because it is what it is. I guess I could lie about it to seem more exciting."

Asked if it was true that Lindsay Lohan had seduced her at a club, Carey responded "No, but I have hung out with her at a club. It really couldn't have been more innocent." And lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Carey addressed the Glitter/Burlesque comparisons in true Mimi fashion (read: shade):

"I haven't seen it, and I don't feel like sitting in a movie theater right now. I can barely lie in bed and be comfortable. First I'm going to go see Elf, the Broadway musical, because I'm very focused on my Christmas music moment. But maybe I'll see it when it comes out on DVD."
(NewNowNext)

949.jpg

"I haven't seen it, and I don't feel like sitting in a movie theater right now. But maybe I'll see it when it comes out on DVD."

949.jpg