FOTP
Sign in to follow this  

Games & Competitions | Hosting Events

RihannaRTT    78,790

Hey y'all. I've been meaning to do this thread for a while but only just remembered about it. As you know, the games & competitions section can be a really fun way to interact with other FOTPers. This thread is to let you know what you need and what you should do when attempting to host an event. 

If you are planning to host a large-scale or forum-wide event, Send a PM in advance to either @CHANEL #1 or myself, to tell us a few things about the event, i.e. how the game works, how long you plan to run it for, all the basics. If you need any resources (such as prizes for the winner, a section etc) make us aware of that too. We're happy to answer any questions or concerns about hosting your event. Generally we're happy to play too!

Please note that we're NOT going to shut down events for no reason, but we reserve the right to shut down events if they are already in development by the Events Team, or they're not approved by the Events Team in advance. We want events to be a success so we'll be able to offer advice for hosting the event. The Events Team plans future events behind the scenes, and planning for some events can take anywhere from a week or two up to several months. Therefore, it's important you let us know in advance to avoid double-bookings. 

Be aware that you only need to inform us for larger or more interactive events. Small games and competitions such as "bop or flop" or "rate the ___ above you" do not need to be PM'd in advance. Generally, you also only need to inform us if the event is taking place in the the Games and Competitions section (or one of its sub-sections). Megarates and other music mania / artist section games do not need to be sent to us in advance. If you're unsure whether you need to inform us; just shoot me a quick message and I'll be happy to answer.

The Awards Show schedule for 2016 has been decided and can be found here. No other whole-forum award shows may be hosted next year. However smaller shows relating to a particular fanbase or artist may be hosted freely. Let us know if you're happy to help us out for any of next year's award shows. 

Thanks y'all maisy

---

RihannaRTT    78,790

Just a quick update. I forgot to include this the first time around:

Generally, you also only need to inform us if the event is taking place in the the Games and Competitions section (or one of its sub-sections). Megarates and other music mania / artist section games do not need to be sent to us in advance. 

RihannaRTT    78,790

One small update. The dates of FOTP's 2016 Award Shows have been set. You can see them here. This means that no other whole-forum award shows will be going ahead next year. Award shows for a specific fanbase or artist can still be hosted. Let us know if you want to help out with any of next year's shows.