Aion

Aion Sees Madonna: A Mess Review

VIDEOS ON Mah Instagrrrrrrrm cheryl1

It was fun. fall2 I'm not really going to get into the set list because we all know it. I'll say that the period of previous hits she looks back on mainly is my LEAST favorite Madonna period. But I still jammed. I decided just to see it as this great juxtaposition - "here's how it all began, pressed against what I'm making now." Deeper and Deeper was a total boP of course moo1 Y'all might be surprised to learn that I probably bopped HARDEST to Candy Shop ny5 That album is still garbage though. smile emoticon

She did Ghosttown which made my friend so happy because it's her favorite on the album. And she did Body Shop, which is MY favorite on the album 100234.gif So everyone wins oprah2 My favorite performance is still Like A Virgin.

Apparently there was an *issue* with Living For Love that honestly I didn't even notice. I got so excited during Illuminati because I started filming RIGHT when the guys on the poles lifted up one of the dancers and launched him over the heart stage, and everyone is like "OHHHHHHHH!" ny2

The Unapologetic Bitch for the night was a performer named Derrick Barry, who I've seen on the Internet before, he's a very good Britney impersonator. It took me most of his time on stage to realize that I was looking at a man and not a woman. Bitch was READY though ny2 He was dressed Like A Virgin wedding dress style, and the way he whipped shit off and danced fall2. And she was like, "Okay Britney... you're getting a necklace that says 'Bitch I'm Madonna'" ny5

She looked great, she had a great energy (my friend said she was so surprised to see her looking so vibrant and happy, and she was also surprised that Madonna's speaking voice was so light and girlish), at one point she said she made "a baseball film" here, and we FREAKED OUT because we're constantly quoting A League of Their Own at work. Just last week there was this real hot guy in and I gave him the post-op care instructions for his cat. Afterward, I told my co-worker to go out there and look at him, and he came back all hot and bothered. And I was like, "don't waste your time, Doris eve1 "

Anyway ny5 my section was so strange. The older woman to my right was just like NOT HERE for any of the new stuff. I could feel her vibes coming off her body and she reacted hardest for like Holiday, that kind of material eve1 She just stood there bewildered and uncomfortable when it was basically like one Rebel Heart song after the next at one point ny2 Her friend jammed though moo1

Then the thirtysomething twink in front of us in a sleeveless shirt with his bearfriend - he would dance at the most arbitrary moments. Like he'd sit there and then he'd stand up and all of a sudden we'd just see him swinging his hips around or vogueing at things that had nothing to do with Vogue ny2 Then about three-quarters into the show he just sat down and got really sullen and then they left early fall1

The women behind us went HARD. I could hear those bitches knowing every word to EVERY song. "Oh my god, she's gonna do Ghosttown!" "BITCH GET OFF MY POLE!!" And in the Iconic intro when Madonna talks about creativity being sucked dry or whatever nonsense she's on about, I heard them like, "MHMMM, THASS RIGHT!"

I bought a tour book for $30 moo1 The guy in line before me bought like $100 worth of stuff. He also bought the underwear, which I'd NEVER consider buying for like 20 reasons, but I also noticed it was like, the biggest, longest pair of briefs I've ever seen ny2

So moo1 I had a great time, was slain to the heavens, joined a revolution of love, lived for love, took a holiday, traveled through Heartbreak City, went deeper and deeper tina1 some other song puns here, etc. Mess.

Edited by Aion

Something that really hit home for me during Body Shop was this incredible appreciation of Madonna as a touring act. She actually tours to SUPPORT the current album. So if you're the kind of fan who sticks with an artist through every album - which I am - it means so much to get to hear songs you love that she's basically never going to do again. I've seen every Madonna tour since Confessions. I'm never going to hear Future Lovers again, or I'm Addicted, or Masterpiece, or Body Shop, etc. It makes it even more special that she's committed to sharing her new material on stage. oprah2

thirtysomething twink in front of us in a sleeveless shirt with his bearfriend - he would dance at the most arbitrary moments. Like he'd sit there and then he'd stand up and all of a sudden we'd just see him swinging his hips around or vogueing at things that had nothing to do with Vogue ny2 Then about three-quarters into the show he just sat down and got really sullen and then they left early fall1

fall4

And still the majority of Bedtime Stories, Like a Prayer, American Life and Ray of Light will never see the light of day on a Madonna tour. fall2 Is it true that she replaced the only nice surprise aka. Who's That Girl with Ghosttown? ny2

And still the majority of Bedtime Stories, Like a Prayer, American Life and Ray of Light will never see the light of day on a Madonna tour. fall2 Is it true that she replaced the only nice surprise aka. Who's That Girl with Ghosttown? ny2

She sang them both mj1

I'm considering buying tickets for london after my initial disappointment in all the videos I've seen online

so glad you had a good time!!! it is exciting me more but i think what we all have to remember is that this is the Sean Penn Tour 2015 - its NOT for fans